Forums

The Defence of Saradomin Thread is locked

Quick find code: 341-342-605-65228310

Digitaltramp

Digitaltramp

Posts: 800 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A C P L said :
@Talelon
He did commit genocide (zarosian extermination). He deliberately targeted the Zarosians and with the help of Zamorak went on with the Zarosian extermination.

Although he did go on to wipe out all remaining zarosian strongholds there is nothing to suggest that he tried to kill all beings who resided within those strongholds. Seeing as most of the inhabitants were humans who going by both lore and mod sources stated in the first few pages of this thread were likely glad to be free of zaros reign it seems unlikely. As for other species such as Vampyres the possibilty of genocide does understandably rise somewhat but even still it is neither confirmed or hinted at by any offical sources.

Cthris said :

Dude i'm not saying the Zarosian empire is a opinion, what Mod Jack sad about it is as close to fact as you can get without it being in game, for goodness sake i wrote an entire thread about it, what is opinion is whether its evil or not, your opinion is that he is evil. Besides, who are you to decide whether my reasons are good or not.

If you had provided me a good reason to why Zaros is evil, then i would have no choice to agree with you, but you haven't, so don't agree with you

Also we have no proof of slavery, you have read the quotes, and you know this.

I'm done with this conversation, so there is no need to reply, please learn that just because other p

Zaros isnt evil as such, as evilness pertains to an emotional and mental state of being that would be completely alien to him, Zaros and his empire were more like an empty void where evil dwelt. based on official sources human life in this empire would of been simmilar to human life in present day morytania albeit less marshy.

12-Dec-2013 21:14:05

Autumn Elite

Autumn Elite

Posts: 3,487 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nerevarine x said :
When you think about it, Garlandia says Saradomin brought knowledge and wealth to new Domina.

Garlandia wants to reap the benefits of this but then does not want to help Saradomin. The arrogance and ungratefulness of her - then she has the nerve to publicly oppose him.

And of course, everyone is overlooking the big picture once again. For the entire new Domina, Saradomin brought knowledge and wealth an act of benevolence that many advantaged from.

Yet, people focus on one Icyene.

I think you are missing the point that this symbolises - Saradomin's attitude to opposition.

Yes he brought knowledge and wealth but that does not mean the Icyene owe him and certainly should not start agreeing to everything he says. Let's use a real world example. I am happy the government has provided me with healthcare and an education. But if they declared war on France tomorrow and knocked on my door for help, I wouldn't join the army.

Again he started the conversation with her about the army. She did not start publically protesting with anti-Saradomin banners in the streets, her "public opposition" of him was responding to a question with her honest opinion.

It is very similar to what happens in Death of Chivalry. If you agree with Saradomin, he is nice to you. If you don't agree, you are automatically a threat.

12-Dec-2013 21:17:01

Digitaltramp

Digitaltramp

Posts: 800 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Autumn Elite said :
Nerevarine x said :
Don't publicly embarrass him.

I'm very confident there would be a different response had she consulted him privately and with less hostility.

But Saradomin started the conservation in front of everyone at the banquet. Surely she had to reply? The reply itself "I don't want to fight at all" wasn't exactly outrageous. As we were not there, we are unsure how it occurred but it seems a very extreme response to a simple sentence.

see my post on page 38

12-Dec-2013 21:18:10

Lego Miester
Nov Member 2023

Lego Miester

Posts: 35,339 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nerevarine x said :
Digitaltramp said :
First off lets take a look at Garlandia's character...

Loved your post. I'd like permission to use parts of it in my thread.

Are you serious?! I've never seen a post more full of unfounded excuses and bias, don't use it! :@

Sometimes I wonder if Jagex is intentionally portraying Saradomin more unfavorably with each update to see what your breaking point is. Next week: "Sliske asks Saradomin to wipe out all life on Gielinor for the Stone of Jas, single survivor fled to Zanaris, continues to worship him."

Autumn Elite said :

It is very similar to what happens in Death of Chivalry. If you agree with Saradomin, he is nice to you. If you don't agree, you are automatically a threat.

Not quite. I disagreed with him plenty of times throughout the quest, but it was only once I had stood in his way (apparently attempting to keep the wand for myself or destroy it) that he attacked.

Similarly, the wingless icyene stood in his way by openly defying him in a way that would interfere with his armies (by losing public support for his war).
Headcanon Haven, where everything is made up and the points don't matter.
OSRS Lore: Xeric
Slepe Tight - Slepe Lore

12-Dec-2013 21:50:45 - Last edited on 12-Dec-2013 22:02:25 by Lego Miester

Lego Miester
Nov Member 2023

Lego Miester

Posts: 35,339 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nerevarine x said :

Garlandia denied supporting Saradomin in an attempt to provoke him into punishing her - thus, proving her own point, that Gods were as corruptible and flawed as she thought.

Are you mad?! She'd have to be insane (or masochistic) to intentionally provoke the wrath of a god.

I read that same context and it seems clear that she challenged his authority to make a point that they did not have to obey him.

He promptly countered that by making a point that they did.
Headcanon Haven, where everything is made up and the points don't matter.
OSRS Lore: Xeric
Slepe Tight - Slepe Lore

12-Dec-2013 22:21:43 - Last edited on 12-Dec-2013 22:23:20 by Lego Miester

Vardan

Vardan

Posts: 1,237 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lego Miester said :
Nerevarine x said :

Garlandia denied supporting Saradomin in an attempt to provoke him into punishing her - thus, proving her own point, that Gods were as corruptible and flawed as she thought.

Are you mad?! She'd have to be insane (or masochistic) to intentionally provoke the wrath of a god.

I read that same context and it seems clear that she challenged his authority to make a point that they did not have to obey him.

He promptly countered that by making a point that they did.

I would have preferred they make her a rebel who attacked Icyene Sardominists with her Icyene Godless/Seperatists followers while Saradomin fought in the God Wars. He gets banished, comes back, finds her attacking his followers gets ****** and crushes the rebellion. He prepares to kill all the rebels when she steps forward names herself the leader and asks for the blame to fall solely on her. Saradomin thinks about it, agrees, tells her that by attacking her fellow Icyene she hasn't just betrayed him she's also betrayed her race as they have decided to follow him and rips her wings off as punishment. It's brutal but far less stupidly cruel than ripping her wings off simply because she challenged him.
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

12-Dec-2013 22:52:12 - Last edited on 12-Dec-2013 23:16:46 by Vardan

Unicornz pwn
Dec Member 2023

Unicornz pwn

Posts: 3,009 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So let me get this straight:

Saradomin can kill people for the greater good but Zaros can't.

Saradomin can decide that he doesn't need to play by his rules but Zaros can't (He does anyway).

Saradomin can do what he wants as long as it fulfills his own agenda but Zaros can't.

Saradomin can succumb to his flaws and bring immense suffering but Zaros cant.

Saradomin can force his will on others but Zaros can't.

Saradomin can punish people in order to protect his image and rule but Zaros can't.

Saradomin can torture people but Zaros can't.

Saradomin can assume control of an entire race but Zaros can't

Saradomin can do what he thinks is best, no matter how questionable but Zaros can't.

Saradomin can enslave people but Zaros can't.

Saradomin can be a god of conquest but Zaros cant.

Saradomin can act out of his own interests but Zaros can't.

Saradomin can use savage "justice" to keep order but Zaros can't.

Saradomin can decide what is best for his followers but Zaros can't

Saradomin can force people to join his army but Zaros can't (Though there is no evidence that Zaros does).

Saradomin can favor a race but Zaros can't.

Saradomin can wage wars in search of power but Zaros can't.

Saradomin can attempt to stop potential uprisings before they happen but Zaros can't.

Saradomin can enlist savage warriors into his army but Zaros can't.

Saradomin can judge what is best for the world but Zaros can't.

Saradomin can decide who are threats and remove them but Zaros can't.

Saradomin can have evil followers and not be considered evil but Zaros can't.

Saradomin can exploit his followers but Zaros can't.

Saradomin can change but Zaros can't.

Saradomin can be given the benefit of the doubt but Zaros can't.

Brilliant.

NOTE: Many of the the things have only been performed by Saradomin and other things Zaros has been accused of but there is no proof that he has or hasn't. Just pointing it out lest some person believe that all actions have been performed by both.
"Ego Te Provoco."

The Hooded Zarosian

Lorehound Extraordinaire

13-Dec-2013 05:28:29

Quick find code: 341-342-605-65228310 Back to Top