Forums

The Defence of Saradomin Thread is locked

Quick find code: 341-342-605-65228310

Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

Posts: 5,941 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Final changes to the section about Garlandia, all done now.

After reading Garlandia's dialogue even more carefully, I am strengthened in my conviction that she deserved to have her wings removed.

She was cunning and manipulative, purposefully trying to invoke the wrath of Saradomin which she subtly admits to.

I am completely satisfied now that Saradomin's actions were justified.

12-Dec-2013 11:16:19

Cthris
Dec Member 2023

Cthris

Posts: 5,206 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nerevarine x said :
Cthris said :

By the way nev\'s threads are actually his opinion of lore, that in his own opinion is evidence that Zaros is evil, evidently it is your opinion as well, but just cause people look at the same evidence and come up with

No, lol.

It's not my opinion, the evidence I presented about Zaros being evil was clearly indicative of a malevolent God.

I provided lore to highlight some of the evil acts Zaros has committed, that is not my opinion it is in-game sources of evidence. Need examples?

The description of Zaros' Empire isn't interpretive or my opinion, it's straight from Mod Jack's quotes (storyline writer for Zaros). Zaros keeps innocent humans (the majority) in conditions almost comparable to slavery.

That's not my opinion that's just evidence. Same goes for the Dragon Riders. The truth of the matter right now is, Zaros never upheld his promise (you can argue he may have if there was more time, but the reality is, he didn't)

The Dragon Riders were distrustful of him, eventually seeking out the help of Zamorak.

The Dragon Riders were almost extinct, another fact from the story and Zaros refused to cure their infertility.

All of this is from the evidence and quotes in game, it isn't my opinion. So no, you are wrong.

Again that is your opinion.

I don't believe the Zarosian empire was evil, as he had no intent to make life suck, it was certainly wrong, but it was unintended. Nor did he personally harm those people, the only wrong he can be held accountable for is standing by.

So you are just stating a opinion of a piece of lore, it's no more right then what I just said, we all have our own views of evil, there is no universal judgment of evil. There is nothing wrong with stating you opinion, you just must recognize that it is a opinion,

Also we have no idea about dragon riders. So again you are staing you opinion of what happened to them.

12-Dec-2013 12:23:29

Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

Cthris said :
Nerevarine x said :
Cthris said :

By the way nev\'s threads are actually his opinion of lore, that in his own opinion is evidence that Zaros is evil, evidently it is your opinion as well, but just cause people look at the same evidence and come up with

No, lol.

It's not my opinion, the evidence I presented about Zaros being evil was clearly indicative of a malevolent God.

I provided lore to highlight some of the evil acts Zaros has committed, that is not my opinion it is in-game sources of evidence.

The description of Zaros' Empire isn't interpretive or my opinion, it's straight from Mod Jack's quotes (storyline writer for Zaros). Zaros keeps innocent humans (the majority) in conditions almost comparable to slavery.

That's not my opinion that's just evidence. Same goes for the Dragon Riders. The truth of the matter is, Zaros never upheld his promise

The Dragon Riders were distrustful of him, eventually seeking out the help of Zamorak.

The Dragon Riders were almost extinct, another fact from the story and Zaros refused to cure their infertility.

Again that is your opinion.

I don't believe the Zarosian empire was evil, it was certainly wrong, but it was unintended. Nor did he personally harm those people, the only wrong he can be held accountable for is standing by.

Wrong, I quote lore from the game and Jagex Mods for a reason. Lore is not my opinion it is fact.

The Dragon Riders were almost extinct literally, they asked Zaros to cure their infertility and he refused. Undeniable fact from lore and the quotes very clearly show this (The Last Riders book).

Mod Jack (storyline writer for Zaros) has said over and over that humans suffered in near slave-like conditions in the Zarosian Empire, which is Zaros' responsibility since it is his Empire. Good evidence there, not my opinion.

What don't you understand about this?

12-Dec-2013 12:47:32 - Last edited on 12-Dec-2013 12:59:37 by Nerevarine x

Autumn Elite

Autumn Elite

Posts: 3,487 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nerevarine x said :

After reading Garlandia's dialogue even more carefully, I am strengthened in my conviction that she deserved to have her wings removed.

She was cunning and manipulative, purposefully trying to invoke the wrath of Saradomin which she subtly admits to.

But Saradomin started the conversation, how was she meant to respond automatically agree with everything he says?

12-Dec-2013 12:55:37

Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

Autumn Elite said :
Nerevarine x said :

But Saradomin started the conversation, how was she meant to respond automatically agree with everything he says?

Not sure what you mean but I explain everything in the relevant section.

12-Dec-2013 12:58:00

Cthris
Dec Member 2023

Cthris

Posts: 5,206 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nerevarine x said :

Wrong, I stated facts
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Actually a fact would be Jagex stating he is evil, they have not so you don't have a fact that he is evil, what you do have is your way you interpret actions of another.

in fact it's several mods opinion that he is not evil, and I do believe they know him better then you

Everything on your thread is an interpretation of lore. Lore never outright says anyone is evil or good, it is up for people to decide for themselves what is what. There is not one way to look at it. You interpret saradomin is good and Zaros is bad, that's cool I interpret neither are good neither are bad, though in my opinion I feel saradomin is more accountable.

12-Dec-2013 12:58:38 - Last edited on 12-Dec-2013 13:00:37 by Cthris

Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

Cthris said :
Nerevarine x said :

Wrong, I stated facts

Actually a fact would be Jagex stating he is evil, they have not so you don't have a fact that he is evil, what you do have is your way you interpret actions of another.

It's in fact several mods opinion that he is not evil

Everything on your thread is an interpretation of lore. Lore never outright says anyone is evil or good, it is up for people to decide for themselves what is what. There is not one way to look at it. You interpret saradomin is good and Zaros is bad, that's cool I interpret neither are good neither are bad, though in my opinion I feel saradomin is more accountable.

I'm not talking about if Zaros is evil or not, if you read my replies you'd notice that. The facts I stated are from the game and Jagex Mods.

I've given you two examples several times that you can't grasp.

The Book "The Last Riders" directly says the Dragon Riders turned to Zamorak when the Empty Lord would not uphold his bargain.

The Book directly says there were 5 dragon riders left after all the wars (near extinction) they asked Zaros to cure their infertility and he didn't do it. Undeniable fact.

These things aren't opinion.

Mod Jack's quotes on the Zarosian Empire are not my opinion..He is a storyline writer for Zaros, a very reliable source and he has said it several times: humans suffered in conditions almost comparable to slavery.

Of course this is Zaros' fault, you have a pathetic excuse for claiming it isn't. It is his Empire and therefore it is his responsibility.

Whether you want to consider manipulation and slavery evil or not in your own mind is opinion, NOT the facts I present. Then again, if you're trying to justify such acts as slavery without a good reason it doesn't make your argument very credible, even though you cry out "we all have different opinions".

12-Dec-2013 13:04:45 - Last edited on 12-Dec-2013 13:08:25 by Nerevarine x

Autumn Elite

Autumn Elite

Posts: 3,487 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nerevarine x said :
Not sure what you mean but I explain everything in the relevant section.

Yes you say it is justified. But Saradomin asked her the question. My question is how could she have responded that would not have resulted in her wings being teared off?

12-Dec-2013 13:08:41

Quick find code: 341-342-605-65228310 Back to Top