Forums

The Defence of Saradomin Thread is locked

Quick find code: 341-342-605-65228310

Zulkir

Zulkir

Posts: 7,343 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Because even if we don't comment, he'll keep bumping and bumping the thread for months to come.

I might as well force him into a corner in regards to his false claims.
Zarosian Lorehound

Master Questcape Owner

Inconsistent Completionist

07-Dec-2013 09:03:27

The Stuff
Feb Member 2023

The Stuff

Posts: 248 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really don't understand how these "bumps" are even allowed. Maybe it's because I'm relatively new to the forums. Regardless, let him bump. It'll just point out he's just desperate for attention even further, and will at one point be just a thread full of bumps. Just think long-term.

07-Dec-2013 09:09:09

Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

Posts: 5,941 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Stuff said :
I really don't understand how these "bumps" are even allowed. Maybe it's because I'm relatively new to the forums. Regardless, let him bump. It'll just point out he's just desperate for attention even further, and will at one point be just a thread full of bumps. Just think long-term.

The owner of a thread is allowed to bump it every 10 minutes.

I don't need to make a post to bump it, I can click a button, so no, it won't be a thread full of bumps lol.

07-Dec-2013 09:12:06 - Last edited on 07-Dec-2013 11:29:03 by Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

Zulkir said :
Because even if we don\'t comment, he\'ll keep bumping and bumping the thread for months to come. \n\nI might as well force him into a corner in regards to his false claims.

But you don't supply any evidence (lore) for your perspectives when you post, so you could never falsify any of my views.

My thread is in-depth because it covers multiple issues and topics with explanations citing lore, it's a very powerful argument which I don't see you doing.

07-Dec-2013 09:13:53 - Last edited on 07-Dec-2013 09:15:36 by Nerevarine x

Zulkir

Zulkir

Nerevarine x said :
Zulkir said :
Because even if we don\\'t comment, he\\'ll keep bumping and bumping the thread for months to come. \n\nI might as well force him into a corner in regards to his false claims.
\*\nBut you don\'t supply any evidence (lore) for your perspectives when you post, so you could never falsify any of my views.\n\nMy thread is in-depth because it covers multiple issues and topics with explanations citing lore*****'s a very powerful argument which I don\'t see you doing.

But it really isn't, is it?

Not a single person outside your faction has ever forgiven Saradomin for what he did to the Naragi, that's the only point worth bringing up because the rest of the filth you try and post off as "Arguments" are completely redundant given that you're the one posting them, and as we all know, nothing you ever say is taken seriously.

You give weak, Bias, and headcanon at best reasons as to how Saradomin is benevolent.

You're dubbed "An hero" on many sites Nev. Look up the meaning.
Zarosian Lorehound

Master Questcape Owner

07-Dec-2013 09:21:13

Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

Zulkir said :
Nerevarine x said :
Zulkir said :
Because even if we don\\\'t comment, he\\\'ll keep bumping and bumping the thread for months to come. \n\nI might as well force him into a corner in regards to his false claims.
\*\nBut you don\\'t supply any evidence (lore) for your perspectives when you post, so you could never falsify any of my views.\n\nMy thread is in-depth because it covers multiple issues and topics with explanations citing lore*****\'s a very powerful argument which I don\\'t see you doing.
\n\n But it really isn\'t, is it?\n\nNot a single person outside your faction has ever forgiven Saradomin for what he did to the Naragi, that\'s the only point worth bringing up because the rest of the filth you try and post off as "Arguments" are completely redundant given that you\'re the one posting them, and as we all know, nothing you ever say is taken seriously.\n\nYou give weak, Bias, and headcanon at best reasons as to how Saradomin is benevolent. \n\nYou\'re dubbed "An hero" on many sites Nev. Look up the meaning.

Do you think I'm interested in you wasting your time posting about me on social media websites?

You are sadly mistaken..

Thank you for the publicity though. The more people who know about my thread, the better.

07-Dec-2013 09:24:43

Zulkir

Zulkir

Nerevarine x said :
Zulkir said :
Nerevarine x said :
Zulkir said :
Because even if we don\\\\'t comment, he\\\\'ll keep bumping and bumping the thread for months to come. \n\nI might as well force him into a corner in regards to his false claims.
\*\nBut you don\\\'t supply any evidence (lore) for your perspectives when you post, so you could never falsify any of my views.\n\nMy thread is in-depth because it covers multiple issues and topics with explanations citing lore*****\\'s a very powerful argument which I don\\\'t see you doing.
\n\n But it really isn\\'t, is it?\n\nNot a single person outside your faction has ever forgiven Saradomin for what he did to the Naragi, that\\'s the only point worth bringing up because the rest of the filth you try and post off as "Arguments" are completely redundant given that you\\'re the one posting them, and as we all know, nothing you ever say is taken seriously.\n\nYou give weak, Bias, and headcanon at best reasons as to how Saradomin is benevolent. \n\nYou\\'re dubbed "An hero" on many sites Nev. Look up the meaning.
\n\nDo you think I\'m interested in you wasting your time posting about me on social media websites?\n\nYou are sadly mistaken..\n\nThank you for the publicity though. The more people who know about my thread, the better.

Yes, now over 211 know about this thread now! And they're having a field day calling you all sorts of wonderful things I oh so wish I could tell you about.

You're a despised laughing stock, I'm glad you embrace it.
Zarosian Lorehound

Master Questcape Owner

07-Dec-2013 09:26:18

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nerevarine x said :

Nobody knows the time period it took before Saradomin realised the error of his ways and sought to make those amends.

He tried to redeem himself when he witnessed Tuska and Skargaroth destroy the Naragi viciously: "I sought to make amends when the beast [Tuska] and the hunter [Skargaroth] brought violence of their own.

The chaos and destruction gave Saradomin an opportunity to seek redemption by defending the Naragi. We know that Tuska and her minions were quick to commence killing and looting, so I imagine Saradomin did not wait long before intervening.

As Mewzard said (and I mentioned in my thread) Mod Stu affirmed Saradomin's responses in the Death of Chivalry were intended to be genuine.

I'm glad to see a Saradominist finally agree on the timeline discrepancy, I've see too many act as if Saradomin 'same to his senses' about 2 seconds after blasting a city they also claimed to be empty. At least we can put that behind us now ^_^

Hopefully.

By your own quotes, Saradomin wasn't seeking redemptions, but 'to make amends'. If you refer to my previous posts about the lesson Saradomin learned it was that you couldn't force people to love you (worship) at the end of a gun.

Making amends simply means trying to fix a mistake, the one he learned the lesson from, by using this new situation to try and sway them to his side. Redemption only comes in as a factor well after his failure and the extinction of the Naragi. Well technically they were rendered extinct when his forces, aliied with other went to kill Guthix, the last of the Naragi. Yes there were other, and I hav never denied them bringing violence of their own, but it doesn't matter for this thread, and the minor point still stands that he is responsible for thier extinction, technically. You could blame the other's but you'd only look like a fool grasping at straws trying to do so.

continued . . .
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

07-Dec-2013 10:30:15

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Feeling regret does not in any way lessen that chance that someone will repeat an action. In fact look hard enough, you find he will think something over 'regret' it and then carry out that action if he deems it necessary for his own cause.

I can think of several situations where someone will always regret what they have done and then do it again the next time they get angry, rinse and repeat. While someone people can restrict the impulse, as Saradomin has done to a degree though ultimately failed at in DoC, it can be something that needs an external factor to break the cycle unless the victim themselves does so.

Here on Gielinor we have both wrapped up as the Godless and the gods have no one but themselves to blame. Redemption is still possible, but the gods are going to have to grow up and realise that some actions cannot be fixed with a few fine words and that some of their 'ruling elite' (the best way I can think of to phrase it so stop complaining!) are making the situation worse as they have the diplomatic skills of a mare in heat.

Redemption is till possible, but all factors point to Saradomin not having learned the lesson as fully as is required. He is not a god, but an ascended being. He does not have the right to rule all. Nothing is his by divine right. One mans heaven is another mans hell, so don't expect everyone to be capable of doing things your way.These are lessons he still has to learn.
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

07-Dec-2013 10:30:46

Nerevarine x

Nerevarine x

Well, Saradomin could have come to his senses in relation to the Naragi relatively quickly, or he may not have..Not enough information to make a judgement.

I was using the terms "make amends", "redemption" and "atoning" interchangeably, I don't like to use the same descriptive word over and over, it can make my posts seem dull for those who read them.

I consider Saradomin making amends to be him seeking redemption, he's doing an action (defending the Naragi) to redeem himself or "fix" a problem from the past, as you put it.

So I don't see much difference between the two.

To add to this, I haven't said Saradomin won't make future mistakes, only that he learnt what he did was wrong (as evidenced by his decision to protect the Naragi from Tuska).

I'd argue having deep guilt and regret (where his actions have haunted him for a long time as empires have risen and fallen, mentioned in the Death of Chivalry) does impact on Saradomin's likelihood to do a similar thing again.

The Naragi had a profound effect on him so he's much less likely to commit such acts.

07-Dec-2013 10:38:59 - Last edited on 07-Dec-2013 10:48:36 by Nerevarine x

Quick find code: 341-342-605-65228310 Back to Top