Dennorak
Jul Member 2020

Dennorak

Posts: 4,414 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Last Prophet said :
Dennorak said :
Last Prophet said :
Dennorak said :
I can\\\\'* stand Icyene, they seem like overzealous heretics who want to kill everything in Saradomin\\\\'s way. I loved when that Ripper Demon from The Song Before the War tore Mazakon up
\n\nI love how much evidence there is for the Icyene\\\'s bloodthirsty nature.\n\nLikewise, I love how much evidence there is for the Ripper\\\'s gentle and snuggly ways.
\nNot sure where I ever said Ripper Demons were gentle and snuggly..... so I don\\'t know what your point was there, and we have heard of 3 Icyene so far, and none of them look very good especially Zilyana
\n\nYou assert that the Icyene are a cruel, bloodthirsty race. In the same breath, you claim to "...[love] when that Ripper Demon from The Song Before the War tore Mazakon up."\n\nIf indeed your first statement is true (and it appears that you hold needless violence in low regard, at least in this instance) then how can you condone the conduct of the Ripper Demon or the false god that employed it?

First off.... False god? LOL, typical Saradominist*, that is exactly why your faction takes so much heat here, so good job in keeping that reputation up! ;) , and how can I condone what by the Ripper Demons? Killing an Icyene? They are assassins, they were ordered to kill whatever her name is, and Mazakon tried to intervene, so he got his ass kicked by a Ripper Demon, nothing wrong with that
Zamorakian Lorehound, Flame of Chaos member, Bilrach enthusiast

07-Dec-2013 16:46:01 - Last edited on 07-Dec-2013 16:47:51 by Dennorak

Last Prophet

Last Prophet

Posts: 3,433 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Solanumtinkr said :
My main source is from Zilyana and her own thoughts. She was a \'famous\' commander and how a commander thinks and acts will be mirrored by those under their command. No scrolls required, what we have is her private diary, with her own thoughts and how she acts when we have interacted with her*****'s amazing how revealing something can be if its something they don\'t think others will ever see.

I'm not so sure one person can define an entire race...
+
Last Prophet
+

~Creator of
Ikadia the Exile
~

07-Dec-2013 16:47:05

Last Prophet

Last Prophet

Dennorak said :
Last Prophet said :
Dennorak said :
Last Prophet said :
Dennorak said :
I can\\\\\'* stand Icyene, they seem like overzealous heretics who want to kill everything in Saradomin\\\\\'s way. I loved when that Ripper Demon from The Song Before the War tore Mazakon up
\n\nI love how much evidence there is for the Icyene\\\\'s bloodthirsty nature.\n\nLikewise, I love how much evidence there is for the Ripper\\\\'s gentle and snuggly ways.
\nNot sure where I ever said Ripper Demons were gentle and snuggly..... so I don\\\'t know what your point was there, and we have heard of 3 Icyene so far, and none of them look very good especially Zilyana
\n\nYou assert that the Icyene are a cruel, bloodthirsty race. In the same breath, you claim to "...[love] when that Ripper Demon from The Song Before the War tore Mazakon up."\n\nIf indeed your first statement is true (and it appears that you hold needless violence in low regard, at least in this instance) then how can you condone the conduct of the Ripper Demon or the false god that employed it?
\nFirst off.... False god? LOL, typical Saradominist*, that is exactly why your faction takes so much heat, so good job in keeping that reputation up! ;) , and how can I condone what by the Ripper Demons? Killing an Icyene? They are assassins, they were ordered to kill whatever her name is, and Mazakon tried to intervene, so he got his ass kicked by a Ripper Demon, nothing wrong with that

One takes power and criticism in equal measure, I suppose. Your cabbage-tier god wouldn't understand.

That aside - was this Ripper Demon in question assigned to assassinate an innocent girl as well?

It makes you wonder.
+
Last Prophet
+

~Creator of
Ikadia the Exile
~

07-Dec-2013 16:51:34

[#QUDSWSOIF]

[#QUDSWSOIF]

Posts: 1,418 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thank you Lucrendis ^_^

@Denorrak33, I'm a saradominist that doesn't think his the one true god lol, there all gods, they all earned the right to be one, I just want to kill a few ;) and I personally like/ respect the ripper demon ^_^ , he was good at his job lol

07-Dec-2013 16:52:24

Dennorak
Jul Member 2020

Dennorak

@lucrendis

Depends, this girl in question (Elispeth or however you spell it) was being used by Saradomin's army in order to basically manipulate the population into sending more soldiers into battle against my lord Zamorak's forces, so she did cause many deaths. Whether or not she was forced to do this against her will or not is unknown, but she needed to be taken care of, this is war, you have to make harsh decisions

07-Dec-2013 16:57:51

Last Prophet

Last Prophet

Dennorak said :
@lucrendis\n\nDepends, this girl in question (Elispeth or however you spell it) was being used by Saradomin\'s army in order to basically manipulate the population into sending more soldiers into battle against my lord Zamorak\'s forces, so she did cause many deaths. Whether or not she was forced to do this against her will or not is unknown, but she needed to be taken care of, this is war, you have to make harsh decisions

Your argument is lost if you need to use the word "basically."

An inspiring song is hardly manipulation. Who wouldn't try to muster up forces with whatever talents one has against a violent and hateful god such as Zamorak?
+
Last Prophet
+

~Creator of
Ikadia the Exile
~

07-Dec-2013 17:03:22

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
[#QUDSWSOIF] said :
We all know Zilyana is an extremist lmao ;) , im just saying that you shouldn't judge the whole race by her lol especially judging a race by its the military lol

Their military is and always will be breathing down our necks, the priests and advisors are bad enough. With the 3 all interconnected it's more like an armed camp with secret poice and informers. The only reason it's not so bad at the moment is that the gods lacked direct control or the power to back it up, several thousand years of human self governance has seen to that. All of that will change if given the chance, where anyone not of their faith will be persecuted.

The advisor of Varrock is running it like his own personal fiefdom and has seen to persecuting anyone not Saradominist. Though he wouldn't go after the dwarves diredtly since they weidl too much finaltial power.

The different faiths did not mix back in the day except under duress. You think that was mostly down to not wanting to live near anyone but their own? Those zealots preach peace, understanding and mercy, but only if your a civilian, the rest will show you none. It's a multi tiered farce with the military also acting as the Police.

When the military become the police, the enemies of the people become the enemies of the state.

There's a big difference between the two stances and this army would seem to police things from a religious stance as well and that is always a disaster. There's no dictator worse than a do-gooder doing things 'for your own good' for they do it with the full knowledge that anything they do is righteous and just. Unlike a robber Barron who's appetites can at least be appeased so they leave you alone.

'
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.
'
~Groucho Marx
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

07-Dec-2013 17:05:32 - Last edited on 07-Dec-2013 17:07:17 by Solanumtinkr

Dennorak
Jul Member 2020

Dennorak

Last Prophet said :
Dennorak said :
@lucrendis\n\nDepends, this girl in question (Elispeth or however you spell it) was being used by Saradomin\\'s army in order to basically manipulate the population into sending more soldiers into battle against my lord Zamorak\\'s forces, so she did cause many deaths. Whether or not she was forced to do this against her will or not is unknown, but she needed to be taken care of, this is war, you have to make harsh decisions
\n\nYour argument is lost if you need to use the word "basically."\n\nAn inspiring song is hardly manipulation. Who wouldn\'t try to muster up forces with whatever talents one has against a violent and hateful god such as Zamorak?

Its not an inspiring song, its a song that enchants the people in the village into helping the army, it was no normal song...

07-Dec-2013 17:06:01

Last Prophet

Last Prophet

Dennorak said :
Last Prophet said :
Dennorak said :
@lucrendis\n\nDepends, this girl in question (Elispeth or however you spell it) was being used by Saradomin\\\'s army in order to basically manipulate the population into sending more soldiers into battle against my lord Zamorak\\\'s forces, so she did cause many deaths. Whether or not she was forced to do this against her will or not is unknown, but she needed to be taken care of, this is war, you have to make harsh decisions
\n\nYour argument is lost if you need to use the word "basically."\n\nAn inspiring song is hardly manipulation. Who wouldn\\'t try to muster up forces with whatever talents one has against a violent and hateful god such as Zamorak?
\nIts not an inspiring song, its a song that enchants the people in the village into helping the army, it was no normal song...

With a voice so perfect it could "shake to ash a demon's heart," I wouldn't call it enchantment. It was inspiring.

In any case, there is no evidence for or against the supposed enthralling effect of her voice.
+
Last Prophet
+

~Creator of
Ikadia the Exile
~

07-Dec-2013 17:08:07 - Last edited on 07-Dec-2013 17:08:29 by Last Prophet

Quick find code: 341-342-605-65228310 Back to Top