Forums

GRIEF

Quick find code: 93-94-912-65783429

Corugi

Corugi

Posts: 19,109 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Stoat King said :
Ugh. Clan 'Notaclan'. You pussy.
From the ashes of clan Grief will rise the infant Clan HATE,...

FiFi LaFeles said :
Notaclan. Is that it? After all the superb suggestion that I people put forward.
I'd rather join a clan called Duodenal Towel Munchers....

Kings Abbot said :
Will the name have spaces or not? I kinda liked it more with the spaces. That would also give us the opportunity to decide our name when that one gets filled as well. Maybe we could call it STILL NOT A CLAN. After that, we could call the new one MIGHT BECOME A CLAN, and after that NAH... WON'T BECOME A CLAN, and after that WILL NEVER BE A CLAN, and after that NEVER, YOU HEAR ME?...

*head spins*

You know what? I am getting fed up with you contrary lot. Here I am doing my best to procrastinate and what do you guys do?

YOU HELP ME TO PROCRASTINATE!

Right. I am going to live under the sea. Bye.

*dives under the sea*

*resurfaces 5 mins later*

God I hate the smell of fish.

Alright then, what are we going to do then? Well, lets make a shortlist.

Kings Abbott says "Not a Clan"
Scouse says "Hate"
Fifi says "Duodenal Towel Munchers"
Corugi says "Holy Corugian Empire"
Corugi also says "Stellaboots"

I will give you all one page to either confirm or change your submissions. After that we will vote.

If there is no majority vote then we shall eat Scouse and try voting again.
I failed to keep my New Year's resolution before I even made it.

09-Jun-2018 06:16:31 - Last edited on 09-Jun-2018 07:36:59 by Corugi

Kings Abbot

Kings Abbot

Posts: 10,754 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I vote for NOT A CLAN. We must have spaces in the name and all caps for readability. People must know immediately what they are dealing with.

Also, will we spread Vogon poetry throughout the Forums next to the art, terror and bath towels? Now we only mention one thing that griefs (terror) and two that don't (art and towels). By adding Vogon poetry (it certainly griefs) there will be balance among the things we spread, both because there will be two things that grief and two that will not, plus two things from The Hitchhikers's Guide to the Galaxy and two things not.
As followers of Guthix, we must bring balance, but we need to be balanced ourselves before we can bring it to others. Hail Guthix!
Kings Eastwood in
THE GLOOP , THE BWIAN , and THE WIKI
music by Trewavio Morricone

YOU-KNOW-WHO
GO
YOU-KNOW-WHAT
YOURSELF!

09-Jun-2018 12:47:55

MDove

MDove

Posts: 1,259 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*Throws open door*

Naaaoowww, whoz ya been lettin in to this Bed & Breakfast, anyway?
These dirty, stinkin sausages all over the floors; will toss out back to BernaDude but..but,
this dripping of soft cheeses all down the drapes & onto the Floor???
Just won't do, nope!

How about:
1. High Anxieties
2. Rebels Without a Cause
3. Elder Screwballs Online
or
4. The CORUGIAN EMPIRE and their
Allstar, Traveling Roadshow Hotshot Band

*Pirouettes, collapses wearily into easychair, peering from halfclosed eyes; teethclenched
refraining from Imguring, due to lack of precious linespacing* Yes.

*Blows Bubble-Snap*

09-Jun-2018 13:32:21 - Last edited on 09-Jun-2018 14:57:48 by MDove

Corugi

Corugi

Bernadette said :
My fractured elbow votes for
NOTaCLAN
DISCORD

Original message details are unavailable.
AntiClan Discord ....

I am not sure I follow. You are suggesting that we abandon the RSOF and create a discord called "NOT A CLAN"?

Not sure we would all be on board with switching to a discord.

Or that we run two versions of NOT A CLAN, one here on the RSOF, and one on a Discord?

But if someone was knowledgeable about these things and knew how to set it up, we could give it a whirl.

Anyone doing so would have to probably reassure us about concerns to do with privacy, hacking, doxxing, dissing, phishing and any other sort of ing out there.

10-Jun-2018 02:20:43 - Last edited on 10-Jun-2018 02:29:49 by Corugi

Corugi

Corugi

MDove said :
4. The CORUGIAN EMPIRE and their
Allstar, Traveling Roadshow Hotshot Band

Probably the best suggestion so far, but alas it contains one grievous error.

Its not Holy.

Its more like this...

HOLY CORUGIAN EMPIRE.

Yes.

Its derived from the Holy Roman Empire. As an avid student of history I remember being astonished when first reading about the Holy Roman Empire...

Such supreme arrogance! To incorporate a religious attribute, "Holy", to a loose political confederation of semi-barbaric states that did little more than bicker and wage war for the most dubious of reasons, frequently back stabbing each other, and ruled over by petty despots of the most immoral, wicked, and self serving natures!

To steal, yes steal, the name of the once mighty Roman Empire and appropriate it for themselves, a pack of mostly illiterate Germanic tribes who were essentially responsible for destroying the Roman Empire in the first place.

Such arrogance! Such hypocrisy! Such blatant immorality!

I was deeply impressed. I was awed. I decided to strive to emulate that blot on the history of Human civilization.

Hence: THE HOLY CORUGIAN EMPIRE !!!6!!!

10-Jun-2018 02:47:04 - Last edited on 10-Jun-2018 02:50:05 by Corugi

Corugi

Corugi

Kings Abbot said :
I vote for NOT A CLAN. We must have spaces in the name and all caps for readability. People must know immediately what they are dealing with.

Also, will we spread Vogon poetry throughout the Forums next to the art, terror and bath towels? Now we only mention one thing that griefs (terror) and two that don't (art and towels). By adding Vogon poetry (it certainly griefs) there will be balance among the things we spread, both because there will be two things that grief and two that will not, plus two things from The Hitchhikers's Guide to the Galaxy and two things not.
As followers of Guthix, we must bring balance, but we need to be balanced ourselves before we can bring it to others. Hail Guthix!

Taken on board. If NOT A CLAN is decided upon then certainly it will have spaces, Vogon poetry and towels.

We would then be posting under the thread title of NOT A CLAN, and be referred to as CLAN NOT A CLAN.

10-Jun-2018 02:59:33

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Corugi said :
Bernadette said :
NOTaCLAN
DISCORD

AntiClan Discord ....

I am not sure I follow. You are suggesting that we abandon the RSOF and create a discord called "NOT A CLAN"?.

Ewww not a Discord Channel! That implies effort, organisation and everything which is anethema to our ideology.

However, on reflection, I do feel having a Discord Channel would allow its owner to demand obsequious servility of all those who wished to enter its hallowed portals, so you would be its ideal leader of one!

I like DISCORD as a clan name as it I think it is descriptive of our past wars and shenanigans. It would also Grief those who thought it was an actual Discord channel.

I also like Not a Clan but, on its own, it seems a tad plain and not suited to a group of non-conformist combatants, such as ourselves.

Edit
New idea - Clan <Whatever> - stolen from Raphella, before she realises it is an idea.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

10-Jun-2018 03:32:57 - Last edited on 10-Jun-2018 03:43:31 by Bernadette

Molly Weazly
Jul Member 2008

Molly Weazly

Posts: 4,686 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bernadette said :
NOTaCLAN
DISCORD

AntiClan Discord ....

Ouch Bernadette! How did you fracture your elbow. Sounds amazingly bad. I say you deserve a break to heal said elbow and the vote put on hold.

Although the name Broken Elbows could work.

10-Jun-2018 05:49:45

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aaaaaargh! This is all giving me a headache. I'm having to actually think.
I thoroughly object to being pressurised into thinking , so I'm not going to.
I am returning to my former dream-state wherein I dally with used Vogan sauna towels.

Please jab me with a stick when this weighty matter has been resolved. Cheers!
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

10-Jun-2018 10:12:03

Quick find code: 93-94-912-65783429 Back to Top