Forums

F2P Extensions

Quick find code: 74-75-796-66289388

Seasons Past

Seasons Past

Posts: 559 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Ironpariah

Yes, the cap should definitely be raised. I've proposed raising each P2P skill to 20 in separate "skill extensions". I think this would work better than having a blanket update to raise them all at once, without addressing training and mechanical issues. For really clunky skills like Agility and Hunter, general improvements would need to be made before or at the same time as raising the cap to 20.

As explained on the previous page, the only exception I would make (other than Invention) is Construction. I recently proposed making Construction entirely P2P. All other P2P skills should be extended to 20 alongside necessary improvements.
Spirit of Forinthry ~ Runecrafting: Magic Armour ~ F2P Extensions ~ Dragon Slayer improvements ~ New Player Experience

31-Oct-2023 22:35:09

Kat Stryke

Kat Stryke

Posts: 2,010 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Seasons Past said :
Kat Stryke said :
My congratulations to the OP for creating a comprehensive, well-organized, and greatly detailed thread! Nicely done. :)

I do not have any real disagreements with any of your suggestions. I will say that in general I have little to no interest in minigames.

The points upon which I most strongly agree are:

- raising the F2P cap on member skills to level 20 (except Invention, of course). Level 5 is too low to get any real appreciation for the potential of these skills.

- expansion of the F2P world where it makes sense, particularly Taverley Dungeon.
Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to read through.

Aside from Invention, the only members' skill I wouldn't raise is Construction. The main reasons are:
1. Relevance - POH is no longer the essence of Construction, thanks to Fort Forinthry
2. Mechanics - Fort Forinthry is more modern, smooth, and intuitive than the POH
3. Impressions - POH is permanently stuck with 2006 Graphics, rapidly building/breaking furniture to level up, etc.

Fort Forinthry is an all-round better version of the POH, so it doesn't make sense for the original one to be the introduction to Construction.

Would be interested in your thoughts on this if you have any.

Just two:

1) Fort Forinthry is useless in F2P. Once Pumpkin Pete and his pumpkin patch are gone, there will be no reason for free players to visit that empty space. For the fort to have purpose in F2P, we would need access to the related quests, and I do not see that happening.

2) You may well be right on all counts regarding FF being better than the POH. This actually makes it more likely Jagex would prefer to expand the POH in F2P instead of allowing us access to the fort. They do not like for us to have nice things.

I have not bothered to get a POH because the options are so limited. I lamped my way to level 5 Construction. If I had more options to train it to 20, I would.
I've been putting out fire with gasoline! ^_^

Kat's Diary

02-Nov-2023 03:46:20

Noctis King
Dec Member 2023

Noctis King

Posts: 77 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Seasons Past:

For the Heblore skill, only Marrentill and Harralander are needed. Tarromin ingredient for strength potion at level 7, Marrentill herb used for defense, necromancy, and possibly anti-poison (if poison is introduced) at levels 9, 11, and 13, respectively. Finally, Harralander herb is used for brewing Greenman's Ale, and we need to lower the blamish oil down to level 20 for the Heroes quest. Marrentill and Harralander herbs need to be cleaned at herblore levels 9 and 20, respectively.

Apothecary needs a bigger update, so f2p can bring ingredients to give to create energy potion. If Marrentill and Harralander herbs are added, then incense stick-based herbs should be added.

Optional: a select few enemies can inflict combat stat debuffs in f2p, like King Black Dragon. A restore potion could be made in f2p and lowered to herblore level 20 to be created using the clean Harralander herb.

Also, cooked lava eel should be buffed in terms of healing since cooking and fishing levels are higher than those of swordfish.

If the mage training arena is in, then Infinity Robes equipment should be available as tier 55 armor. Thanks to the rikornak idea of the wands, they should be upgraded to hard special effects because they are harder to obtain.

Source:
List of Minigame improvement thread in Existing Game Content page 37.

When infinity robes have a chance to become f2p, also red dragonhide armor also tier 55 armor may have a chance.

Thanks for reading!

07-Nov-2023 00:01:34 - Last edited on 07-Nov-2023 00:04:33 by Noctis King

Seasons Past

Seasons Past

Kat Stryke said :
[...]
1) Fort Forinthry is useless in F2P. Once Pumpkin Pete and his pumpkin patch are gone, there will be no reason for free players to visit that empty space. For the fort to have purpose in F2P, we would need access to the related quests, and I do not see that happening.

2) You may well be right on all counts regarding FF being better than the POH. This actually makes it more likely Jagex would prefer to expand the POH in F2P instead of allowing us access to the fort. They do not like for us to have nice things.[...]
There are three main options I can see:

Option A:
Copy and paste the mechanics of Fort Forinthry into a new version of the POH
Pros:
-Would pave a smooth transition from F2P to P2P Construction content
Cons:
-High development cost. The POH would probably have to be rebuilt from scratch due to technical debt
-More investment in reworking outdated content, with uncertain return
-Splitting benefits across two separate pieces of content serving similar purposes, leading to cannibalisation and redundancy

Option B:
Introduce Fort-like training for all players, without having to unlock Fort Forinthry
Pros:
-Would give purpose to the skill on F2P, by allowing players to construct and sell planks to members
-Low development cost
-Would circumvent the POH
Cons:
-Possible awkwardness with relation to Fort Forinthry quest series

Option C:
Make Construction P2P, unlocked with New Foundations quest
Pros:
-Lowest development cost
Cons:
-Would provoke knee-jerk popular reaction to "removing" content, i.e. the POH
Spirit of Forinthry ~ Runecrafting: Magic Armour ~ F2P Extensions ~ Dragon Slayer improvements ~ New Player Experience

07-Nov-2023 01:02:23 - Last edited on 07-Nov-2023 01:04:50 by Seasons Past

Seasons Past

Seasons Past

Update 07/11/23

Suggestions
-Added the following in response to feedback:

Asgarnia
* Farming level requirements for herbs lowered to match Herblore (post 2)
* Restore potion unlocked at level 20 Herblore instead of 22 (post 3)
* Herblore requirement for blamish oil lowered from level 25 to 20 (post 4)
* Maximum healing from lava eel increased (post 4)

Lumbridge & Draynor
* F2P access to Mage Training Arena minigame and equipment rewards up to T55 (post 5)
* Infinity robes reworked as power armour (post 5)
* F2P access to antipoison potions and marrentill incense sticks (post 5)
* F2P access to harralander incense sticks (post 6)

Varrock & WIlderness
* F2P access to red dragonhide equipment (post 7)
* Ability to upgrade standard dragonhide armour into power armour as a reward from Dungeoneering (post 39)

07-Nov-2023 03:49:55 - Last edited on 17-Dec-2023 03:52:11 by Seasons Past

Noctis King
Dec Member 2023

Noctis King

I was picking red dragonhide and infinity armor. We have tier 55 armor for melee, which is a gud raider shield and chainbody. I know melee has power armor, including corrupt dragon equipment (tier 60) and range, and mage can have tank armor for tier 55. But currently, melee has gud raider equipment and corrupt dragon equipment, which is stronger than other combat triangles. Range and magic need to have balance. If not tank armor, then it'll instead need power armor for Tier 55.

Weapons are alright for now for mid-50's tier: gravite equipment, gud raider axe, nature staff, and magic-sighted shieldbow. I think parity with corrupt dragon equipment will be thought about later. I will find out which would be the best fit. Corrupt dragon equipment needs more time than 30 minutes to be used until it degrades to dust.

07-Nov-2023 17:39:11

Seasons Past

Seasons Past

Noctis King said :
I was picking red dragonhide and infinity armor. We have tier 55 armor for melee, which is a gud raider shield and chainbody. I know melee has power armor, including corrupt dragon equipment (tier 60) and range, and mage can have tank armor for tier 55. But currently, melee has gud raider equipment and corrupt dragon equipment, which is stronger than other combat triangles. Range and magic need to have balance. If not tank armor, then it'll instead need power armor for Tier 55.

Weapons are alright for now for mid-50's tier: gravite equipment, gud raider axe, nature staff, and magic-sighted shieldbow. I think parity with corrupt dragon equipment will be thought about later. I will find out which would be the best fit. Corrupt dragon equipment needs more time than 30 minutes to be used until it degrades to dust.
I think infinity robes would be a good candidate for T55 power armour, as they take a long time to obtain, similar to gud raider armour. I've added infinity and red dragonhide armour.

It would make sense for gud raider equipment to be a full set with a helm/gloves/boots/etc, as that is the case for most armour sets, including infinity robes. As for a Ranged counterpart, I'm not sure if there is an existing set that could be used. Red dragonhide wouldn't work as power armour, as it is far too easy to obtain. The easiest way I can think of is to add a reward to Dungeoneering to turn standard Ranged armour into power armour, like the shieldbow sight does for weapons.

I feel like the nature and law staves could use a buff, as they are outperformed by gravite equipment. The rune saving property isn't enough to offset the lower stats.

07-Nov-2023 19:39:49 - Last edited on 07-Nov-2023 20:37:15 by Seasons Past

Noctis King
Dec Member 2023

Noctis King

Are chaos tunnels going to be considered for F2P? Fully or partially?

If so, then I can add monsters to the list in this thread, and you can refer to them if you want.

The Infinity Robe can power or tank armor, but it is up to Jagex. I have another idea.

Another idea for power armor would be that Dagon'Hai Monk can drop the Dagon'Hai Robe set for Tier 40 power armor. Since their combat level is 77, the same as Hollowtoof from goblin raids, why not make the robe set buff to tier 55 power armor? Also, for P2P, Flamtaer robe armor should be buffed as well. The monks will get buffs due to combat; most of the F2P monsters have had their stats changed from the necromancy update and their HP buffed.

07-Nov-2023 20:54:07

Seasons Past

Seasons Past

I'm undecided on the Chaos Tunnels.

Here are my reservations:
-There are a significant number of Slayer monsters
-A lot of NPCs drop almost nothing and/or are graphically outdated
- The Hunt for Surok miniquest should remain P2P, as it primarily awards Slayer and Summoning benefits

I think it could work, if:

1. Outdated NPCs are either reworked (however, this would cost development resources), removed from the area, or replaced with more modern NPCs. These include:
-Bloodworm
-Crypt spider
-Shadow hound
-Potentially others

2. Slayer exclusive NPCs (other than cave bugs) do not spawn on F2P worlds. These include:
-Infernal mage
-Turoth
-Dust devil
-Gargoyle
-Nechryael

3. The Hunt for Surok and Bork remain P2P

07-Nov-2023 22:14:23

Quick find code: 74-75-796-66289388 Back to Top