Forums

F2P Extensions

Quick find code: 74-75-796-66289388

Noctis King

Noctis King

Posts: 93 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh, bummer, we don't have access to a rare drop table. Hopefully, if there is an update with these extensions, most of the simple rare drops will be possible to get.

I have constructed a beta list for phase 1 content. Please give me feedback and let me know what would make sense. Herblore and farming skill extensions made sense. And summoning (without reworking for now) and agility make sense. Other member skills extensions will be addressed in phase 2. Prayers, Rune-crafting, and glassblowing updates make sense to add here.

Currently, I am debating whether to add Combat phase (some equipment) and Zanaris in phase 1.

17-Jan-2024 20:55:34 - Last edited on 18-Jan-2024 03:45:20 by Noctis King

Noctis King

Noctis King

PHASE 1:
(Following will be F2P)

Skills Extensions:

Summoning up to LVL 20 cap

- Gold Charms dropped in P2P for all F2P monsters.

- Green Charms will become F2P.

Farming and Herblore increased to LVL 20.

- Farming oak and willow trees changed to levels 10 and 20 respectively, to match with woodcutting levels.

- Marrentill and Harralander herbs. Restore Potion adjusted to level 20.

Agility limits to LVL 20 cap

- Possible to cross the fence in Varrock. Since Mithral Grapple is a F2P item, Falador and Lumbridge shortcuts are possible.

Existing content additions & QOL
:

Entrana

Glassblowing

The balloon transport system is only used in F2P areas.

Varrock Museum

Wilderness, Falador, and Varrock: Easy Achievements.

Taking the subway wilderness achievement would be moved to Medium Achievements. Locating the Hellfire Bow and WildyWyrm would require medium achievements.

Able to make garden pie

Amulet of Farming, Rings (of Dueling, Forging, and Life), Forinthry Bracelet, and Phoenix Necklace. Ring of Dueling will only teleport the user to F2P areas.

Ability to cut magic trees in non-member areas due to Magic Logs being F2P

Craft Law and Choas runes. Consolidate pure and rune essence into one item.

Lesser and standard runic staves.

Retribution, Redemption, and Smite prayers.

Quests:

Enlightened Journey (Farming Requirement Reduced to Level 20 - See Above Willow Tree)

Recruitment Drive, Enter the Abyss, Rune Memories, What Lies Below quests with no changes.

17-Jan-2024 20:59:28 - Last edited on 18-Jan-2024 03:46:53 by Noctis King

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,258 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Noctis King said :
Oh, bummer, we don't have access to a rare drop table. Hopefully, if there is an update with these extensions, most of the simple rare drops will be possible to get.

That would have worked better with the previous iteration of the RDT. It was reworked recently to be more relevant (speak: it now contains a lot more of objects targeting at higher levelled players than before).
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

18-Jan-2024 07:36:56

Seasons Past

Seasons Past

Posts: 595 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For those interested, here is a Google Drive link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19LhJ205NwW6GoqN9LPEORmkINKISjk7O?usp=sharing

I've separated the extensions I wrote in here into three tiers, or phases as Noctis King put it. The hierarchy is close to the original Front/Middle/Tail system, but this time I haven't separated them by game area, only hypothetical order of release. I've numbered them according to priority (not permanent) and changed a few things around from the forum suggestions. Comment permission is on.
Spirit of Forinthry ~ Runecrafting: Magic Armour ~ F2P Extensions ~ Dragon Slayer improvements ~ New Player Experience

19-Jan-2024 17:45:56

Noctis King

Noctis King

It looks okay. I suggest adding the treasure trail at later tiers. I guess instead of breaking down to 3, make it 4 tiers.

The reason I had a combat phase was because Jagex was working to update the combat. I know there is uncertainty about whether there will be a combat level cap increase to 120. Strong smelting and mining urns are F2P, which could imply but not prove Tier 60 equipment might be F2P later.

Having dragonstone and oynx jewelry in the same tier does not make sense for now. I guess Tzhaar expansion should be in a new tier.

Remember, everything does not need to be crammed into the first 20 levels. Leave some rework for up to level 30. Maybe in the far future, there could be skill level 30 extensions hinted to be future-proofed divination, necromancy, and archeology, if Jagex can make a decision.

PS: F2P does not access to rare drop table, other than the gem table. With some extension then this could be possible. Super Rare Table will be P2P.

Other then that, you can use discord to post your ideas.

19-Jan-2024 21:51:35 - Last edited on 19-Jan-2024 23:18:43 by Noctis King

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,258 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They'll update the combat beta once again tomorrow, but sadly we won't be able to discuss the changes in here anymore.

So far most of the stuff was introducing the necromancy systems to the older combat styles - better tooltips, more reliable damage (albeit with lower spikes), increased hit cap from 10/12k to 30k, improved crit system, replacing accuracy with damage potential. On top of that they've changed certain unappealing abilities and special attacks - and passive effects for certain high levelled items.

I am certainly looking forward to what they're doing tomorrow.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

24-Jan-2024 06:09:02

Quick find code: 74-75-796-66289388 Back to Top