Forums

F2P Extensions

Quick find code: 74-75-796-66289388

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,258 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Unmentioned, existing standard spellbook teleport spells above 50 remain unchanged both for costs and unlock requirements

- Level 6 Enchant (57) - Gives access to the ring of fortune, the luck of the dwarves and the grace of the elves. It could be considered to give hydrix based jewellery its own dedicated enchantment spell, but I wouldn't see it entirely needed.
- Anachronia Teleport (72) - The totem of the abyss now is permanentely built and charged at its own dedicated spot inside the base camp. The spell offers players a choice to teleport either to the player lodge (tier 2+ required) inside the base camp or any of the other totems all over the island.

Changes and additions to diary rewards:

- Seers 1: Gives an infinite teleport to the bank.
- Fremmenik 1: Infinite teleport to Relekka moved down from 4
- Ardougne 2: Infinite teleport to Manor farm moved down from 4, up from once daily
- Karamja 1: Gives an infinite teleport to TzHaar City. Players are placed in front of the entrance

Maybe some thoughts of places, which you still would think to be hard to reach? I think for that a lot of quest rewards could be reviewed as well.

Going through your current list of spells, I think zanaris could deserve something, but I don't think a standard spellbook spell is the right thing for that simply due to its theme alone. On the other hand you could use an enlightened amulet to get very close to the shed as long as you do not even have access to the fairy ring network. Crandor could make sense as well, by either finding a spell scroll somewhere in the rubble or considering to unlock a teleport to it on one of the pieces of jewellery (probably traveller's necklace or the enlightened amulet). I'd solve white wolf mountain differently though. If you want to make the ice queen a permanent boss, it could be a (consumable or permanent) drop from her, as long as she isn't a boss it wouldn't be needed at all.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

12-Jan-2024 06:43:54 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2024 07:51:27 by Rikornak

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Seasons Past said :
I don’t consider it an issue to unlock things as you progress through the game. My original goal was to make teleport spells more useful, but that proved too narrow a focus. As you’ve pointed out, there is usually not enough difference for spells to compete with lodestones in the current system .

I agree that the original teleport spells should be improved. What I don’t agree with is the sense of fatalism that there would never be reason to use a teleport spell if a lodestone exists in a similar location.

Incorporating jewellery into the Burthorpe paths sounds like a great idea.

Honestly I do think lodestones and other kinds of teleports can exist alongside one another - and truth to be told most of them actually do. For instance for somebody who does Treasure Trails a lot of lodestones are not worth bothering to be used unless they're charged. Sometimes (and especially for newer ones) they're without alternatives, but usually you can upgrade your own teleport network beyond them. But it's just a fact that some spells (or teleport items) just were awful stinkers, that would have been killed of by literally anything new in that regard. Those should be pushed into the right direction - fix their level requirements, fix their unlock requirements, loosen other kinds of restrictions they might have and move their teleport locations to somewhere more relevant (albeit for now I really can just say this for the yanille/watchtower - I left the latter in the the case someone might find that one thing I've just not thought about - but whatever that might be - no justification whatsoever to have this thing to be the standard)

12-Jan-2024 07:01:26 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2024 07:12:29 by Rikornak

Seasons Past

Seasons Past

Posts: 595 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like the enchantment spell suggestions - especially keeping the minimum level at 7, moving the ring of duelling down to a jade ring, and the digsite pendant adjustments. For dragonstone jewellery, what would you say about being able to recast Lvl-5 enchant when it runs out of charge?

For the Varrock teleports, I think I finally agree with having multiple instead of a toggle.

Yanille should certainly be the default for that area, with no quest requirement. The Watchtower teleport should take you immediately outside the tower, on the ground, as that would be more useful than the current one for things like the Khazard runite mine, Port Khazard itself, or the Agility dungeon.

I might recommend the Mage Training Arena arrival point being between the outer and inner gates, for convenience when chopping magic trees. The magical barrier would be removed. The place is defended by rune guardians, so it’s not as if it would be helpless.

Paterdomus seems a little high. While it would be one of the lesser used teleports, it is in a F2P area so should be lower than Camelot. It should also be lower than the Mage Training Arena, as the latter would have a minigame requirement.

I would propose the following adjustments:

1 Taverley
3 Falador
5 Lumbridge
7 Level 1 Enchant

10 Varrock Square / Grand Exchange / Church
13 House
15 Fort Forinthry
17 Level 2 Enchant

20 Paterdomus
23 Mage Training Arena
27 Level 3 Enchant

30 Camelot
33 Ardougne

35 Yanille / Watchtower

37 Lvl 4 Enchant
40 South Feldip

47 Level 5 Enchant
Spirit of Forinthry ~ Runecrafting: Magic Armour ~ F2P Extensions ~ Dragon Slayer improvements ~ New Player Experience

13-Jan-2024 00:20:57

Seasons Past

Seasons Past

Posts: 595 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think the Zanaris teleport should be unlocked for the traveller’s necklace after Lost City. It’s a quest that allows you to access a new area, which fits the name. I feel like that necklace should possibly become focused on quest areas, including Crandor, Zanaris, and likely others later. It already takes you to Uzer and the Outpost north of Ardougne, which are more or less quest-specific. Even the Wizards' Tower fits into that theme.

Agreed on the Ice Queen. The teleport would make most sense unlocked as a drop, taking players directly into the lair.

The area task rewards make perfect sense. I’ve always found it disingenuous that you need multiple 90+ skills to unlock the most worthwhile rewards, which usually only relate to one or a couple of those skills. Achievement rewards in general were designed more as extras for high level players than being a natural part of the game progression.

Other times the rewards don’t really make sense for the area. The cabbage patch teleport is the most glaring example, which should have been given to Falador.
Spirit of Forinthry ~ Runecrafting: Magic Armour ~ F2P Extensions ~ Dragon Slayer improvements ~ New Player Experience

13-Jan-2024 00:30:07 - Last edited on 13-Jan-2024 00:31:10 by Seasons Past

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Dragonstone jewellery inititally is uncharged when you enchant it, so the ability to charge it is something to be earned. I dislike the current system, that certain pieces only can be charged in certain places (i.e. ring and amulet are charged in the heroes' guild, while bracelet and necklace are charged in the legends' one). The tears of seren in prifddinas and the geyser titan familiar allow you to bypass those restrictions, but I think even if you were allowed to recharge any piece of jewellery at both guilds, the legends' one still would be highly favourable - simply for the reason you don't have to run through a full dungeon for that.

Thinking of OS their system is certainly even more a mess, since they've got the following

- Fountain of heroes (only amulets)
- Totem pole (necklaces and bracelets)
- Fountain of uhld (amulets, necklaces and bracelets) (accessible in the myths' guild following their dragon slayer 2 quest)
- Recharge Dragonstone spell (amulets, necklaces and bracelets)
- Charge dragonstone jewellery scroll (amulets, necklaces and bracelets)
- Fountain of rune (all jewellery, only place to charge rings, gives jewellery 6 charges (rather than 4), grants a 1/25k chance to transform an amulet into an amulet of eternal glory with infinite charges) - since it's OS it naturally is in the wilderness.

On top of that you need to complete the Heroes' and Legend's quests to use the spell and the scrolls - which are treasure trail rewards - for their respective pieces of jewellery.

I think the system worth being replicated the most would be the treasure trail scroll, which I wouldn't be introduce as a common shared reward as in OS, but somewhat rarer as an exclusive for beginner clues in here, allowing you to bypass the quest restrictions. Eternal jewellery wouldn't have reward space, since the ring of fortune made from an onyx would be the direct upgrade over wealth for us already.

13-Jan-2024 07:14:42

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

While the paterdomus lies within the f2p world, morytania certainly already is an area for medium levelled players, while Kandarin would be a more natural place to go for upon completing most of your exploits (with the expection of DS) in f2p possible. In general I think varrock should be unlocked before falador, since the paths lead you from burthope to taverley to lumbridge. And quests in that general area will lead you more to varrock, than to falador (see vampyre slayer or even pirate treasure (yeah - that one will send you to falador in the end, but first you'll go to varrock)). You can't play MTA before reaching 33 magic, so it doesn't make sense to unlock the spell before that - and most players probably won't even want to interact with it at that point - the rewards mostly are intended for level 60 players after all.

Issue with diary rewards is they should be appealing all over the board - and obviously teleports can be this. The cabbage port for lumbridge 3 (which has historical reasons - it was the second diary to ever exist and it was intended as THE f2p thing released alongside a lumbridge rework back in 2008) also was extremely appealing back in the day and it probably was even the main reward for that thing, before it got its combat stats added. But at times things just feel too restrictive (and there are enough things, that should be lowered at least one tier) - and yet this doesn't mean there aren't teleport improvements, that couldn't be locked behind an elite diary. For instance I wouldn't change anything about the chaos tunnel teleport for varrock 4.

13-Jan-2024 07:23:24 - Last edited on 13-Jan-2024 07:42:51 by Rikornak

Noctis King

Noctis King

Posts: 93 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I will be separating content into different phases for F2P quality of life and visual representation going to other platforms.

I have collected the list of quests in this thread, which will be compiled into a diagram with appropriate phases. If anyone has an idea or something to fit phases let me know, please let me know before I create a presentation diagram. This is just preliminary ideas.

Phase 1:

This will contain an Entrana area expansion.

Herblore, division, and farming skills will be included.

This will contain glassblowing and some quests.

Minor rework on runecrafting, chaos, and law runes will be done in F2P.

Other small tweaks and QOL include magic trees to cut, garden pie, and some enchanted jewelry that is reachable.

Falador Achievement

Combat Phase:

(due to combat updates and potentially level cap increases)

Tier 55 and 60 equipment

Summoning Rework

Mage training arena (could be in phase 1)

Phase 2:

Slayer, Hunter, Thieving, and Agility Skills Extension

Zanaris Expansion and Cosmic Runes

Traveley Dungeon and Lumbridge Swamp Caves, Dorgesh-Kaan

Vanaka and Chaeldar Slayer Masters

All enchanted jewelry, from Lapis up to Diamond

Prayers

Wilderness and Varroc Achievements and Museum

Some quests

Phase 3:

Brimhaven Expansion

Heroes quest with modifications.

Dragonstone Jewelry

Edgeville Dungeon and battle staff with charge orb spells

Mage Arena, Special Attack (could be in the combat phase)

Void Knight's Outpost

Phase 4:

Tzhaar City expansion

Kalphite Queen

Karamja Expansion with Nature Runes

Quests

14-Jan-2024 01:29:54

Noctis King

Noctis King

Posts: 93 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For the beach event.

It would be awesome to have both shark fists and off-hand shark fist weapons released at every beach event. I know this treasure hunter can only have one item at the time.

Any existing user who has a shark fist weapon will be adjusted to the respective weapon tier and can have multiple weapons. Anyone who has obtained a shark fist before will get a pop-up window and either have the option to put it in the bank or in inventory.

Note: I took inspiration from other media to create a shark boss.

I suggest that the raids similar to goblin raids be basically near bodies of water where Shark-Nick would appear. Shark-Nick will be a temporary boss that requires combat to battle him. Talking to Shark-Nick will grab tier 1 shark first. Shark Fist tier 35, 45, and 55 weapons will have a chance to be obtained if a user beats Shark-Nick.

I propose a new item called Shark Finhead for Tiers 45 and 55 melee power armor head pieces.

F2P will have a chance to get both Shark Fist weapons and Shark Finhead headgear. Since F2P already has tier 55 gear, like gud raider gear and gravite weaponry,.

I am also considering making the shark fists upgradeable.

14-Jan-2024 01:29:56 - Last edited on 15-Jan-2024 19:03:40 by Noctis King

Quick find code: 74-75-796-66289388 Back to Top