Forums

F2P Extensions

Quick find code: 74-75-796-66289388

Noctis King
Dec Member 2023

Noctis King

Posts: 77 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I suggest the summoning skill. Spirit Scorpion is valid and under level 20 to get since bronze claw is in f2p. Summoning needs a rework and balance changes, at least for the level 20 extension. If Jagex wants to expand summoning, it would be better to create new ones to boost non-member, non-combat skills (ignoring the dungeoneering skill). I have an idea of how the new monster will boost each non-member skill, i.e., termite for woodcutting.

Looking at another thread since slayer level expansion. Hopefully,
dragon slayer gloves
from the Fist of Guthix rewards should lower the requirement from slayer
level 40 to 20
. One glove is pretty useless in P2P.

I guess p2p will have orikalkum without degrading; we should get a new one, for example, impure orikalkum, which requires repair similar to higher-tier equipment for p2p. If that is not fair, then another option should change for P2P to have necronium equipment as a pure or super version that does not degrade.

Since we have corrupt dragon equipment, we need corrupt versions for range and magic equipment as well.

Also,
chocolate and strawberry cheesecake
should be f2p. All ingredient are in F2P and needs partial completion of chef's assistant quest in order to make.

Error on your part. Vannaka slayer master does not have slayer level locked. It is only combat level 30 which should be left as is.

28-Sep-2023 23:24:22 - Last edited on 29-Sep-2023 00:24:21 by Noctis King

Conqueress

Conqueress

Posts: 2,238 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like this idea.

I mean, they did allow for Necromancy to get up to level 20 for free players. By that time if you feel like you're craving more after you've reached level 20 and have completed the said suggested events, then you could always subscribe to continue playing and levelling up all while having access to the extras.
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Conqueress *´¨)
"You may encounter many defeats, but you must never be defeated." - Maya Angelou

29-Sep-2023 00:29:14

Seasons Past

Seasons Past

Posts: 559 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
[...]Summoning needs a rework and balance changes, at least for the level 20 extension. If Jagex wants to expand summoning, it would be better to create new ones to boost non-member, non-combat skills (ignoring the dungeoneering skill). I have an idea of how the new monster will boost each non-member skill, i.e., termite for woodcutting.
I agree with your thoughts on this - early familiars should focus on F2P benefits.

I also agree that Summoning is due for a rework. A lot of familiars simply aren’t worth the trouble for the meagre benefit they offer. Some of the more useful ones at lower levels give invisible skill level boosts, which are cool because they don’t compete with every other boost there is in the game. I’m open to hearing any ideas you have on improving Summoning.
[...]Spirit Scorpion is valid and under level 20 to get since bronze claw is in f2p.
Good point. The spirit scorpion would work as long as the charm is changed from crimson to gold. I updated the Herblore & Summoning Extension section.
Spirit of Forinthry ~ Runecrafting: Magic Armour ~ F2P Extensions ~ Dragon Slayer improvements ~ New Player Experience

29-Sep-2023 10:58:19

Seasons Past

Seasons Past

[...]Looking at another thread since slayer level expansion. Hopefully,
dragon slayer gloves
from the Fist of Guthix rewards should lower the requirement from slayer
level 40 to 20
. One glove is pretty useless in P2P.
I think that’s a great idea. I would consider getting rid of the Slayer level requirement altogether. That would allow F2P players to potentially benefit from the gloves while earning Slayer xp if they are assigned a dragon task from Vannaka. I would also give the gloves hybrid tank gear stats - as they’re used in combat - possibly scaling with the wearer’s Defence level.

For other Fist of Guthix rewards, I would propose:
-Spikeshields and berserker shields - replace them with metal spikes. These could be applied to any smithed adamant, rune, orikalkum, necronium, or bane shield, boosting the tier of the shield and adding a Strength bonus. Adding spikes to a shield would have a Smithing requirement matching the tier of metal.
-Mage robes - similarly to spiked shields, these would be upgraded and magically charged versions of standard craftable Magic equipment, turning the base sets into power armour. Upgrading the base sets would have a Runecrafting requirement matching the tier of equipment.
-Runecrafting, herb-gathering, and Fishing gloves would have their requirements changed to match the corresponding runes, herbs, and fish.
Spirit of Forinthry ~ Runecrafting: Magic Armour ~ F2P Extensions ~ Dragon Slayer improvements ~ New Player Experience

29-Sep-2023 11:59:25

Seasons Past

Seasons Past

[...]I guess p2p will have orikalkum without degrading; we should get a new one, for example, impure orikalkum, which requires repair similar to higher-tier equipment for p2p. If that is not fair, then another option should change for P2P to have necronium equipment as a pure or super version that does not degrade.

Since we have corrupt dragon equipment, we need corrupt versions for range and magic equipment as well.
I don’t mind giving F2P orikalkum equipment at a fitting opportunity, even without it degrading. It’s tank armour, so it wouldn’t be much of a step up from rune.

While I prefer new equipment degrading to broken, rather than to dust, corrupt dragon equipment does serve a niche purpose as the glass cannon of F2P equipment. No other F2P armour is as strong or short-lived. I could get behind adding equivalents for Ranged and Magic to fill out the combat triangle.

29-Sep-2023 13:26:20

Seasons Past

Seasons Past

[...]Also,
chocolate and strawberry cheesecake
should be f2p. All ingredient are in F2P and needs partial completion of chef's assistant quest in order to make.
The special cheesecakes and their ingredients seem deliberately inconsistent. Vanilla and strawberry milk are F2P items–despite that they can only be churned into cream cheeses by members and come from an exclusively P2P source. Chocolatey milk is the only one that can be directly created by players - i.e. by adding chocolate dust (which is F2P) to regular milk - yet it’s a P2P item.
https://runescape.wiki/w/Strawberry_milk

I would suggest the following:
-Ability to grow vanilla (flower), cocoa pods (bush), and lemons (fruit tree) with the Farming skill
* Like chocolate bars, cocoa pods could be ground into chocolate dust
-Ability to create vanilla and strawberry milk by combining milk with vanilla or strawberries, respectively

With those adjustments, I’d be in favor of making the vanilla and chocolate cheesecakes F2P. While I’d rather not cut strawberries down from level 31 just for cheeses’ sake, vanilla and cocoa could potentially be grown within the (proposed) F2P limit of level 20 Farming. This would be consistent with the progression of cheesecakes in the Cooking skill, as vanilla and chocolate are the first two flavored cheesecakes. Original message details are unavailable.
Error on your part. Vannaka slayer master does not have slayer level locked. It is only combat level 30 which should be left as is.
Thanks for pointing that out. I edited Slayer Extension .

29-Sep-2023 13:43:35

Seasons Past

Seasons Past

Update 29/09/23

General
-Corrected inaccuracy regarding dragonfire shield variants

Suggestions
-Proposed introducing the dragon defender alongside Heroes’ Quest
-Proposed new orikalkum items
-Proposed introducing red dragonhide armour alongside the Wilderness Chaos Temple

In response to feedback:
-Added the spirit scorpion familiar to the proposed Summoning Extension
-Corrected inaccurate information about Vannaka the Slayer Master

29-Sep-2023 13:56:26 - Last edited on 17-Dec-2023 01:26:38 by Seasons Past

Balkj06

Balkj06

Posts: 240 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Heroes' Quest and the Heroes’ Guild. Should be F2p.

It's a sequel to Dragon Slayer, being in the Tutorial Area makes it a great goal for new players. It's about time F2p got a harder quest.

Farming - Can be kept members, it doesn't help the f2p game much.

Entrana - Support, the place is pretty dead on members. Needed for Heroes' Quest

Taverley Dungeon - The less Members things in the Tutorial Area the better. Full Support.

Summoning - Summoning is a combat skill, being the only one you can train to 5 feels weird.

Herblore - Herblore to 20, yes please. I support. Needed for Heroes' Quest

Hunter - Like farming, it won't help the f2p game much.

Minigame cleanup - Having Dead Minigames in the f2p world, is not good at all. I Support.

Player-owned Port - F2p can already enter the player owned ports. The Portal itself looks fine in Port Sarim.

Karamja - F2p could use that area, The fence is only their to separate f2p and members. Removing the fence will be nice. Support It's also need for Heroes' Quest I Support.

Queen Black Dragon - Can you even beat her with F2P equipment? I would keep her members.

Wizards’ Tower Refresh - Enough time as passed to make Rune Memories f2p. I Support.

Zanaris - I would keep the area itself members. But the Lost City quest itself should be f2p.

Slayer - It will make the early game combat, much more fun. I Support.

Champions’ Guild Renovation - Making May’s Quest Caravan part of the Champions’ Guild would clean up the area and make the Guild a better place to hang out in. I Support.

Crandor - I would love to go back to Crandor after Dragon Slayer, however this doesn't need to be in a f2p update.

Divination - Can be kept members, it doesn't help the f2p game much.

As for everything else just make The Chosen Commander F2P. Including Agility and Thieving as f2p skills train all the way to 99.

29-Sep-2023 14:18:19 - Last edited on 29-Sep-2023 14:21:47 by Balkj06

Seasons Past

Seasons Past

@Balkj06

Thanks for your support on most of these. For the ones you don’t agree with, a couple of comments/questions:

Farming
-While not all of the crops within the first 20 levels are very useful, herbs for example would be of interest.
-Following the point about herbs, I think Farming should be extended before Herblore. Farming is a gathering skill which produces resources for Herblore, an artisan skill. They’re companion skills.
-Another thing to consider is that the Enlightened Journey quest depends on growing a willow tree. This quest unlocks the balloon transport system, which F2P would benefit from, as three (four counting Entrana) of the six destinations are in F2P areas.

Hunter
-I agree; Hunter doesn’t have much to offer in the first 20 levels. In another thread, I proposed reworking some of the training methods and adding new rewards. The Hunter Extension would cover these improvements for the skill as a whole, so it wouldn’t just benefit F2P.
-Given that Het’s Oasis has Hunter content available at level 1, I also threw that in along with adding teak and acadia trees to the area, as those will need to be added for Woodcutting.
-As a standalone update, allowing F2P to reach level 20 wouldn’t be worthwhile. The skill needs mechanical improvements, especially at lower levels; therefore I would combine it with the other updates I mentioned.

Zanaris
-If Zanaris remains P2P, would you allow F2P players to enter the Cosmic Altar through the Abyss, or would you not allow free players to craft cosmic runes?

29-Sep-2023 20:16:11

Quick find code: 74-75-796-66289388 Back to Top