Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Permed Again
Jun Member 2022

Permed Again

Posts: 46 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The1Windsock said :
Hmmmm… How did *Osrs_G” turn into “suprahuman” who both started spamming this blog and your just showing why the GE should come back! <sighs>… this is sooo unproductive…

/s/

The1Windsock

I'd hate to have him leave the game. That'd be truly awful.

10-Jan-2015 20:17:08 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2015 20:18:05 by Permed Again

dreadiscool

dreadiscool

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Perhaps a system can be added in where finished products can be exchanged for experience based on the skill level and resources required to create it

This system does have the potential for abuse, with rich people buying up hundreds of thousands of items in order to level up fast.

There could be many "blocks" put in place to prevent this from happening

1) An EXP cap to how much experience you can gain from converting finished products to exp every day

2) You can only convert to EXP products that you've created yourself

There are probably more, but that's all I could come up with for now

10-Jan-2015 20:18:44

Diggydug1

Diggydug1

Posts: 4,603 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nabbed things to reply to.

N o z said :

Also, d defender! :D we're getting to 08's-09's now? :P what's left? HD Graphic of June 2008?

It'll probably be polled at some point.

Grand Wizard said :
No thanks.. People don't notice that the Grand Exchange will bring a lot of huge price changes. Skilling will become less profitable, which I concider bad for the economy.

Skilling will become unprofitable, at a point, particularly skills that require taking raw resources and creating a finished good. How people think that is economically acceptable is beyond me, especially when many of us have hopefully matured over the years.
The GE is very much painful to those who enjoy skilling and not just getting 99s.

FIRESlTE said :
People its time for a change! Yes this is "Old school Runescape" but that doesn't mean it has to stay exactly right where it is. Some changes can be made for the better of the game!

Some changes can also be made to the detriment of the game. How about explaining how some of these updates benefit the game, and not yourself?

Mork Mad said :

If you don't realise there's already TONS of clans crashing the market, you're blind. It wont get that much worse with the ge, and bots/goldfarmers are already crashing the market when they sell their stuff because they sell it so cheap that they undercut anyone else already...

As said previously, you're okay with expanding upon an issue instead of working to fix it?
Similarly it can be said that crime is bad in a town, and sure pulling more police off the force will lead to higher crime rates, but we have to save money somewhere.
It's much, much more difficult for a single group to gain a grasp of the current economy with how spread out it physically is. When it's completely centralized across all servers and done offline, they reign.

10-Jan-2015 20:20:08

Permed Again
Jun Member 2022

Permed Again

Posts: 46 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
dreadiscool said :
Perhaps a system can be added in where finished products can be exchanged for experience based on the skill level and resources required to create it

This system does have the potential for abuse, with rich people buying up hundreds of thousands of items in order to level up fast.

There could be many "blocks" put in place to prevent this from happening

1) An EXP cap to how much experience you can gain from converting finished products to exp every day

2) You can only convert to EXP products that you've created yourself

There are probably more, but that's all I could come up with for now

That is ridiculous. Not only the idea of adding it to the game, but wasting our time suggesting it is polled. It wouldn't hit 20%.

10-Jan-2015 20:20:36 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2015 20:20:51 by Permed Again

Diggydug1

Diggydug1

Posts: 4,603 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mork Mad said :
LAZINESS?? Jesus christ, are you serious???? It's nothing to do with being lazy, it's about grinding skills. I'm a skiller, I'm not supposed to use all of my free time to sell my stuff so i can afford skilling some more...

Yes, laziness. As a skiller you don't realize that this will inflate every single aspect relative to every single skill? Skilling will be less profitable down to the simplest of ways just selling logs or raw fish.
I'm a skiller too, part of it is knowing where and how to sell your product quickly. Typically, people used to set up a connection while they were skilling so they'd have someone ready to pay their product immediately. Try that

TheMoon Bear said :

When GE was just fresh the first time around I turned about 1m into 12m+ simply by buying 10 dragon boots every night and selling them the next morning. Everyone can make profit off of the GE you just need a simple mind.

You just illustrated one of the main issues with the GE. Thanks. I'm not sure if you understand economics, even in an environment where money is virtually infinite, not everyone is able to make a profit. How many people do you think lost money?

10-Jan-2015 20:20:50

Tree Village

Tree Village

Posts: 4,700 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Skeenage said :
Tree Village said :
Skeenage said :
Tree Village said :
Skeenage said :
The1Windsock said :
Ok,

Those of you who can't or will not "read" here's the point of bringing back the G E...

It is impossible to bring back something that never was. Grand Exchange was never in the original Old School Runescape servers !!

Stop calling it old school servers.

As you said you ment 2003- early 2007 or late not very sure anymore.

And yes there was never such a thing as old school servers back in the days.

When OLD SCHOOL Runescape was released, it did not have the grand exchange. Noob.

Of course it didn't have the Grand Exchange when old school started out! You are talking as if this old school server we are playing now was even back then! But you are saying that you ment the years before 2003-and late/early 2007. So i am quite confused O_o

OFC you are confused you are an idiot go play RS3

And you are saying i am the one not acting mature?
GE IS LOVE GE IS LIFE GE LOOKS VERY NICE

10-Jan-2015 20:21:48

The1Windsock

The1Windsock

Posts: 200 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Howdie to all for the last post... real life needs me... lol

One thing comes to mind about "buying" or using "cast off" items... alching ? I do understand some things are not worth the "cost" to alch but each to his/her own.

Anyway, may you all come together as people who care and love to play and have fun... We have seen the past... we really don't know the future... but since this is the "present" lets all open each day with some fun!

/s/

The1Windsock

10-Jan-2015 20:28:39

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top