Koopatrol

Posts: 1,099 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mork Mad said :
Koopatrol said :
Mork Mad said :
Koopatrol said :
Mork Mad said :
Bazel Train said :
Everyone that is excited about GE, please go play their original game.
Keep oldschool oldschool.

I quit if GE is implemented.

Ramon1244 said :
If GE comes i'm 100% sure i quit 07

Keep crying boys**** was actually added in late 2007, so how is it NOT oldschool? You can still use the normal trading system to keep your so called "Player interaction" which is non-existant. So feel free to quit.

There's more to it than that, no need to be a jerk. You want merchanting clans to form and manipulate the market? Cool. You want bots to just dump resources and make skilling hardly profitable? There's two reasons for you.

If you don't realise there's already TONS of clans crashing the market, you're blind. It wont get that much worse with the ge, and bots/goldfarmers are already crashing the market when they sell their stuff because they sell it so cheap that they undercut anyone else already...
Really? I haven't had much of a problem with trading. A little patience goes a long way. I have done herblore in a while, but it was nice actually profiting from it because I used my head (a combo of trading and collecting secondary resources that were easy to come by). To say that bots/merc* clans won't affect the prices much is ridiculous.
it took me 5 days to sell my gems from thieving. Now please tell me again how great this trading solution we currently have is....... And I actually sold below market price.
Not many people buy gems. There's better ways to train crafting such as dragonhides.

10-Jan-2015 17:55:54

Mork Mad

Mork Mad

Posts: 42 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ars Moriendi said :
[quote
Well, that's how people had to do it before GE (and obviously without trading post). Adding GE to old school will just add laziness to the game.
LAZINESS?? Jesus christ, are you serious???? It's nothing to do with being lazy, it's about grinding skills. I'm a skiller, I'm not supposed to use all of my free time to sell my stuff so i can afford skilling some more...

10-Jan-2015 17:58:24

Ars Moriendi
Oct Member 2022

Ars Moriendi

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mork Mad said :
Ars Moriendi said :
[quote
Well, that's how people had to do it before GE (and obviously without trading post). Adding GE to old school will just add laziness to the game.
LAZINESS?? Jesus christ, are you serious???? It's nothing to do with being lazy, it's about grinding skills. I'm a skiller, I'm not supposed to use all of my free time to sell my stuff so i can afford skilling some more...

Like Wild said above, gems don't sell fast by the looks of it. I'm talking about the game in general. If you're trying to grind, look at a guide, or make something that will grind the skill, while making quick profit (like bows or cowhide or something).

10-Jan-2015 18:01:19

Skeenage

Skeenage

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I will be voting NO on the grand exchange coming to Old School Runescape and will likely quit if it does, the reasons being;

-It defeats the purpose of OSRS, the grand exchange was not in OSRS. The only reason why OSRS was based on 2007 Runescape was because they did not have any earlier backups.

-People who want the grand exchange have been fine without it all of this time, and dont really care for the outcome too much but will vote yet anyways. Yet plenty of people will quit if this is put into the game.

-Player trading is a main part of the game and automating it to the extent of the grand exchange is too far.

-It is heading into the direction of RS3, people from RS3 are coming onto OSRS who didn't originally play with the grand exchange, so they like it and are used to it.

-This will introduce limits to trading, such as buying caps. A lot of people don't want to be limited in the way that they buy/sell.

-It changes merchanting. For all of the people that enjoy merchanting on OSRS, this will be replaced by a different version of merchanting, unknown to Old School.

-It is a step in the direction of more big changes to OSRS that change the dynamics of the game. Some additions are nice and a lot don't make too much of a difference if you don't want them to. This update will however and could eventually turn into the same scenario as late 2007 with the trading/wilderness/grand exchange updates that caused mass amounts of people to quit because they didn't like it.

I hope you think carefully before voting people, and I also hope there are many other unspoken voices like me on the forums who don't usually post, but will at least vote in game..

10-Jan-2015 18:01:47

Ab0 Ubaida
Mar Member 2024

Ab0 Ubaida

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
????????????????????????

The Grand Exchange also refers to the location of this trading system, which is an official marketplace northwest of Varrock city. It was released on 26 November 2007 and has since replaced the older marketplaces in Varrock and Falador cities. It is a popular place and usually crowded.

10-Jan-2015 18:03:59

Mork Mad

Mork Mad

Posts: 42 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ars Moriendi said :
Mork Mad said :
Ars Moriendi said :
[quote

Like Wild said above, gems don't sell fast by the looks of it. I'm talking about the game in general. If you're trying to grind, look at a guide, or make something that will grind the skill, while making quick profit (like bows or cowhide or something).
That doesn't matter, this was 1 out of 1000 trades. Anything more than 5 minutes to sell my items is unacceptable.

10-Jan-2015 18:06:59

Tree Village

Tree Village

Posts: 4,700 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1.There was never such a thing back then as "old school rs"
2.People like me who wants it are not fine with the current trading system and so many others.
3.Player trading will still exist with the G.E
4. RS3 Has nothing to do with the G.E
5. You didn't read the dev*log
6. A G.E does not mean free trade is going to be removed or the removal of wild. They worked on so many god damn updates for the wilderness in old school runescape do you think it's gonna be removed?

I Hope you think carefully before voting.
GE IS LOVE GE IS LIFE GE LOOKS VERY NICE

10-Jan-2015 18:08:31

Ab0 Ubaida
Mar Member 2024

Ab0 Ubaida

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Grand Exchange also refers to the location of this trading system, which is an official marketplace northwest of Varrock city. It was released on 26 November 2007 and has since replaced the older marketplaces in Varrock and Falador cities. It is a popular place and usually crowded.

10-Jan-2015 18:11:02

Koopatrol
Jan Member 2012

Koopatrol

Posts: 1,099 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mork Mad said :
Ars Moriendi said :
Mork Mad said :
Ars Moriendi said :
[quote

That doesn't matter, this was 1 out of 1000 trades. Anything more than 5 minutes to sell my items is unacceptable.
Then this probably isn't the game for you since you actually have to work for your skills... You clearly don't have any patience and are used to the instant gratification of the G.E.

10-Jan-2015 18:15:35

Bazel Train

Bazel Train

Posts: 21 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not sure if it is okay to say that on this forum, but there is already a GE, it's called zybez. It requires player to player interaction, which makes the game fun.

If you don't have the patience to actually trade your items with other people, well, i think that you shouldn't be playing the game then.

10-Jan-2015 18:20:38

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top