Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Mork Mad

Mork Mad

Posts: 42 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Koopatrol said :
Mork Mad said :
Bazel Train said :
Everyone that is excited about GE, please go play their original game.
Keep oldschool oldschool.

I quit if GE is implemented.

Ramon1244 said :
If GE comes i'm 100% sure i quit 07

Keep crying boys**** was actually added in late 2007, so how is it NOT oldschool? You can still use the normal trading system to keep your so called "Player interaction" which is non-existant. So feel free to quit.

There's more to it than that, no need to be a jerk. You want merchanting clans to form and manipulate the market? Cool. You want bots to just dump resources and make skilling hardly profitable? There's two reasons for you.

If you don't realise there's already TONS of clans crashing the market, you're blind. It wont get that much worse with the ge, and bots/goldfarmers are already crashing the market when they sell their stuff because they sell it so cheap that they undercut anyone else already...

10-Jan-2015 17:35:42

Bazel Train

Bazel Train

Posts: 21 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Koopatrol said :
Mork Mad said :
Bazel Train said :

Ramon1244 said :

Keep crying boys**** was actually added in late 2007, so how is it NOT oldschool? You can still use the normal trading system to keep your so called "Player interaction" which is non-existant. So feel free to quit.

There's more to it than that, no need to be a jerk. You want merchanting clans to form and manipulate the market? Cool. You want bots to just dump resources and make skilling hardly profitable? There's two reasons for you.

Thank you, i'm glad there is at least one person that actually sees what negative consequences this can have on the game.

10-Jan-2015 17:36:57

Koopatrol
Jan Member 2012

Koopatrol

Posts: 1,099 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mork Mad said :
Koopatrol said :
Mork Mad said :
Bazel Train said :

Ramon1244 said :

If you don't realise there's already TONS of clans crashing the market, you're blind. It wont get that much worse with the ge, and bots/goldfarmers are already crashing the market when they sell their stuff because they sell it so cheap that they undercut anyone else already...
Really? I haven't had much of a problem with trading. A little patience goes a long way. I have done herblore in a while, but it was nice actually profiting from it because I used my head (a combo of trading and collecting secondary resources that were easy to come by). To say that bots/merc* clans won't affect the prices much is ridiculous.

10-Jan-2015 17:41:33

Koopatrol
Jan Member 2012

Koopatrol

Posts: 1,099 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bazel Train said :
Koopatrol said :
Mork Mad said :
Bazel Train said :

Ramon1244 said :

Thank you, i'm glad there is at least one person that actually sees what negative consequences this can have on the game.
Check out the general forums for old school, lots of people have seen the light!

10-Jan-2015 17:42:10

Bazel Train

Bazel Train

Koopatrol said :
Bazel Train said :
Koopatrol said :
Mork Mad said :
Bazel Train said :

Ramon1244 said :

Check out the general forums for old school, lots of people have seen the light!

I'll go check it out, thanks man <3

10-Jan-2015 17:44:50

Awsomebob

Awsomebob

Posts: 69 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am voting for no G.E for a few reasons. Firstly, while there is price manipulation by clans currently, the G.E will make it easier and the impacts of clan manipulation more felt in the general economy. The limit of trades is a good idea but this will just encourage multiple accounts and more recruitment for these clans.
Second, prices of common items are going to drop which is empirically true. The cost of selling items (intangible cost of time, PMing, etc.) is going to drop which is going to make the price drop. This will cause slayer drops, barrows, bosses, and EVERY DROP RELATED ITEM's price to drop.
My final reason is the fact that the G.E led to RS3 being commoditized and really just sapped the soul out of the game. While this is not concrete rational, I feel that most people play this game for the nostalgia and the spirit of the game. I have received and given out many items for free to people just because I enjoy the spirit of the community, and this spirit would be taken out by the G.E.

If the G.E. does go in, it being in Falador would be a cool idea though.

10-Jan-2015 17:49:56

Ars Moriendi
Oct Member 2022

Ars Moriendi

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
why would you people want GE in old school

old school was made to simulate 2007scape (or at least RS before GE, HD graphics, and EoC), but with minor updates here and there. if GE is added, that's sort of defeating the purpose, and is just going to open a window for more advancing updates to ruin the game

10-Jan-2015 17:49:56 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2015 17:50:51 by Ars Moriendi

Bazel Train

Bazel Train

Ars Moriendi said :
why would you people want GE in old school

old school was made to simulate 2007scape (or at least RS before GE, HD graphics, and EoC), but with minor updates here and there. if GE is added, that's sort of defeating the purpose, and is just going to open a window for more advancing updates to ruin the game

Exactly.

If we don't stop this one from happening, history will repeat itself.

10-Jan-2015 17:51:51

Mork Mad

Mork Mad

Posts: 42 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Koopatrol said :
Mork Mad said :
Koopatrol said :
Mork Mad said :
Bazel Train said :

Ramon1244 said :

Really? I haven't had much of a problem with trading. A little patience goes a long way. I have done herblore in a while, but it was nice actually profiting from it because I used my head (a combo of trading and collecting secondary resources that were easy to come by). To say that bots/merc* clans won't affect the prices much is ridiculous.
it took me 5 days to sell my gems from thieving. Now please tell me again how great this trading solution we currently have is....... And I actually sold below market price.

10-Jan-2015 17:52:11

Ars Moriendi
Oct Member 2022

Ars Moriendi

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mork Mad said :
Koopatrol said :
Mork Mad said :
Koopatrol said :
Mork Mad said :
Bazel Train said :

Ramon1244 said :

it took me 5 days to sell my gems from thieving. Now please tell me again how great this trading solution we currently have is....... And I actually sold below market price.

Well, that's how people had to do it before GE (and obviously without trading post). Adding GE to old school will just add laziness to the game.

10-Jan-2015 17:55:17

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top