Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Permed Again
Jun Member 2022

Permed Again

Posts: 46 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes, many people opposing a GE being added would quit (by quit I mean maybe not log in for a day or two) if it were added. But what you need to remember, is players would return in masses over the coming months if it were to succeed. The returning players would immensely outnumber the few who actually quit.

So don't even bother threatening to quit if GE is added. You will be replaced ten fold.

10-Jan-2015 20:33:51 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2015 20:34:59 by Permed Again

Arva

Arva

Posts: 63 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think that the Grand Exchange should come back with a few changes.

1. If it does come back then it should have a different location, such as Falador or some other city that isn't so heavily populated with players.

2. It would be nice if there wasn't trading when a player is offline. So that way for people to actually sell items they would have to be online for it to go through.

3. Maybe it is just me but I don't think there should be a recommended price. When a player types in "Raw Lobster" it shouldn't say the price like "250gp" for example. Players should have to put in they price they want to buy them at and then the grand exchange would match up that buy offer to the nearest sell offer.

Just my input :P

10-Jan-2015 20:36:30

Diggydug1

Diggydug1

Posts: 4,603 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Permed Again said :
Yes, many people opposing a GE being added would quit (by quit I mean maybe not log in for a day or two) if it were added. But what you need to remember, is players would return in masses over the coming months if it were to succeed. The returning players would immensely outnumber the few who actually quit.

So don't even bother threatening to quit if GE is added. You will be replaced ten fold.

Your entire post is baseless.

10-Jan-2015 20:38:21

Osrs G

Osrs G

Posts: 338 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In short, the GE is the worst content update to ever hit Runescape because it devalues every aspect of the game and makes Runescape's endless expanse of content unappealing to ever get involved in other than the sake of raising that number to 99.

Having resources and items more difficult to come by encourages players to explore these branches of content themselves - not for the sake of a number, but because it actually means something on their journey.

Having everything spoon fed to you like some incompetent baby doesn't promote game play at all.

10-Jan-2015 20:39:00

Permed Again
Jun Member 2022

Permed Again

Arva said :

Just my input :P

1. varock did not polulate the GE - the GE populated varock.

2. that's your opinion, cool

3. no this just wouldn't work. a big issue with trading post is you go to sell an item, then facepalm and cancel out and go search the selling offers so you know what the general going-price is for the item. you then go BACK into the selling interface and list your offer. let's not make the same mistake twice. also, having an official price for an item comes with an epiphany of optional features and tweaks.

10-Jan-2015 20:42:57

Permed Again
Jun Member 2022

Permed Again

Diggydug1 said :
Permed Again said :

I am basing it off the percentage of my friends that do not play or have quit solely due to the trading situation.

I am basing it off the youtube comments and general attitude toward the game.

I am basing it off the average opinion in this forum thread.

My post is not baseless.

10-Jan-2015 20:44:21 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2015 20:44:34 by Permed Again

UtterTurmoil
Mar Member 2014

UtterTurmoil

Posts: 546 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When the idea for a new form of trading in 07 was previously introduced, I immediately voted no to any form of GE. I enjoyed 07scape in its original form, without any updates at all. However, as time passed, i notice that the community began to diminish. Player's began to lose their nostalgic feelings and once again moved away from the game. Jagex was kind enough to release updates such as Bounty Hunter, PVP worlds, Godwars, Wilderness Rejuvenation. The end result of these updates is the thriving community we have on 07scape.

I now understand that updates to 07scape are necessary for its survival, and can help build a stronger community.

One of the main reasons I, personally, no longer actively play 07scape, is the amount of time it takes me to find legitimate buyers/sellers of items. I spend close to 30 minutes buying even the most simple supplies and gear. Due to several real life commitments, I no longer have time to sit around with my auto-typer or hop from world to world only to find that someone has already sold their item to another buyer.

I believe that the GE would be a wonderful update to players who are in a similar situation. All bias aside, it is obvious that each side is passionate about their stance on the update, so the best course of action may be a compromise between both sides. I hope to see some sort of offline trading system put in place, or even the chance to trade items without having to hop worlds. Several others have suggested a "mailbox" system where the seller receives gold in a mailbox and the buyer will receive the item almost instantly, which may provide the solution to the needs of the community.

10-Jan-2015 21:09:25 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2015 21:10:53 by UtterTurmoil

Diggydug1

Diggydug1

Posts: 4,603 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Permed Again said :
Diggydug1 said :
Permed Again said :

I am basing it off the percentage of my friends that do not play or have quit solely due to the trading situation.

I am basing it off the youtube comments and general attitude toward the game.

I am basing it off the average opinion in this forum thread.

My post is not baseless.

So no numbers yet you provide one if they don't go through with the update. Makes sense.

Discuss the pros and cons of potential updates instead of saying, "If you do this then X will happen!" based off of personal experiences in comments with reputation for being silly.

10-Jan-2015 21:17:19

Alpha Trion

Alpha Trion

Posts: 2,483 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UtterTurmoil said :

One of the main reasons I, personally, no longer actively play 07scape, is the amount of time it takes me to find legitimate buyers/sellers of items. I spend close to 30 minutes buying even the most simple supplies and gear. Due to several real life commitments, I no longer have time to sit around with my auto-typer or hop from world to world only to find that someone has already sold their item to another buyer.

This is exactly why the grand exchange is needed.

Perhaps they could still add quests where you cannot buy the supplies you need, but must earn them for yourselves. Perhaps any quest items should have a severe trade restriction on them, so people can still make 'quests kits', and players still have to earn their own way for some content.

10-Jan-2015 21:18:15

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top