Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Mecob3
Jan Member 2024

Mecob3

Posts: 124 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'll also be quitting if GE is added. One of the big reasons I even joined OSRS is for the nostalgia of street trading. Say whatever you want, but adding GE would:
1.Leave every other bank in OSRS deserted
2.Destroy more nostalgia of veterens like myself (yes, I actually joined in 06)
I'm conclusion, there's no point in even adding OSRS of you're just going to turn it into Legacy wit old graphics.
NO TO GE!

10-Jan-2015 21:22:44

Tree Village

Tree Village

Posts: 4,700 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"So...

Why don't we offer a modified GE? Like the GE from RS3, but with a few changes, such as putting it in the Falador trading area instead of Varrock, or making it work just for online players, or making it use the existing Trading Post models so that it's available in every bank?

We certainly could. Quite easily, for some of those things. (The engine team tells us that an online-only requirement would be harder, but I imagine it could be done somehow.)

However, we get a heck of a lot of requests for "the GE".

Last time we ran a trading system poll, we offered you a lot of questions that - if they all passed - would have pretty much been a GE. Some passed, many did not, and thus we released a system that isn't the GE.

And since then, we still get a lot of demand for "the GE". Including in this thread. So I'm not convinced that it works very well when we cobble a system together out of multiple poll questions.

We've therefore started the blog with something that everyone understands, and we're planning to put it to a simple Yes/No vote. Without messing with it, or writing awkward exceptions to make it "more oldschool".

We tried something like that before for the GWD. While it passed, the proposed changes were generally not well received. Things like the idea for making dragon boots available without making rune boots redundant, or the balancing changes to the AGS. People knew how the GWD was, and they wanted that. Not some version that Ash and Nexus and Dan and Mat had been tweaking.

Nevertheless, a lot of the ideas people have had for tweaking the GE are good ideas, and I'd be very happy to see some of them done.

But I'd also hate to muck up the much-demanded GE poll by offering something that wasn't "the GE".

Quoting mod Ash.

Read this carefully guys.
GE IS LOVE GE IS LIFE GE LOOKS VERY NICE

10-Jan-2015 21:57:59

coffeecat24

coffeecat24

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm going to vote yes for Grand Exchange, It's a really good update and it's needed, I don't see the problem people have with it.

It would make buying and selling items so much easier why would you dislike that idea? because it's not nostalgic enough?
I think it would make the game more enjoyable for a lot of people myself included.

I also like the dragon defender idea, it should be a challenge to get it!

10-Jan-2015 22:18:34 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2015 22:28:48 by coffeecat24

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top