Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Bazel Train

Bazel Train

Posts: 21 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In short, the GE is the worst content update to ever hit Runescape because it devalues every aspect of the game and makes Runescape's endless expanse of content unappealing to ever get involved in other than the sake of raising that number to 99.

Having resources and items more difficult to come by encourages players to explore these branches of content themselves - not for the sake of a number, but because it actually means something on their journey.

Having everything spoon fed to you like some incompetent baby doesn't promote game play at all.

10-Jan-2015 22:35:00

Alpha Trion

Alpha Trion

Posts: 2,483 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bazel Train said :
I can't believe that some people playing OSRS actually think adding GE is a good idea... They lack motivation to explore the more hidden parts of OSRS gameplay.

Then perhaps they could only allow fairly common items to be bought/sold though the grand exchange, it is possible.

Stuff like Yew Logs, Lobsters, Dragon Bones, etc. could all be 'GE' tradable.

Whereas obscure items like quest items would remain at the trading post.

The GE would then be for only the very very most commonly found items. Perhaps a handful could be polled at a time.

Lobsters in the GE? YES/NO
Magic Logs in the GE? YES/NO

This would
NOT
have to be a long list, I'll repeat-it would just be the most commonly found resources. This would retain the flavor of osrs to find very strange items/and the ability to make money off obscure items (people who make quest kits for example).

I think quest kit makers are neat. With the Grand Exchange there would be no more of this. It was emergent gameplay that I found neat.

I'm just brainstorming solutions here...there are ways to compromise on several things.

10-Jan-2015 22:45:48 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2015 22:48:10 by Alpha Trion

Clifton 7

Clifton 7

Posts: 266 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Don't bring a g/e
, improve the trading post. I feel the fallback options for trading post are great. If g/e does pass I would like offline trading to be polled as well.

Dragon defender I don't mind, it brings new content and isn't that big of a change for combat.

The questions I would say
no
to:
Ava's device - This will allow for cheap range training with absolutely no risk or food usage e.g. at ogre cages. I wouldn't mind allowing it to work at zulrah however.

Don't adjust maple logs, there's no real need.. I can't see this being a huge problem except for new players possibly.

Varrock west bank shortcut - No. Don't ruin the old bank look. :s

NPC to note items for iron men - I'd rather not have an extra npc at a bunch of stores

10-Jan-2015 22:55:39 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2015 22:56:24 by Clifton 7

DBspec

DBspec

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NO NO NO**** ruins prices making it impossible to make money. Furthermore, the drop in prices makes rares not so rare, and takes away from the achievement of owning an item, not to mention makes the power somewhat dimmed since everyone owns one. The GE also causes increases in botting, and takes away from the smaller details of osrs. People will only focus on making money if the GE comes back instead of focusing on gameplay itself.

10-Jan-2015 22:57:01

Wacky Farmer
Jul Member 2007

Wacky Farmer

Posts: 21,926 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CoinShare

With the Grand Exchange in Old School we will have the ability to offer CoinShare, a system that automatically converts signature drops to their market value and offers the item on the Grand Exchange. We will look at polling CoinShare once we know whether or not the Grand Exchange will be coming to Old School.

============

this needs to work like runescape 3 does turn into shards does not add mass amount of rsg
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

10-Jan-2015 22:58:24 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2015 23:10:39 by Wacky Farmer

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top