Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Tree Village

Tree Village

Posts: 4,700 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1. G.E Came late 2007
2. I will not be fine without an automated trading system since i still have to deal with the problems i have now. but tweaking the trading post to less useless if G.E Does not pass can help
3. People still traded with each other after the G.E. Trade function will still be used in much more other events.
4. That makes not sense at all. You are saying that the G.E led to RS3.
5. Fair enough but no person should need to be able to buy 100000 whips. Limits are needed in order to make sure price manipulation will not happen.
6. You have no reason to give up on a game because of a trade update that will now not only benefit players but the game it self and for the future of it.
GE IS LOVE GE IS LIFE GE LOOKS VERY NICE

10-Jan-2015 19:04:11

Cosmiq

Cosmiq

Posts: 58 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Haha sad to see how many people want the GE. Shows that the true old community already quit ages ago, if the GE comes back there is no real reason calling it Old-school runescape anymore but just a watered down verison of pre-eoc. Discord: dyl4n#8620

10-Jan-2015 19:13:45

Gad Zook

Gad Zook

Posts: 1,883 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Guys there's gotta be more than 25% of us. Don't let them flamebait you, there won't be a GE here. But please, I urge you in addition to voting no on GE please vote no on question #2. It's only going to reinforce bankstanders who refuse to go anywhere. I don't want to be dragged to a bank every time I'm selling something, ironically by the people who complain about standing around the bank for hours instead of actually playing the game. Let them come out for some fresh air.

10-Jan-2015 19:14:03

Tree Village

Tree Village

Posts: 4,700 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
None of you people have a reason to quit over an update like this. Why would 1 leave everything. Over an update that can benefit you... save you from having to deal with the worst type of players in this game... (Scammers) Will save you time and make you play the games content more... An update that would make the game grow with players...

You must think for a moment to understand that old school runescape WILL be the last ever thing that will have the true old combat system... That's why you should be playing this game in the first place! Not to just think of... oh! how great was the good old days... when it was gone all long time ago. And even now... it's gone and will NEVER come back...

What is so fun about trading with others? Like i don't even get it... some of the times i get called a noob for not wanting to play the others rip off price. and i am saying to my self WTF Just happend?

The past is gone. The Future is what's next.
GE IS LOVE GE IS LIFE GE LOOKS VERY NICE

10-Jan-2015 19:15:02

TheMoon Bear

TheMoon Bear

Posts: 100 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bazel Train said :
Implementing GE will open a gate to merc* clans. Prices will go up and down even harder than before. People will be able to manipulate the economy.

The rich will get richer while the poor will get poorer.

When GE was just fresh the first time around I turned about 1m into 12m+ simply by buying 10 dragon boots every night and selling them the next morning. Everyone can make profit off of the GE you just need a simple mind.

10-Jan-2015 19:15:48

Dark Moon X5
Oct
fmod Member

Dark Moon X5

Forum Moderator Posts: 13,137 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gone and hidden some flame bait. Keep it civil mates! I know this is a heated topic but if you ever want to get a point across, screaming and insulting others pretty much breaks the camels back on that one.

Adding my two cents.

Don't add the GE in for pete sake. We already have the GE in on the regular servers, and the whole point of old school is to be different! This is a huge difference that I would like to stay that way! When the GE was introduced, it took lots of work that actually needed to be done in the game to obtain items away from the players.

This also lead to like, so much less interaction between users and lots more dead content seen as people would not have to utilize areas of the game they once had to use in order to make or obtain their goods.

Please don't bring back the GE in 07, it's not a good idea.

¸„‹•*°ˆ°*•›Dark‹•*°ˆ°*•›„¸
¸•ºˆº•¸····¸„‹•*°ˆ¨ƒ¨ˆ°*•›„¸···¸•ºˆº•¸
º›,¸¸¸„‹•*°ˆ°*•› Dark ‹•*°ˆ°*•›„¸¸¸,‹º
ˆ°*•›„¸¸¸,‹'°»,,¸¸¸ƒ¸¸¸,,«°'›„¸¸¸,‹•*°ˆ

10-Jan-2015 19:15:52

Skeenage

Skeenage

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mork Mad said :
Skeenage said :
Tree Village said :
1.There was never such a thing back then as "old school rs"
2.People like me who wants it are not fine with the current trading system and so many others.
3.Player trading will still exist with the G.E
4. RS3 Has nothing to do with the G.E
5. You didn't read the dev*log
6. A G.E does not mean free trade is going to be removed or the removal of wild. They worked on so many god damn updates for the wilderness in old school runescape do you think it's gonna be removed?

I Hope you think carefully before voting.

1 - When i refer to Old School Runescape, I am referring to the Runescape i used to love between 2003- late 2007 before the updates. It is now OSRS and therefore should be kept OLD SCHOOL.

2 - You are fine with it to the extent that you will STILL PLAY THE GAME, and have been. The trading post is a fair compromise. Many players will quit because the game has been changed to suit lazy players.

3 - Player trading will be made obsolete by automated/offline trading. People don't want to buy/sell because they want to 'play the game', but trading IS THE GAME. Of course the occasional trade will occur but most people will trade off the grand exchange, changing the game too much and making it too easy and boring and losing a lot of player interaction.

4 - RS3 became RS3 after the grand exchange updates, I have never played it and never will..

5 - I read the development blog. There will be limits on the amounts of items that can be traded and I think potentially others in the future if this goes ahead.

6 - I'm saying the grand exchange still leaves a bad taste in my mouth from when it was a part of the updates that I and many others believe ruined Runescape as we knew it.
About to blow your mind - GE WAS released in late 2007.

stop being a fool. I said:

2003-late 2007 before the updates.

10-Jan-2015 19:18:43

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top