Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Ars Moriendi
Oct Member 2022

Ars Moriendi

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mork Mad said :
About to blow your mind - GE WAS released in late 2007.

so? GE still affected the game drastically and it doesn't matter when it was released. even though it was released the game year the game is simulating, doesn't mean it has to be added.

10-Jan-2015 18:50:18

The contents of this message have been hidden

10-Jan-2015 18:51:57

Prod Plz

Prod Plz

Posts: 32 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
YES TO GE!
The 07 Economy isn't only controlled by merc* bots, but it is controlled by real life merchers who dictate the prices on literally every item. If I try and sell a bow string, I can only sell it for around 100 gp. When I try and buy one I am forced to buy it for 135 gp! It is ridiculous! These merchers are making billions while everyone else is forced to lose money on stats that were once profitable. The addition of the GE will let merc* clans make money but they usually buy items and make them spike for a week or two then they drop back down, and these items are usually strange items that the majority of people do not use on a daily basis, usually herblore ingredients.

10-Jan-2015 18:52:36

10-Jan-2015 18:53:31

The1Windsock

The1Windsock

Posts: 200 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Howdie Jagexians,

I certainly hope the GE passes since it was and should still be a part of old school.
I still think that the randoms should come back as they were originally as well... they are a part of the historical past and still help point out who/what is a bot/botter etc. for reporting purposes!

I understand that to bring back the GE will be a challenge at the very least! All those who bot/botters/gold farmers/ etc... will vote against it but they will try to abuse it as well <sad face>.
But, for those of us who truly love old school for what it was... is... and will be... I vote a resounding yes for the glory of the years of old... a truly fun time... especially for the mature players who where and still are here!
=)

/s/

The1Windsock

P.S. I know that
what appeared
as a lot of
"real people"
leaving was false as most where either bots/botters/gold farmers etc... but I had pledged to support this company for the
honor and integrity
and the
spirit of what’s best in humans.
Long live
The White Knights
of the world ! =)

10-Jan-2015 18:55:55

10-Jan-2015 18:57:12

10-Jan-2015 18:57:47

10-Jan-2015 19:02:04

Gad Zook

Gad Zook

Posts: 1,883 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The GE was part of old-school eh? You mean because it was released at the very end of 2007? You mean because we had 2 weeks to try it out before free trade was removed completely? That makes it part of old-school and not part of the plan that it was actually part of? From day 1 the GE and it's stupid price display started killing everything that was (now called old-school) about RS2. Noobs started offering up market price when they're trying to buy a single law rune, that was the first sign that the GE had been a very bad idea. I know that more than 25% of you gotta be not stupid enough to make that mistake again (again meaning now that it's up to us this time and not jagex). If you prove me wrong then I give up.

10-Jan-2015 19:03:55 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2015 19:07:46 by Gad Zook

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top