Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

MrsVarlamore
Feb Member 2022

MrsVarlamore

Posts: 43 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In short, the GE is the worst content update to ever hit Runescape because it devalues every aspect of the game and makes Runescape's endless expanse of content unappealing to ever get involved in other than the sake of raising that number to 99.

Having resources and items more difficult to come by encourages players to explore these branches of content themselves - not for the sake of a number, but because it actually means something on their journey.

Having everything spoon fed to you like some incompetent baby doesn't promote game play at all.

10-Jan-2015 20:02:07

MrsVarlamore
Feb Member 2022

MrsVarlamore

Posts: 43 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In short, the GE is the worst content update to ever hit Runescape because it devalues every aspect of the game and makes Runescape's endless expanse of content unappealing to ever get involved in other than the sake of raising that number to 99.

Having resources and items more difficult to come by encourages players to explore these branches of content themselves - not for the sake of a number, but because it actually means something on their journey.

Having everything spoon fed to you like some incompetent baby doesn't promote game play at all.

10-Jan-2015 20:02:52

Boog ie

Boog ie

Posts: 254 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Let's be honest here. The elite community and the people who knows how the game works, yes, they should vote no. The people who play casually are more prompted to vote yes for GE. This update ultimately mostly affect the living RSwiki's, sufficient accounts.

But, most people aren't living RSwikis. They play this game less "tactically", and a GE for them is a godsend.

Idk if my post is helpful in anyway, and I'm sure there are flaws, but that's just what I feel about this update. I'll probably vote yes, because my opinion is that this update will attract, and make sure more players stay on this game. Players who just skill casually.

10-Jan-2015 20:03:12

Osrs G

Osrs G

Posts: 338 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

10-Jan-2015 20:08:42

Florain

Florain

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AMAZING! Reading all these questions make me happy that you guys are paying attention to the minor and major details.

Grand Exchange
* think that bringing the Grand Exchange back will be good and more efficient for most people but having a "market price" or an "average price" does not work when an item is not supplied or is demanded too much. This leads us to the problem of 'price manipulation' which concerns me as it opens doors to merching clans and such; fluctuating prices for profit, thus bringing inconvenience to majority of players. What happens when this occurs? The economy will go to ****. Hard to get items will increase and increase in price while fewer people will have access to them. Then again, the trading post isn't all that reliable either :S

Dragon Defender
I think that having a separate basement with harder cyclopes makes it more challenging for players, which is good as they are going for a higher reward. I LIKE IT! However, the part about the key is a bit vague; do you keep the key forever or is it just for the length of time you stay there?

Bank space
200 sounds a bit much for free to play. I think 100 or 150 is more reasonable. I also think that being able to wear stuff from bank should be put in place, just makes it easier when gearing up :p . I LIKE the change!

Accumulator
As much as I want it to pick up arrows from anywhere, since it is a magnet it doesn't quite make sense for it to do that, therefore I would stick with it the way it is; if any change making it more reliable would be better. Closer to arrow = better chance of picking up.

RFD Gloves
Yesss! This should have been done long ago, but I'm glad that you guys are doing it now :D

Agility Shortcuts
To be honest I think people who train agility deserve to have it easier getting to places throughout RS by shortcuts.

Bank Deposit
Yes, why not :p

JAD
Brings more competition :D I like!

Good changes!

10-Jan-2015 20:10:57

dreadiscool

dreadiscool

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Skilling will become unprofitable eventually - by not releasing the Grand Exchange, you're only slowing down the process.

The reason is that raw materials are quickly consumed, and finished goods are dropped on the market. These finished goods have to go somewhere. Nobody wants to purchase hundreds of thousands of steel longswords - what ends up happening is that people continue to purchase raw material to level up, and dump their low quality items onto the market in order to recover what profit they made.

The real solution to this scenario isn't to prevent the adding of the Grand Exchange - it's to create a sink in the game where these finished products can be exchanged for cash, or some other commodity, so that the market value of these items don't drop.

10-Jan-2015 20:16:03

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top