Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Osrs G

Osrs G

Posts: 338 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Skeenage said :
Tree Village said :
1.There was never such a thing back then as "old school rs"
2.People like me who wants it are not fine with the current trading system and so many others.
3.Player trading will still exist with the G.E
4. RS3 Has nothing to do with the G.E
5. You didn't read the dev*log
6. A G.E does not mean free trade is going to be removed or the removal of wild. They worked on so many god damn updates for the wilderness in old school runescape do you think it's gonna be removed?

I Hope you think carefully before voting.

1 - When i refer to Old School Runescape, I am referring to the Runescape i used to love between 2003-late 2007 before the updates. It is now OSRS and therefore should be kept OLD SCHOOL.

2 - You are fine with it to the extent that you will STILL PLAY THE GAME, and have been. The trading post is a fair compromise. Many players will quit because the game has been changed to suit lazy players.

3 - Player trading will be made obsolete by automated/offline trading. People don't want to buy/sell because they want to 'play the game', but trading IS THE GAME. Of course the occasional trade will occur but most people will trade off the grand exchange, changing the game too much and making it too easy and boring and losing a lot of player interaction.

4 - RS3 became RS3 after the grand exchange updates, I have never played it and never will..

5 - I read the development blog. There will be limits on the amounts of items that can be traded and I think potentially others in the future if this goes ahead.

6 - I'm saying the grand exchange still leaves a bad taste in my mouth from when it was a part of the updates that I and many others believe ruined Runescape as we knew it.

10\10 would read again, this explains it all

10-Jan-2015 19:43:06 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2015 19:43:53 by Osrs G

Osrs G

Osrs G

No way. If you bring GE then you will ruin this game and your solid customer base. It's too risky for you as well Jagex. If people want GE, then go play RS3. It's one of the main distinctions between the two games. Also, Slaystars are a noob clan that just like spamming. #Asvp says no to Grand Exchange!!

10-Jan-2015 19:46:51

Osrs G

Osrs G

Lol looks like I canceled my membership just in time.

Had some fun on OSRS with mates and enjoyed the old school vibes the last 6 or 7 months.

Played just enough just before they ruin the game again LMAO. Peace out sucka's

10-Jan-2015 19:47:19

Tree Village

Tree Village

Posts: 4,700 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Skeenage said :
Tree Village said :
Skeenage said :
Tree Village said :
Yet G.E Was in late 2007?

You said 2003-late 2007. Before the updates. that means 2003-late 2007 with the G.E that was in late 2007. And after that all of the updates where just bad for you.

stop trying to mix my words you know what i mean !! I retract what I said and i change it to... I PREFERRED RUNESCAPE IN 2006 !! Since 2006 Runescape isn't available, I think trading should be how it was before the updates in 2007! So as early 2007 as possible!!

You have now only said Early 2007. But before you said late. And G.E IS late 2007.

Make up your mind.

I have and I have decided i DO NOT want

1) Grand Exchange

2) Automated Trading

3) Offline Trading

Stop acting immature.

I Am acting mature. I am not calling you names and such... Alright fair enough each to there own opinion but i have stated in many cases here why the G.E Is needed and by others players. Think carefully before you vote. Like you said.
GE IS LOVE GE IS LIFE GE LOOKS VERY NICE

10-Jan-2015 19:48:17

Tree Village

Tree Village

Posts: 4,700 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Skeenage said :
The1Windsock said :
Ok,

Those of you who can't or will not "read" here's the point of bringing back the G E...

It is impossible to bring back something that never was. Grand Exchange was never in the original Old School Runescape servers !!

Stop calling it old school servers.

As you said you ment 2003- early 2007 or late not very sure anymore.

And yes there was never such a thing as old school servers back in the days.
GE IS LOVE GE IS LIFE GE LOOKS VERY NICE

10-Jan-2015 19:50:12

Spectrolled

Spectrolled

Posts: 195 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Should we introduce the Grand Exchange?
Yes
Should we add a basement to the Warriors' guild containing a bigger cyclops that has a chance of dropping dragon defenders?
Yes, and since theyre "bigger", they should have other rare drops too!
Should we increase the number of available bank slots for both free-to-play and members by 200?
Yes
Should we make messages from players that you add to your ignore list disappear?
Yes
Should we allow Ava's devices to retrieve ammo regardless of where it landed? Currently they cannot collect ammo from anywhere you cannot directly walk to.
Yes, nothing like a free arrow!
Should filtering public chat also filter chat seen over other players' heads?
Yes that'd be very helpful!
Should we append the names of the Recipe for Disaster gloves to include the level they represent? For example, rune gloves.
Yes might aswell!
Should we adjust the inventory appearance of maple logs and staffs to prevent them being confused with yew logs and battlestaffs in trade screens?
Yes!
Should we remove the unnecessary dialogue when entering or leaving Sophanem for those who are allowed to use the gate?
Yes!
Should we change Trouble Brewing to only require 1 player on each crew to start a game?
Dont care!
Should we add a right-click option to slayer masters to get an assignment?
Yes
Should we open the north side of Varrock west bank to provide access to the agility shortcut?
Yes
Should we add NPC* that unnote items for 5gp per item near certain general stores?
Yes
Should a deposit-all button be added to bank deposit boxes?
Yes
Should we add a timer to the fight cave to tell you how long it took you to get from wave 1 to killing TzTok-Jad?
Yes
Should we add a fee of 50k to the priestess who collects your dropped items at Zulrah? She will also be made to show what items of yours she is holding and offer you the chance to discard them if you do not want to pay.
No

YES to dragon defender and GE!

10-Jan-2015 19:50:51 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2015 19:51:59 by Spectrolled

Osrs G

Osrs G

I can't believe were even having this discussion, there should be NO grand exchange. Face to face trading makes the game more interpersonal and, in my opinion, is one of the things that makes this game so unique. Add the ability to make a "buy" offer on the trading post and call it a day. Should the GE be added it would be a disappointing (second) end to my time on runescape.

10-Jan-2015 19:50:59 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2015 19:51:08 by Osrs G

Osrs G

Osrs G

In short, the GE is the worst content update to ever hit Runescape because it devalues every aspect of the game and makes Runescape's endless expanse of content unappealing to ever get involved in other than the sake of raising that number to 99.

Having resources and items more difficult to come by encourages players to explore these branches of content themselves - not for the sake of a number, but because it actually means something on their journey.

Having everything spoon fed to you like some incompetent baby doesn't promote game play at all.

10-Jan-2015 19:52:06

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top