Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Tewi
Nov Member 2023

Tewi

Posts: 142 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If skills are to go up to 120, exp rates will have to be as high as Dungeoneering, or at least 500k/h. That would mean 200 hours to 120 (100M xp), not that much considering the xp rates of Agility and Divination.

17-Oct-2013 17:15:48

Black Redox

Black Redox

Posts: 245 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord G Rahl said :
Black Redox said :
Lord G Rahl said :
If skills go beyond 99, I will quit. Those asking for skills to go to 120 and with content, but saying prestige can cause unhealthy game play? Prestige is not forced because there is no in game advantages, yet 120 skills would force people to train to 120 for the advantage, encouraging unhealthy game play.

I will quit though if the suggestion for 120 skills happens that gives in game advantage. I have no desire to train skills to 100mil exp, and with prestige, only dungeon would have over 100 mil in the skill. All

People will always quit when a new idea shows up, new 120 levels will open a new window for ingame content. both options encourage unhealthy gameplay, the best is 120 levels because they can actually add new bosses, minigames, more world events for the game.

New bosses and minigames? What about the unused bosses and minigames that already exist?

120 levels that provide in game advantages, I want nothing to do with those, and such a update will discourage new players from playing runescape meaning it will kill the game faster then it may already be dying. Who wants to think about having to get 120 to have the best advantage when doing something that requires that skill? Not I.

I'mt not saying that there should be a minigame for level 1 herblore that gives 500k xp per hour or something OP, just something well designed for level 102 herblore which gives good xp rates just like dungeoneering, come on you are getting everithing wrong your no better than those guys who claims to know everything about prestige and doesn't even understand the switch on/off of this update.

The bosses eventually someday will become worthless because they don't drop level 99 weapons/armour.

17-Oct-2013 17:16:16

Izuku_MHA

Izuku_MHA

Posts: 93 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mgd126 said :
Izuku_MHA said :
You guys should have made a video showing how this would have worked lots of people still don't understand how it would have worked i voted yes by the way. Actually you guys should still make a video to show how it would work cause i think this would be good for the game more resources being used helping out the economy plus its optional so i don't have a problem with it.

Hmm voting yes and you don't fully understand it? sounds a bit off to me =/

Also I going to have to disagree with some of your reasoning. Sure, resources would rise in price but that will hinder the average player from obtaining some of the more expensive skills. This will make these skills more restricted to richer players.

Sorry i am not good at explaining myself sometimes. I understand what they are trying to do i wanted a video for those people that might need a visual explanation of how prestige works. As for the resources being restricted to richer players that wouldn't be mostly all resources can be obtained through skills, also it would put the resource prices more to how they were before the bots practically took over the game.

17-Oct-2013 17:18:30

Rohiit
Jul Member 2023

Rohiit

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
King Bibbler said :
Rohiit said :
Tentacles said :
Voted yes because I do not want to see 120s released, not ever

Voted "yes" cause of same reason.

Adamantly agree with all the points presented in Lord G Rahl's post.

for those saying it will open up new content for them..... no 120 skills would not... primarily because unless you are a top 15 hiscores player with the ~2.8B xp required, you would be very unlikely to ever reach all 120's. Plus if your sub 1B don't even pretend you would have a shot at all 120's because it takes people with only half 2.8B 10+ years to get there.
(120+ would be only for 16 hour per day dudes, and everyone else would get the shaft and be forever condemned to not be endgame)

Prestige however is impractical, it is vanity only, therefore while I don't support either, I find prestige to be the far lesser of two evils.

Voted "yes" so hopefully Jagex never considers 120 skills all skills. (that said, NEW skills DESIGNED to be at 120 rather than old skills designed to be at 99 that were just recapped; like dg for instance are fair game. Also I am not opposed to 104m xp milestone capes. Just don't raise old 99 skills to 120 for numerous reasons that have already been stated scattered throughout this thread)

17-Oct-2013 17:21:58

Lord G Rahl

Lord G Rahl

Posts: 8,001 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Black Redox said :

I'mt not saying that there should be a minigame for level 1 herblore that gives 500k xp per hour or something OP, just something well designed for level 102 herblore which gives good xp rates just like dungeoneering, come on you are getting everithing wrong your no better than those guys who claims to know everything about prestige and doesn't even understand the switch on/off of this update.

The bosses eventually someday will become worthless because they don't drop level 99 weapons/armour.

I am not 120 dungeoning yet, and getting that 80 mil exp is a daunting for 120 dungeoning is something I look at and think wow, that much to go yet. Doing that for every skill would turn me off from runescape.

When I first started Runescape, I never considered getting 99 in every skill. And only after playing for 8 years did I get 99 in every skill. While I realize exp rates are faster now, I would find a different game to play rather then go for 120 in every skill.

17-Oct-2013 17:23:46

War tortoise
Sep Member 2011

War tortoise

Posts: 9,487 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Voted no because the blog said exclusive titles/emotes/cosmetics from doing this system.

Been here since 2007 with this account and longer with a few other accs...

But my point is I do not want to be missing out on more emotes! (or pets BTW)

Thx to the seasonal high scores theres a temp emote that lasts only 2.5 weeks and a cosmetic that downgrades once you're no longer number 1...

I collect emotes/pets and a few other things and SoF + this would prevent me from doing so even more.

Only need 3 more Solomon emotes, and 2 pets from him, then I can work on ingame pets again if I have time.
Lost Woods numba 1, (NOT EE, Those scrubs are liars ;p)

*~War Tortoise

17-Oct-2013 17:23:59

Bored One

Bored One

Posts: 8,288 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I voted yes because the Prestige System would have motivated me to train my 99's again. The moment I hit a 99, I stop that skill...
¸„»°'´`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Bored One `'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´`'°«„¸
¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸¸„»°'´ Proud General of Libra `'°«„¸¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸

17-Oct-2013 17:24:47

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top