Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Jamzi

Jamzi

Posts: 2,354 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
LOL. Seems a lot of people need to go back to school and learn to read, or get glasses. Over and over they have explained that this prestige thing is voluntary.

If there are people out there that want to reset to level 1 in a skill and level up to 99 and rinse and repeat, so be it, who am I to prevent them from doing that?

As long as there are no other "rewards" involved besides rankings, I am all for it.

17-Oct-2013 17:30:25

John of Troy

John of Troy

Posts: 121 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I appreciate that Jagex provided the poll that most people, including me, were asking for. I am afraid that this time I have voted 'no'.

Jagex has refused to raise the skills to level 120 in the past because "it promotes unhealthy game-play." However, creating a system that will encourage people to exponentially increase the time they devote to playing Runescape is going to foster that behavior. If some people train skills to get 200m xp, which has no additional rewards other than hi-score recognition and a certain sense of completion, imagine how many people would strive to get the variety of in-game rewards that would be accompanied with this prestige system. I've even heard of people talking about a "prestieged trimmed completionist cape." Something like that would no longer represent accomplishment, but complete insanity, and this insanity would be the new standard of respect. It is only natural for people to work towards a sense of completion.

It is wiser to devote your time to developing new content to add into the game for those veterans to play. Grandmaster quests, new lore, and even more defying bosses will always be hugely appreciated by the community. Another interesting idea that was discussed was the ability to re-play quests. That I support.

17-Oct-2013 17:35:47

Jimbosbattle
Dec Member 2020

Jimbosbattle

Posts: 693 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What they hell? Seriously? Let's make this game even more complicated for no reason. Prestige that you can turn on and off? Honestly, that's like telling me I can either wear nice armor or not wear nice armor. Geeh, I think I'll have Prestige turned off all the time and wear nice armor. Why make this game unnecessarily complicated?

This game is losing it's initial appeal. It had simple objectives. It had simple game play. It wasn't some stupid "Vogue-Scape" game where the majority of the updates were "cosmetic overrides" that were meaningless other than dilute the true value of earning armor or weapons that meant something. C'mon what the hell are you thinking of?

If you want to give hi levels a challenge just increase the skills to allow people to level up to 120. People won't like it. But, guess what? I'm sure they didn't enjoy leveling to 99 either! But, that's what made those skillcapes so special. It was hard to do. It was a grind.

As for the same players staying at the top of the high score charts with 200m exp... Why not just allow the scores to keep increasing? The one with the highest score is at the top.

17-Oct-2013 17:38:03 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 17:40:03 by Jimbosbattle

Z03
Feb Member 2021

Z03

Posts: 85 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
One thing that I see people complaining about that makes no sense to me is that lower level players will have to pay more for their resources to train their skills. While this may be true, that also means that new players will be making more money when they train gathering skills or camp out and just simply collect resources without exp.

Another point I must make is what some people are saying about grinding a skill for an in game advantage. If that is all that any skill ever was, then why do so many people grind a skill to level 99 when you reach all of the practical benefits millions of exp prior? Herblore, fire making and cooking are just a few that come to mind.

I think that if you are going to complain about this making your current HS standing diminish, then you must be a hypocrite. If you are really worried about your standing on the HS because you trained to be on the HS table, then this system would just give you the opportunity to climb even higher. As was mentioned many times before, you are not required to use the prestige system if it were to somehow, at this point, get a passing vote. I'll also say this again event though it is another obvious fact hat some people seem to still ignore, is that you can at any point decide that you want, or need, your skill to be higher than what it is, then you can turn of prestige for any amount of time before turning it back on to get back to training it.

All in all, I see this as nothing but a good idea. The HS table will remain competitive for those who wish to use it as a competitive thing, allows players to show off their favorite skills with special cosmetics for those who like them, and most importantly IMO is that it would help with the economy. I'm just afraid that a lot of players who would appreciate this update won't vote or let their voice be herd, and that this may end up being the vocal minority that wins. Such is life.

I voted yes.

17-Oct-2013 17:40:13

Eithrali
Jun Member 2023

Eithrali

Posts: 93 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have voted yes. While I am not at those levels in any skill yet, and is not a skiller anyway, I feel that since it is something every player choose, then the alternative should be there for those that choose it. And I have seen quite a few players who are maxed, and positive to it.
I am, however, quite curious as to what other ideas JaGex might have!

17-Oct-2013 17:41:11

Kowboy_Bebop
Aug Member 2013

Kowboy_Bebop

Posts: 870 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I Voted No . I wish you would reconsider a few details and take the time to read my reasoning for voting no.

First off I would like to say I am in fact in favor of a Prestige system. I believe It would be a wonderful addition to runescape. But as it currently stands I am not infavor entirely.

I understand the thinking behind Prestige is that it would not change actual gameplay.-it is a choice of the player whether or not to Prestige. It is for people who wish to continue beyond the preset "goals" of the game. Possibly reinvigorating High-end players who have nothing better to do. I do not agree Highscores should be superseded by a Prestige ranking. I believe Prestige should be its own entity. Not a supplement or remedy to a broken Highscores. If you wish to fix highscores then fix highscores. Make it a weekly\monthly\yearly highscore rating in a skill or overall gain. The current highscores is nothing more than a documentation of who reached 200mil first. What does this sound like? A Hall of Fame if you ask me. Why not impliment this? Commemorate these hard working players who dedicated hours\days\years of their life.

Lastly I would like to talk about the rewards of Prestige. I am to understand that titles, cosmetic costumes, and emotes are the rewards for Prestigeing. I would think this obviously talks about skill capes. When I think of a Prestigious reward for grinding out a skill, let's say slayer, I think adding elaboration to the skillcape for the more time you invest into the Prestige system.

An Example (for slayer) would be adding a skull with differnt weapons through it. Different designs the slayer cape icon entirely. Be it a whip spiraling behind a slayer skull or what have you. An another example would be unlocking a new skill cape emote. Using the Slayer skill once again as an example, Our emote for higher prestige instead of jumping on a Turoth could be us being teleported by abby demons or putting on a spikey helm for wallbeasts

17-Oct-2013 17:42:31

Jamzi

Jamzi

Posts: 2,354 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
if all those so called high levels want a challenge, why not make a world where there are no gravestones possible. No money pouch, no safe spots, etc etc........ prayer is not allowed, potions are not allowed....... that will make a challenge.

17-Oct-2013 17:44:04

Agonistes

Agonistes

Posts: 116 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think a lot of people are voting no because they do not understand the Prestige system.

Therefore, the poll seems a bit invalid.

I care not one way nor the other, but I voted yes because I'd rather have content to try, rather than not implement it at all.

17-Oct-2013 17:44:43

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top