Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Fox Totem
Dec Member 2023

Fox Totem

Posts: 1,896 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I voted yes. I have no interest in participating but others do.
Something should be done about fixing hiscores and this is an idea that can be improved upon or tweaked before implementing. QPers, PKers, even skillers all have theirs. This will give the extreme XPers something too.

More quests please!!!!
The point of the journey is not to arrive.

17-Oct-2013 16:35:46

Mr RobinHood

Mr RobinHood

Posts: 2,615 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Veldmar said :
Thanks for letting us vote on this. I voted "no" because this would be a nightmare for completionists.

as they already said it would not be a requirement :( another misunderstood NO
\\ \\ \\_________|`›¸ ............Sir.RôbiñHôôd ......... ¸‹´|_______// // //
// // //¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|¸‹´ ......200 Mîll Räñgé XP ....... `›¸|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\\ \\ \\

17-Oct-2013 16:37:41

Vanagloria

Vanagloria

Posts: 198 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In response to a few comments, I would be open to the idea of increasing the level cap to 120 in lieu of a prestige system. That may perhaps be a more favorable option, although I would not be surprised if a massive uprising against the idea arose, once seriously considered.

17-Oct-2013 16:39:00 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 16:40:10 by Vanagloria

Lord G Rahl

Lord G Rahl

Posts: 8,001 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If skills go beyond 99, I will quit. Those asking for skills to go to 120 and with content, but saying prestige can cause unhealthy game play? Prestige is not forced because there is no in game advantages, yet 120 skills would force people to train to 120 for the advantage, encouraging unhealthy game play.

I won't quit because of a cosmetic cape with stars showing how much exp you have in a skill. I don't care because I don't wear my skill capes. I put on my ardy cape 4, most of the time. This though would also cause unhealth game play because of people feeling the need to get such stars on their capes.

I won't quit if jagex show that 30 mil is equal to lvl x and 50 is equal to level y, as long as x and y do not give advantage to somebody who has 99 in a skill. Again, this would encourage unhealth game play because people would need to have lvl x or lvl y.

And uncapping the 200m cap? That is the biggest encouragement of unhealth game play. Zezima would have to play 48 hour straight to make sure suomi does not pass his rank and suomi would have to play 72 hours straight to repass Zezima and make sure Zezima does not pass him.

And if you are addicted to gaming and feel prestige feeds that addiction, most likely you play more the runescape and prestige will only replace one of the other games you spend time playing. Then again, you might fish or wc while playing those other games, as some skills take less attention to do.

I voted yes, because I like the idea of prestiging at least one and thought it might take me 3 years to max again, it would be less time then I spent maxing the first time because exp and training skills is faster and I get to use items I never had the first time I maxed.

I will quit though if the suggestion for 120 skills happens that gives in game advantage. I have no desire to train skills to 100mil exp, and with prestige, only dungeon would have over 100 mil in the skill. All of my other skills would still be well below 100 mil.

17-Oct-2013 16:40:57

Mud
Aug Member 2020

Mud

Posts: 11,459 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think its so stupid how over 75% of people have to want it.. so even if like 70% of people want it, the clear majority it wont be released? Should have been the other way round 75% of people to vote no.

17-Oct-2013 16:41:24

Mgd126

Mgd126

Posts: 646 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Izuku_MHA said :
You guys should have made a video showing how this would have worked lots of people still don't understand how it would have worked i voted yes by the way. Actually you guys should still make a video to show how it would work cause i think this would be good for the game more resources being used helping out the economy plus its optional so i don't have a problem with it.

Hmm voting yes and you don't fully understand it? sounds a bit off to me =/

Also I going to have to disagree with some of your reasoning. Sure, resources would rise in price but that will hinder the average player from obtaining some of the more expensive skills. This will make these skills more restricted to richer players.

17-Oct-2013 16:42:38

Lord G Rahl

Lord G Rahl

Posts: 8,001 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
HonkyWrath said :
Jellyman Fin said :
Mod Crow said :
Alexander V said :
Many thanks for the opportunity to allow us to vote. I voted 'no' simply because I have invested so much of my time already into this game, and don't have the time to do it all over again.

The aim of Prestige was to make it entirely optional as to whether you choose to do it again and also give you the option to just 'switch back' to your stats if you got tired of re-levelling them. You wouldn't have been forced into doing it or locked into training again if you chose to do so.

This is why i voted YES. it is optional, why are people complaining? no progress is lost. such a shame, i was so excited for this.

Skill capes have devalued enough without the community trashing you for not being 3 prestige or whatever, they're just spit balling ideas that investors are pressuring them on to elongate expiration of a gamers time keeping an account, which is fine and all, but a no vote is simply asking them to come up with a better idea to do so, and like it says a no doesn't mean they are scrapping the concept, it just means they will review it more

People wear skill capes in game? Most capes I see nowadays are max, completionist, fire cape 2 or cosmetic capes. How can a person be trashed if they don't even wear the skill cape?

17-Oct-2013 16:43:30

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top