Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Mr RobinHood

Mr RobinHood

Posts: 2,615 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Compromise: How about before any player prestiges once, the XP they prestiged at is reflected on the back of their cape ---
so if somebody has 200 mill XP in a skill it will be reflected on their skill cape.

Say somebody was level 99 with 13 mill XP and prestiged immediately after they hit 13mill ---- Then 13 mill would be reflectd on their skill cape + how many stars for how many times they prestiged
\\ \\ \\_________|`›¸ ............Sir.RôbiñHôôd ......... ¸‹´|_______// // //
// // //¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|¸‹´ ......200 Mîll Räñgé XP ....... `›¸|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\\ \\ \\

17-Oct-2013 16:45:53

Yt-Haar
Nov Member 2023

Yt-Haar

Posts: 1,749 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Alexander V said :
Pristeige would also be hugely unfair to the majority of players who have not yet maxed their skill(s). The prices of items would inflate hugely (this has already happened to some) and this would penalise the average player from achieving their goals as skills would become more expensive to train.

While seemingly a good idea to stimulate the economy, it really is benefiting higher/maxed players at the expensive of your average RS player.

^
_/
Summit
|
Proud winners of
Skilling Clan Cup 2015 & 2019
|
Trimmed Completionist

17-Oct-2013 16:47:10

Luke91

Luke91

Posts: 4,667 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
People against 120 skills with the level raised I understand, but those against giving 120 capes @ 104m experience WITHOUT raising the level cap from 99 are just plain strange.

What harm does it do to the game to reward those who have gone to such experience totals with a little cosmetic trophy to show they are committed.

The usual argument is it makes players feel compelled to achieve 104m xp in each skill rather than just 99. Jagex have used this argument, but I'd question the human who feels the need to go to such extremes, their problems aren't because the game has an option to achieve mastery capes they are deeper mental issues that help should be sought to combat.

17-Oct-2013 16:48:22

Lord G Rahl

Lord G Rahl

Posts: 8,001 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mgd126 said :
Izuku_MHA said :
You guys should have made a video showing how this would have worked lots of people still don't understand how it would have worked i voted yes by the way. Actually you guys should still make a video to show how it would work cause i think this would be good for the game more resources being used helping out the economy plus its optional so i don't have a problem with it.

Hmm voting yes and you don't fully understand it? sounds a bit off to me =/

Also I going to have to disagree with some of your reasoning. Sure, resources would rise in price but that will hinder the average player from obtaining some of the more expensive skills. This will make these skills more restricted to richer players.

You mine ores to train smithing, you kill dragons to train crafting and prayer, you woodcut to train firemaking and fletching, and train slayer to train summoning and herblore.

Also, have such things like manage my kingdom that requires a quest or 2 depending on what resources you are after, and that provides lots of resources to train skills.

Higher priced resources helps players who saw resource prices drop because of bots. It does not effect players that gather their own resources and only effects players that bought resources provided by bots to train their skills.

17-Oct-2013 16:48:37

SLAYDEVIL120
Apr Member 2023

SLAYDEVIL120

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I voted yes because this would bring a new challange to the game and it would be fun to do a skills over again and see the levels rising.

I already see that it probably won't come out due the poll.

Maybe an other idea is to bring all lvs to 120? This would bring a new challange to the game. and the best players keep their stats.

Slaydevil99

17-Oct-2013 16:50:07

Vanagloria

Vanagloria

Posts: 198 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord G Rahl said :
If skills go beyond 99, I will quit.
Those asking for skills to go to 120 and with content, but saying prestige can cause unhealthy game play? Prestige is not forced because there is no in game advantages, yet 120 skills would force people to train to 120for the advantage,
encouraging unhealthy game play

I won't quit because of a cosmetic cape with stars showing how much exp you have in a skill. I don't care because I don't wear my skill capes. I put on my ardy cape 4, most of the time.
This though would also cause unhealth game play
because of people feeling the need to get such stars on their capes.

Again, this would encourage unhealth game play
because people would need to have lvl x or lvl y.

And uncapping the 200m cap? That is the biggest encouragement of unhealth game play
. Zezima would have to play 48 hour straight...

And if you are addicted to gaming and feel prestige feeds that addiction, most likely you play more the runescape and prestige will only replace one of the other games you spend time playing. Then again, you might fish or wc while playing those other games, as some skills take less attention to do.

I will quit though if the suggestion for 120 skills happens that gives in game advantage.
I have no desire to train skills to 100mil exp, and with prestige, only dungeon would have over 100 mil in the skill. All

Vanagloria said :
In response to a few comments, I would be open to the idea of increasing the level cap to 120 in lieu of a prestige system. That may perhaps be a more favorable option, although I would not be surprised if a massive uprising against the idea arose, once seriously considered.

It appears as though I was correct.

17-Oct-2013 16:50:37 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 16:53:37 by Vanagloria

Tamal

Tamal

Posts: 437 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Reading through these posts it becomes very apparent that most players have not understood Prestige.

Here are the primary complaints:

Hiscores expands into Prestige hiscores and traditional hiscores
The 0.1% of players who have engaged in an e-peenor comparison race don't want to see their "accomplishments undervalued". Nothing has changed, you were still in the first X to reach 200M XP in X. No one can take that away from you. We'll just have another hiscores that won't be so stagnant. If you're upset because perhaps less people will worship you in the future because they won't see your name at the top of one of the hiscores... I am sad for you.

I feel compelled to finish all content/it's unhealthy
With the release of time-limited items, holiday items, SoF items, we've long moved past the point where you could complete and collect everything . This is a good thing. It means RuneScape is growing larger and larger. If you still feel compelled to spend so much time chasing pixels that your health is compromised, get off your butt and take some personal responsibility. Jagex isn't responsible for your health, you are .

I want content going to 120
Expanding skills to 120 would require years and years of development and rebalancing work. Prestige is not a replacement for developing new content, but a rather immediate way to revive existing content.

17-Oct-2013 16:52:46 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 16:55:42 by Tamal

Belgee Riose

Belgee Riose

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i like the idea of extending skills to 120. if u like a prestige-like approach why not make getting a certain number of 99 be prerequisite for training skills to 120, u could adopt a tier-like system to train beyond to 150 etc. i think it is the idea of loosing all the xp & starting off as a noob over & over that is turning ppl against this prestige thing.

... thats my 2 cents worth anyway

17-Oct-2013 16:53:54

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top