Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Lord G Rahl

Lord G Rahl

Posts: 8,001 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lil Rachel K said :
I voted "No" because I would much rather see new content added to each skill than an endless race of old content.

You must of missed the update to woodcutting, fletching, firemaking, and range?

The elder trees and crystal trees? you have new content there for wc in both trees, and the elder logs can be fletched into bows for range or used for firemaking.

18-Oct-2013 08:53:42

GundamArashi
Jun Member 2011

GundamArashi

Posts: 271 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I voted "no" because of the xp gaps that would be implemented in the system as it currently is. I would rather see it changed to smaller gaps. I do like the overall idea however. Fight for the future, fight to change the world!

18-Oct-2013 09:25:38

Red Silk Vow
Aug Member 2023

Red Silk Vow

Posts: 1,553 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lil Rachel K said :
I voted "No" because I would much rather see new content added to each skill than an endless race of old content.

Why are you people so infuriatingly obtuse?

This is one situation where you can have BOTH.

God forbid we create new content that also happens to use up old content
AND
create more reason to DO said old content.

It's a win win.

Instead people would rather go "No, I don't like that. I just want to eat the cake, forget whether or not I own it."

18-Oct-2013 09:28:23

Lion King

Lion King

Posts: 10,746 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I voted no because I think the game has already seen too many fundamental updates past year. I think we're not up to a new one yet. We need to accept the current changes before we're up to new ones. Try again in a year or two.
Rawr

18-Oct-2013 09:31:17 - Last edited on 18-Oct-2013 09:32:31 by Lion King

Jaro

Jaro

Posts: 16,501 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Crow said :
Alexander V said :
Many thanks for the opportunity to allow us to vote. I voted 'no' simply because I have invested so much of my time already into this game, and don't have the time to do it all over again.

The aim of Prestige was to make it entirely optional as to whether you choose to do it again and also give you the option to just 'switch back' to your stats if you got tired of re-levelling them. You wouldn't have been forced into doing it or locked into training again if you chose to do so.

it was never about being forced into something but about being forced "out of something by making the prestige highscores the main highscores and ignoring people's hard work

But it's good to see a poll that allows us to vote on this and hope to see more in the future before content is developed,same as they do for RS07

18-Oct-2013 09:50:52

Egke

Egke

Posts: 202 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Red Silk Vow said :
Egke said :

-snip

-snip

Egke said :

I just said that my over exp feels like it's going to "waste" since it doesn't matter if I reset with 13.1m exp or 200m exp.

It *DOES* matter. Try looking at the last picture in the blog again. Really intently. Go ahead. Then get back to me. There's people who are 1500 total levels apart in two instances, one has less exp but is higher ranked because of prestige, the other is only two slots down from the person 1400 levels higher than him but is only ~30m exp off. And since the next person behind him isn't prestiged at all a
[/quote]

You still misunderstood my post and my points, but meh, whatever. Im too lazy to start arguing about that again.

I agree on one thing tho. It sucks that you can't get past those players that have 200m exp. I love the prestige idea and resetting skills, but I just don't like the way they're implementing it and it needs tweaking imo. That's why I voted no. Nuff said.

18-Oct-2013 09:59:00

Ohrty
Sep Member 2011

Ohrty

Posts: 648 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NO
to 120

YES
to Prestige and
YES
to Gold SINK for SWITCHING (1m(?) per switch to 99)

YES
TO REVOTE (ONLY PLAYERS 6+ YEARS PLAYING TIME CAN VOTE)

BRING BACK 2003-2007 RUNESCAPE AND THE ECONOMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My account was made in Feb of '05

18-Oct-2013 10:05:21

Ohrty
Sep Member 2011

Ohrty

Posts: 648 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NO
to 120

YES
to Prestige and
YES
to Gold SINK for SWITCHING (1m(?) per switch to 99)

YES
TO REVOTE (ONLY PLAYERS 6+ YEARS PLAYING TIME CAN VOTE)

BRING BACK 2003-2007 RUNESCAPE AND THE ECONOMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My account was made in Feb of '05

18-Oct-2013 10:05:46

hanyo

hanyo

Posts: 7,057 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Alexander V said :

I fear that the Prestige system would encourage (whether intentional or not) unhealthy and excessive gameplay. Perhaps a better solution would be to increase levels to 120 and add new content to the existing skills instead of just encouraging players to accumulate unreasonable amounts of experience with the same content again and again.

I voted no and agree with this.

I still think it would promote more unhealthy gameplay but it's better than prestige.

18-Oct-2013 10:30:43 - Last edited on 18-Oct-2013 10:43:44 by hanyo

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top