Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

dxthelb
Sep Member 2006

dxthelb

Posts: 2,632 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I did vote "YES" ..but my thoughts are,

The Prestige System should be carried over to cover Quests as well,

The reason is I had pretty much completed all quests before the Evolution of Combat arrived which meant i missed out on doing alot of the quests I would've liked to try under the EOC/RS3. ..I do hope you consider Quests in an idea like this in the future please!

18-Oct-2013 10:34:35

Lysium
Jul Member 2012

Lysium

Posts: 4,703 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's funny that the poll is about: if the majority is against it, we won't let it pass.

Majority here is: 25% of the people voting 'no', lol
Since 75% must vote 'yes' to make it into the game.
Owner of Ellie, Shrimpy & KBD pet! :D

18-Oct-2013 11:15:14

More Larss

More Larss

Posts: 351 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Crow said :

The aim of Prestige was to make it entirely optional as to whether you choose to do it again and also give you the option to just 'switch back' to your stats if you got tired of re-levelling them. You wouldn't have been forced into doing it or locked into training again if you chose to do so.

I've seen this mentioned so many times, I think most people understand this - at least now.

What you don't seem to understand, as a team, is that Runescape is (for the top players) a competitive game. I know for a fact that people that go for rank doesn't care about cosmetics (besides partyhats which really isn't a cosmetic item, but an investment) nor graphics and such. They care about experience, and they care about having an end game goal.

Increase that goal, instead of making it infinitely long. I think the magic 200m experience cap should be untouched. Make some content that you have to reach 200m to unlock, or something. That unlocked content can be sort of an extension to the skill.

Without the top players, there will obviously be new top players eventually, people will always be fighting for the top spots, with or without a prestige-like system. But can you, as a company, afford to take the consequences of such a game changing update? That's up for you to decide, and not the community.

Just throwing in my two cents here.

18-Oct-2013 12:14:01

More Larss

More Larss

Posts: 351 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lysium said :
It's funny that the poll is about: if the majority is against it, we won't let it pass.

Majority here is: 25% of the people voting 'no', lol
Since 75% must vote 'yes' to make it into the game.

This is how it should be done as well. The chance of people getting upset because the suggested update won't be implemented into the game is far less than people getting upset because it is implemented into the game.

18-Oct-2013 12:16:28

Veni

Veni

Posts: 109 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was initially against this but ended up voting yes.

It is not something that would interest me but it's free content that doesn't really impact those that don't want to use it. Those worrying about the current highscores losing value I think have failed to understand that the original highscores will still exist.

If people want to keep re-setting they should have the option, just as we all have the option to not. I think people want to "complete" the game, but the numbers of those who will ever achieve 200M xp in all skills is so small it's pointless to really worry about it.

18-Oct-2013 13:36:10

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top