Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

JDHellraiser
Aug Member 2023

JDHellraiser

Posts: 85 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
After reading many posts claiming that prestige is flawed and has no place in the game, I can clearly see the point they are trying to make. I support the removal of the current high scores as they are flawed and have no place in the game.

18-Oct-2013 07:43:17

Fuzztrain

Fuzztrain

Posts: 24 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
this is a pointless update what is the point of prestige there no benefit for you. Jagex you say it to make the high scores far but iv your gonna do this at least when you prestige like example iv you reset a gathering skill you get faster rates so when you cut a yew tree at level 60 5 prestige it really fast another example is a combat skill strength at like level 99 3 prestige you have the power of 396 strength something like that one more example is when you have like 5 prestige 99 prayer you have 5940 prayer points i am just saying there got to be a point of prestige because i am not gonna sit here and prestige my skill iv i get nothing out of it.

18-Oct-2013 07:47:00

Battle Popit

Battle Popit

Posts: 165 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
one of the arguments against this is higher prices. One player wrote:

On top of that, because the high leveled players are being forced back to the low resources, new players are put at an unfair disadvantage. Normal logs will rise in price because they are once again needed for fletch and fm.

you must realize that this goes both ways. If normal logs did rise in price, then they would be a good source of income for lower leveled players. That goes for all the tiers of resources.
I think that this might help spread out some of the wealth. Billions currently sit in the bank with nothing to spend the gp's on.
This update really has very little negative impact, if you think about it. There are an equal number of positives for every negative and most would hardly see an impact on their gameplay.

18-Oct-2013 07:47:25

Red Silk Vow
Aug Member 2023

Red Silk Vow

Posts: 1,553 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Egke said :

-snip

So, should you be able to keep wearing qp capes and comp capes when new content comes out? I mean, you think things should be grandfathered in instead of doing a bit of effort. And before you cry
But they did effort to get their 13.1/200m!
, why yes, they did. And they have a hiscore that will never disappear or rank that'll never change. They might even have mentions all over fansites that they were the first person to do X and Y.

That doesn't go away when Prestige would come out. In fact, it doesn't even go away once you start Prestiging. If you bother reading some of the pictures very inently, there's people who are ~1500 total levels LOWER than the next person AFTER them on the made up scoreboard, and they have LESS experience, but because it's sorted by prestige, they're higher. Just ask for the option to sort by total exp, bam, your problem is solved, your tears may now be uncried.

And how exactly will it be the "old" hiscores? Not everyone is going to prestige, especially people who just sit there and boss 24/7, and a lot of the naysayers have indicated they don't give a single damn about 95% of the content in the game so why would they ever go back and touch that nasty copper or crayfish or guam potion again?

Egke said :

I just said that my over exp feels like it's going to "waste" since it doesn't matter if I reset with 13.1m exp or 200m exp.

It *DOES* matter. Try looking at the last picture in the blog again. Really intently. Go ahead. Then get back to me. There's people who are 1500 total levels apart in two instances, one has less exp but is higher ranked because of prestige, the other is only two slots down from the person 1400 levels higher than him but is only ~30m exp off. And since the next person behind him isn't prestiged at all and is only 13m less...

Why golly gee, it doesn't LOOK wasted.

18-Oct-2013 07:57:29

Red Silk Vow
Aug Member 2023

Red Silk Vow

Posts: 1,553 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Battle Popit said :
one of the arguments against this is higher prices. One player wrote:

On top of that, because the high leveled players are being forced back to the low resources, new players are put at an unfair disadvantage. Normal logs will rise in price because they are once again needed for fletch and fm.

you must realize that this goes both ways. If normal logs did rise in price, then they would be a good source of income for lower leveled players. That goes for all the tiers of resources.
I think that this might help spread out some of the wealth. Billions currently sit in the bank with nothing to spend the gp's on.
This update really has very little negative impact, if you think about it. There are an equal number of positives for every negative and most would hardly see an impact on their gameplay.

Not to mention, I don't think new players can access every single copper mine we can. Like say, Abandoned Mine, or Neitiznot/Jatizso, or the Grand Tree.

18-Oct-2013 08:01:13

Argetlam
Oct Member 2021

Argetlam

Posts: 83 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Im sorry to say this but those who said no are "idiots" for one this prestige system makes it more enjoyable for those to reach 200mill exp, I think the main reason people say no to new ideas and updates, is because they are afraid and are unwilling to accept change, and its sad. My opinion is that YOU DONT HAVE TO PRESTIGE!!!!! ITS A CHOICE, so making everyone else suffer because peple don't understand this system update is really sad, and I apologize mods for the use of language but I had to say it, I think you all are doing an amazing job**** is way better than it used to be. please continue to make rs the best you possibly can make it.

18-Oct-2013 08:34:20

Ohrty
Sep Member 2011

Ohrty

Posts: 648 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NO
to 120

YES
to Prestige and
YES
to Gold SINK for SWITCHING (1m(?) per switch to 99)

YES
TO REVOTE (ONLY PLAYERS 6+ YEARS PLAYING TIME CAN VOTE)

BRING BACK 2003-2007 RUNESCAPE AND THE ECONOMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My account was made in Feb of '05

18-Oct-2013 08:42:46

Lord G Rahl

Lord G Rahl

Posts: 8,001 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It is not fair that I got 99 rc before runespan came out and if I had waited to train rc for when runespan came out, I would not have to get 26 mil exp to obtain a completionist trim cape, as one of the requirements is Rank 1 esteem in Runespan or basically getting 99 while training rc in runespan.

Therefore, like the players asking for exp over 13 mil to go toward the next prestige level, I demand that the rank 1 esteem that I would have gotten if I waited for runespan to train rc, instead of training it before runespan existed.

18-Oct-2013 08:46:06

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top