Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Spyro4you

Spyro4you

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The prestige system itself is OK, the way of throwing it in is NOT ok..
I dont mind "redoing" my skills over and over 50% of the speed. But there's no benefits what so ever...

What's wrong with prestige gear, or get some sort of "upgrade" slots on current gear, with 1 slot for every prestige you do.

At this moment the prestige system is useless...

I'd love to see this idea back in the future on runescape.***, but better panned out.

Kindly regards.

17-Oct-2013 17:02:00

King Bibbler
Jan Member 2016

King Bibbler

Posts: 1,409 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rohiit said :
Tentacles said :
Voted yes because I do not want to see 120s released, not ever

Voted "yes" cause of same reason.

Adamantly agree with all the points presented in Lord G Rahl's post.

for those saying it will open up new content for them..... no 120 skills would not... primarily because unless you are a top 15 hiscores player with the ~2.8B xp required, you would be very unlikely to ever reach all 120's. Plus if your sub 1B don't even pretend you would have a shot at all 120's because it takes people with only half 2.8B 10+ years to get there. (120+ would be only for 16 hour per day dudes, and everyone else would get the shaft and be forever condemned to not be endgame)

Prestige however is impractical, it is vanity only, therefore while I don't support either, I find prestige to be the far lesser of two evils.

Voted "yes" so hopefully Jagex never considers 120 skills all skills. (that said, NEW skills DESIGNED to be at 120 rather than old skills designed to be at 99 that were just recapped; like dg for instance are fair game. Also I am not opposed to 104m xp milestone capes. Just don't raise old 99 skills to 120 for numerous reasons that have already been stated scattered throughout this thread)

17-Oct-2013 17:02:42

Slow Light
Nov Member 2023

Slow Light

Posts: 821 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lotuspod said :

Yay lets hurry to 99 and max, and then play the same 1% of content over and over to get on some 200m hiscores board that measures nothing except your willingness to spam the same single fastest exp method over and over.

Gonna be left with nothing except some extremely high levels/exp and nobody new playing hardly, doesn't take a genius to see this coming.

17-Oct-2013 17:03:41 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 17:04:35 by Slow Light

Lord G Rahl

Lord G Rahl

Posts: 8,001 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Black Redox said :
Lord G Rahl said :
If skills go beyond 99, I will quit. Those asking for skills to go to 120 and with content, but saying prestige can cause unhealthy game play? Prestige is not forced because there is no in game advantages, yet 120 skills would force people to train to 120 for the advantage, encouraging unhealthy game play.

I will quit though if the suggestion for 120 skills happens that gives in game advantage. I have no desire to train skills to 100mil exp, and with prestige, only dungeon would have over 100 mil in the skill. All

People will always quit when a new idea shows up, new 120 levels will open a new window for ingame content. both options encourage unhealthy gameplay, the best is 120 levels because they can actually add new bosses, minigames, more world events for the game.

New bosses and minigames? What about the unused bosses and minigames that already exist?

I did not quit when runespan came and devalued my 99 I achieved without runespan, or when many of the other updates happened that devalued my 99s because it was easier to gain exp in skills after those updates.

Heck, I am 99 summoning and bought the imp from dungeoneering just so I could have him sit in my bank with the option to use him if I go charm collecting.

120 levels that provide in game advantages, I want nothing to do with those, and such a update will discourage new players from playing runescape meaning it will kill the game faster then it may already be dying. Who wants to think about having to get 120 to have the best advantage when doing something that requires that skill? Not I.

17-Oct-2013 17:06:25

Black Redox

Black Redox

Posts: 245 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How can actually work 120 levels?

Unnerf icefiends
Unnerf Dharok (Barrows equipment)
Unnerf waterbirth daganoths
Unnerf hit chances
Unnerf equipment
Unnerf Bosses
Unnerd Wilderness Warbands
Fix Summoning

The original EoC just after it's release and those updates that came after that before the "Nerfing" Phase. there are a lot of things that were nerfed because they were OP for the actual skill cap, but if everything comes back 120 system will run smoothly. (with obviously new ingame content)

17-Oct-2013 17:09:21

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top