Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

99FISHORDIE

99FISHORDIE

Posts: 156 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Prestige IS mandatory if it gets implemented: Once you hit 99 you will HAVE TO reset that skill and start all over again TO MAKE ANY PROGRESS on your character.

Saying using prestige is a choice is like saying getting the best weapon for your level is a choice, or saying its a choice whether u want to fish rocktails or shrimps at level 95 fishing.

It is not a choice, because you always want to make progress when that is possible.

17-Oct-2013 13:17:22 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 13:21:03 by 99FISHORDIE

JackScape
Dec Member 2023

JackScape

Posts: 1,376 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
99FISHORDIE said :
I don't even see how they need a poll to understand that the majority of runescape players do not want this.

It's like checking your work on a math problem. Even if you think you know the answer, it never hurts to clarify.

17-Oct-2013 13:18:25

Papa1
Feb Member 2006

Papa1

Posts: 625 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
why not just raise the max experience from 200 million to 1 billion. that way if a person who is maxed isn't replaced by someone with far less experience by a person who started over. jim fullhart

17-Oct-2013 13:21:41

A Good Bake
Jul Member 2016

A Good Bake

Posts: 187 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd much rather see the effort spent on developing more content for skills at high levels. There's been a lot of great stuff released recently for skills like woodcutting but many are still lacking good 90+ content. Even if the decision is never made to increase the levels to 120, there's still plenty to add for those higher levels. Implementing a system that encourages players to just redo everything rather than give them more to work for at 99-120 just makes it easier for Jagex to say "well we solved that problem of high level content so there's no reason for us to release any new real content". So I voted no.

17-Oct-2013 13:21:58

99FISHORDIE

99FISHORDIE

Posts: 156 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Papa1 said :
why not just raise the max experience from 200 million to 1 billion. that way if a person who is maxed isn't replaced by someone with far less experience by a person who started over.

I agree, why not just fix it this way? Or even have unlimited experience (no cap)?

17-Oct-2013 13:23:11

aSp
Jun Member 2022

aSp

Posts: 8,062 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for the chance to vote.
Credit to the Team for hearing the call from the community...it was a big call to allow this - must give credit where it is due.

Weekly Hi Scores (all skills individually and total)
Monthly Hi scores
Yearly Hi Scores
'Pretend' skills go to 120...for 'rewards' (smoking skill capes?!?!)
Prestige at 200 mill...able to use all training methods from lvl 1

Hi Scores by...people who started their account same month/year as me
Regional Hi Scores

So many cool ways to play with the masses of data already available, without creating new data to do it.

17-Oct-2013 13:25:09 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 13:25:59 by aSp

F r o s t

F r o s t

Posts: 441 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm very happy they made a poll about this. They really should do that more often on bigger updates. Most people arn't even really competitive, don't care about cosmetics, titles and whatever more.

If people really wanted to no life skills they can go to 200m exp. I really doubt after that you ever want to do that skill again..
For me 99 was already more then enough. And ofcourse I still do new content even though it doesn't really matter. Cause it's fun. It ain't any fun for me to train against cows again and chop trees with my bronze axe all over again. =/

No one can beat guys like suomi anyway. buying spins, no lifing every second you have free time. There is no 'real' competition. Also even a good place in hiscores isn't rewarding at all. not even a title or a extra stripe on your cape, nothing.

competition on hiscores was gone when they released buying tickets for squeel of fortune. If there would be a poll about buying price spins I swear 90% would say no

17-Oct-2013 13:25:55

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top