Local Moderation - thePurpose?

Quick find code: 278-279-307-66178705

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 8,998 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CM Arbor said :
To those worried about moderator experience with the game, as Nick said,
FMods are FMods
with their own varying levels of experience in-game, and they all work together to make calls if, by some circumstance, they're unsure of a specific case due to lacking experience with game content. I'm sure those instances do happen, but the FMods are caring, smart folks with a ton of experience under their belts, and they always try to do their best on any given call, whatever it might be.
Hey,
CM Arbor
. Thanks for once again clarifying the recent comments about
Forum Moderators
^_^ .

04-Sep-2020 17:45:43

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

CM Arbor said :
I say this because in my case, I had to apply for the position internally, and several questions on the application were about Runescape experience. It was even mandatory for me to provide my main account's RSN, so that Jagex could confirm my experience. Sure, there might be problems basing perceived experience on account specifics, but it's also a way to ensure that you're still active in the game, at the very least, and I'm sure there was a bunch of extra vetting on Jagex's end that I'm not even aware of. Personally, I've been playing for over 15 years, and here I am, working with the community for the game that's been a constant in my life more than any other. :)
And WOW! That's a lot of experience!

04-Sep-2020 17:46:57

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,168 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Mrs Ana

Please realize this thread starts out with questions on the role of the Lmods, and forum moderation is just a part of it. You can't just say one RSOF user (who is not even the OP) thinks Lmods should have a lot of experience playing Runescape's game to be a FMod, then all Lmods should have a lot of experience playing the games despite of their great experience in video gaming. Please note that there are plenty of responsibilities and requirements for any jobs. Extensive industry experience handling different communities of players with different gaming psychologies quite often are very desirable for CM appliants.

Let me also remind you CM is subjected to the FMR procedure too. Jmods, regardless they have experience playing Jagex's games are the final judges. I believe CM Nick already articulated that part, there should never been any issues regarding the Jagex gaming experience of a CM/Fmod because of the FMR proecedure always renders their decisions not final.

04-Sep-2020 17:59:59

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Aeroxmaster said :
1.) Local Moderation was introduced to deal with FMR and receive JMod backgrounds. However, this never came to fruition and I do not see why Jagex have not resolved this many years ago.
I'm still intrigued to find out whatever happened to this. I do recall from the threads that I have quoted before that the people responsible were on vacation, but we never heard back. I'm also fully aware that CMs may not be capable of finding out the true answer to this, but it'd still be nice to know about its current status.

Personally, I have enjoyed having CM Nick around considering the fact that he's the only one left from the original batch. CM Arbor has been doing a tremendous job as well. These two individuals deserve the Golden Touch and if they had this, I'm sure that FMR would be checked daily as I see CM Nick all the time.

Please, the powers that be, allow CM Nick and CM Arbor to have their much-awaited J-Mod accounts. It has been almost two years since their introduction so we may all agree that they have proven themselves worthy of the crown.

04-Sep-2020 18:29:24

CM Arbor

CM Arbor

Local Moderator Posts: 1,945 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@ Mrs Ana: Thanks for the kind words! We're just trying to do our best for you guys!

With respect to the JMod accounts/gold borders for the CM team, Nick talked about what we know about this in a much earlier post:
CM Nick said :

I know the most recent answer we've received is that it has to do with security and technical restrictions on Jagex's end, but unfortunately we're not really privy to the nitty-gritty details of the situation regarding our JMod accounts. However, I can confirm that as of earlier this year, Jagex still very much intends for this to happen. Again, this is a question only Jagex themselves can answer in detail.

Therefore, from what we know, the plans are still in the fabled pipeline, but we're not sure when they'll come to fruition on the other end. In any case, our jobs would probably be about the same, though the "golden touch" would indeed help a bit with adding a dash of gravitas to our posts. Still, I quite like the purple, personally. :P

05-Sep-2020 17:36:47

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CM Arbor said :
Therefore, from what we know, the plans are still in the fabled pipeline, but we're not sure when they'll come to fruition on the other end.

Ah, you're discovering the fabled Jagex definition of "soon".
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

05-Sep-2020 19:01:46

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Posts: 27,892 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I too love the purple outline, Arbor.
I've been seeing it so much over the years that I'd be saddened to see it gone! Please Jagex, halt the conversion from LM to JM! :D

...moar purple!
Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

05-Sep-2020 19:04:34

Mr Brushie

Mr Brushie

Posts: 1,161 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Archaeox said :
CM Arbor said :
Therefore, from what we know, the plans are still in the fabled pipeline, but we're not sure when they'll come to fruition on the other end.

So "earlier in the year", say April, and you just go "eh whatever".

I imagine they were told to shut up and stop asking on pain of termination.

05-Sep-2020 22:23:48

CM Nick

CM Nick

Local Moderator Posts: 9,140 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mr Brushie said :
Archaeox said :
CM Arbor said :

So "earlier in the year", say April, and you just go "eh whatever".

I imagine they were told to shut up and stop asking on pain of termination.

Nope, this is 100% not the case.

However, if one submits a request for information about something like this and is met with a "we're still working on it," it does absolutely 0 good to push that further. If Jagex had information for us about this after this, we'd know about it, as we're in contact with them every day.

At no point were we told not to press the issue, and we ESPECIALLY were not threatened with termination or anything of the sort!

Please don't post assumptions and guesses about what happens with us and our contract with Jagex behind the scenes here, as it's at best misleading and incorrect, and at worst can get baseless rumours flying around.
Community Manager for Jagex

| Forum Help | Account Security |

06-Sep-2020 18:55:38 - Last edited on 06-Sep-2020 19:08:21 by CM Nick

Quick find code: 278-279-307-66178705 Back to Top