Forums

Local Moderation - thePurpose?

Quick find code: 278-279-307-66178705

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They do other non moderating stuff and I think they also moderate the discord. Some were also set on to do a similar feedback role on the Reddit as well but not the ones who do the forums.

Probably a reason a lot of posts made in the non RuneScape section

03-Sep-2020 11:32:58

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 22,959 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CM Brandon said :
Hey everyone,

I figured that it was time to let you guys know that today will be my last shift working as an LMod as part of Jagex's Community Management team.

My other responsibilities within Keywords have been ramping up quite a lot as of late, and while I do work as a Community Manager, I'm also a Player Support Team Lead, managing teams of support agents across multiple continents. My other 4 projects will require my full attention, which means that I'll need to step aside from my duties with Jagex.

It's been a fun 6 months coming into work, and getting paid to work with Jagex. I never would've thought in a million years that I'd make a living working with a game that had made such a large impact on my life.

It's really been a pleasure to work alongside Mods Poerkie, Gambit, Meadows, and Lee, along with CM Nick, and all of the FMods. Coming into work and talking to all of you on the forums has been a lot of fun, and was always the highlight of my shift.

I think that one of my notable accomplishments working on this team was speeding up the process in which we need to go through to report a phishing page. It went from taking anywhere between 2-5 minutes to roughly 2 seconds, which greatly increased our capacity to report significantly more phishing pages throughout our shift. So while you may not see direct results from this, I really hope that this helped in reducing the amount of chances that someone may fall for any scams. ...
Just for the record and there might be more work they do.

03-Sep-2020 12:04:21

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Great job.
But this was one project, by one LMod, over a year ago.

Not that they have to justify their existence to me, of course. I'm just a lowly membership-paying player so I don't really matter. My curiosity is idle.

I don't feel the Purples have let me down, but I do think Jagex have let them down by letting them exist in a kind of limbo for so long.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

03-Sep-2020 13:23:52

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 8,998 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This thread is from 2018, but it does include responses from CMs and Jagex Moderators as well. I'm actually the last person that posted on the thread and this was on February 7th, 2019: FAO: CM Nick & CM Neriphyra .

You may be able to find the answers to some of the questions that are being asked here.

Edit: This thread may also be of assistance: New JMods coming through!

03-Sep-2020 14:30:15 - Last edited on 03-Sep-2020 14:40:16 by Mrs Ana

Mr Brushie

Mr Brushie

Posts: 1,161 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mrs Ana said :
This thread is from 2018, but it does include responses from CMs and Jagex Moderators as well. I'm actually the last person that posted on the thread and this was on February 7th, 2019: FAO: CM Nick & CM Neriphyra .

You may be able to find the answers to some of the questions that are being asked here.

Edit: This thread may also be of assistance: New JMods coming through!

K, thanks for coming out.

03-Sep-2020 15:01:21

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,168 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Community Partners (formerly called Local Moderators), are Jagex partners/employees.[1] When they speak in-game they have a purple crown (Local moderator crown.png) next to their name, and on the forums they have a purple glow around their posts, as well as a purple avatar background.
They help out new players, setup events, and communicate with the player base in-game and on the official RuneScape Forums.
Like Jagex Moderators have Mod in their nicknames, Community Partners can be identified by the prefix CM, although this is something everyone can do, unlike using Mod on the nickname."

https://runescape.wiki/w/Community_Partner#cite_note-1

"We'll (the Lmods'll) be in and out regularly to help with the day-to-day stuff, forum moderation, working with the volunteer moderators and, of course, you!"

https://archive.fo/R2yg7#selection-667.0-662.5

Lmods have more administrative authorities and they get in touch with Jmods directly AFAIK.

03-Sep-2020 17:02:53

CM Nick

CM Nick

Local Moderator Posts: 9,140 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hiya!

Let me address some of the questions in this thread. We have, from the very beginning, been open books regarding our duties here, and I have no problem giving you all the rundown again of what we do here... so on to the questions raised here!

@Aeroxmaster:

1) Unfortunately, this is a question that only Jagex themselves can answer. I know the most recent answer we've received is that it has to do with security and technical restrictions on Jagex's end, but unfortunately we're not really privy to the nitty-gritty details of the situation regarding our JMod accounts. However, I can confirm that as of earlier this year, Jagex still very much intends for this to happen. Again, this is a question only Jagex themselves can answer in detail.
Community Manager for Jagex

| Forum Help | Account Security |

03-Sep-2020 20:10:34 - Last edited on 03-Sep-2020 20:29:25 by CM Nick

CM Nick

CM Nick

Local Moderator Posts: 9,140 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
2) Our duties include - but are not limited to...

- Forum moderation and housekeeping as well as answering player queries (this should be obvious :P )

- Facilitating communication between Jagex and the FMods by being a direct line for the FMods to the JMods, to bring up any issues within the community or within the moderation team.

- Compiling and relaying player suggestions, escalations, and notable threads to JMods for review.

- Submitting trademark and copyright reports which includes reporting websites and social media pages in the following categories: phishing, real-world trading, bootleg merchandise, fake Jagex and RuneScape sites, account buying and selling, and more.

Since we started in mid 2018 we’ve taken down over 7000 of these sites.

- We’re also present on the RuneScape Discord - I field a lot of questions in my DMs there, as well as occasionally help out in the server proper.

- Overhauling / retooling threads on the forum that need housekeeping - i.e., setting up a new Help and Action centre in the Higher Level Forum, drafting up a new Looking For Clan Founders thread as the information was outdated, getting the Official RS Discord Servers thread updated, and more.

- Undertaking new forum initiatives such as the Phishing Report Centre thread to replace the old email method, or developing a Highlight/Escalations thread for FMods to highlight serious issues to us to replace the highlight system.

- Reading, reviewing, and answering questions in the Community Mailbox.

- Escalating any urgent issues to Jagex directly (worlds crashing, log-in issues, etc.)

- And then pretty much anything else in which our direct point of contacts at Jagex ask us to do, which can include anything from “What are the most common issues you’re seeing this month?” to “Keep an eye on Reddit and the forums all today for “x issue” and escalate any threads of that nature.”

Again, this is not an exhaustive list, but I hope it gives you a better picture of what we do.
Community Manager for Jagex

| Forum Help | Account Security |

03-Sep-2020 20:11:01

Quick find code: 278-279-307-66178705 Back to Top