Forums

Best Quester Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572

CBDREAMS

CBDREAMS

Posts: 161 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Deacon Blues said :
Are you *#cking kidding? You create an exclusive. quest-related title and make it impossible to attain for avid questers who already have the Quest cape?

And don't give me that **** about "just make another account". First of all, training to Grandmaster levels in less than two weeks? Yeah, right. Second, are you really that desparate for cash? Creating a competition that forces people to buy membership on an alt account if they want to participate? It's just incredible how you keep finding new lows to sink to.

Quests and lore are the one thing that make Runescape special. The one thing that keeps my playing. And you're doing everything in your power to destroy both. Quests are few and far between, quest quality is often lackluster, and people like Mod Ollie are allowed to crap all over preestablished lore because they can't be ***** to do their homework... It really looks like you're trying to hammer the final nails into the coffin of the questing community.

I see a pattern here. Apparently combat content is easier to develop than innovative content and quality stories. It explains why you just keep churning out more and more bosses while you have been completely neglecting skills for years. Seems like we questers now receive the same treatment as skillers. That treatment being a huge middle finger while you kowtow to the PvM community and keep beating the dead horse that is PvP.

THAT IS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!1

17-Mar-2015 18:44:02

CBDREAMS

CBDREAMS

Posts: 161 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FlammaUriah said :
I came online today super excited about this whole Quest*val thing, and then I see this stupid contest and suddenly all desire to participate in what is supposed to be a fun event goes out the window.

Mod Kalaya said :
Yes, this promotion is not aimed at people like yourselves - we're aware that there are lots of players who do every quest as soon as it comes out and we really appreciate you guys. You're who we want to be at the Q&A's and AMAA's, enjoying the 200th quest and the other activities we're putting on.

Hard to enjoy something when you're being treated like this for doing it when it comes out. Maybe I want to wait until the 300th quest to do any other quests in order to be able to partake in your next contest.

Mod Kalaya said :
There are also another section of players who hardly ever do quests - they don't see the point. They are our who we're trying to reach with this competition, to encourage them to fill up their quest log. It's unfortunate that this isn't something that everyone can be easily included on, but there are options for you to join in if you're dedicated enough and that's why we've given you as much warning as we possibly can.

And so you think it's a good idea to ignore us that actually do quests? Who actually enjoy quests? Good move.

Mod Kalaya said :
We're doing our best to reach as much of the community as possible throughout the Quest*val, and this is aimed at a specific section. Not much more I can do or say, really.

Clearly your best isn't good enough. Telling us with less than two weeks time to prepare to use an alternate account is not your best.

No more hype for quest 200.

thats how jagex "works"

17-Mar-2015 18:45:10

Quest Points
Feb Member 2018

Quest Points

Posts: 935 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CBDREAMS said :
Deacon Blues said :
Are you *#cking kidding? You create an exclusive. quest-related title and make it impossible to attain for avid questers who already have the Quest cape?

And don't give me that **** about "just make another account". First of all, training to Grandmaster levels in less than two weeks? Yeah, right. Second, are you really that desparate for cash? Creating a competition that forces people to buy membership on an alt account if they want to participate? It's just incredible how you keep finding new lows to sink to.

Quests and lore are the one thing that make Runescape special. The one thing that keeps my playing. And you're doing everything in your power to destroy both. Quests are few and far between, quest quality is often lackluster, and people like Mod Ollie are allowed to crap all over preestablished lore because they can't be ***** to do their homework... It really looks like you're trying to hammer the final nails into the coffin of the questing community.

I see a pattern here. Apparently combat content is easier to develop than innovative content and quality stories. It explains why you just keep churning out more and more bosses while you have been completely neglecting skills for years. Seems like we questers now receive the same treatment as skillers. That treatment being a huge middle finger while you kowtow to the PvM community and keep beating the dead horse that is PvP.

THAT IS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!1

I agree with this....my name is quest points...and I don't even have a CHANCE to get it....DAFAK is this? Upset on this one jagex, job NOT well done.

17-Mar-2015 19:02:38 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 19:03:24 by Quest Points

Esa
Sep Member 2023

Esa

Posts: 36 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How dare Jagex do a competition aimed at those who aren't maxed/comped who have no chance in any other competition?!? The nerve..

High level/wealthy players get to fight over the majority of other competitions and titles, why not let some of the noobier players work hard and compete for something? I don't mind the idea of this competition because gives the unusual competitors a chance and almost caps those who would destroy those who haven't been able to compete in other events, which tend to be the less experienced players.

With that being said, the title is a bit unfitting.

17-Mar-2015 19:06:40 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 19:11:26 by Esa

Leader Rob

Leader Rob

Posts: 6,902 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FlammaUriah said :

Dr Zaius said :
Iceman3317 said :
An idea would be to give a special title to those people who already have the quest point cape before the start of the competition. That is the only fair thing to do.

Because not only are you asking us to spend money on another account, you are also forcing those who care for the lore to level another account.

I second this compromise

I third this.

I Fourth this
Creator of the Clan Leader Discord & Clan Discord
Lead Developer of The Clan Network
Clan Leader of Bound Links

17-Mar-2015 19:12:53

Quester

Quester

Posts: 492 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Personally I enjoy this competition, training a new account as I speak :D Also like the title (Ultimate Quester Quester incoming?).

This gives motivation for people that normally wouldn't quest to do it aswell. Yes it disregards the lore and is more of a speed questing achievement, but still a nice competition to try even if you are maxed in quest points (and don't mind starting a new account). People that want to enjoy the quests and lore should not participate in this. To me, who completed all quests with enjoying the dialog, speed questing is a new fun way to enjoy the content in my opinion.
Quest(i)val King - Gamebreaker - Proud CWafkers general - Master Quester and Lorehound - Going for Insane Final Boss

17-Mar-2015 19:22:18 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 19:22:52 by Quester

Deacon Blues

Deacon Blues

Posts: 4,467 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kitty Aether said :
The whole speed questing aspect detracts from the importance of quests as events that are meaningful to the environment and lore of Gielinor. I thought this was supposed to be a celebration of what made quests special, that is the characters, the story, the adventures you have had and the fond memories you hold from the experiences. I was expecting... a little more nostalgia than what is currently being shown. It's almost as if you, as developers, are not proud of the content that you have created as you want to encourage people rushing through your works of art and not appreciating any of their subtleties.

Hear, hear!
Once you go NXT, you never go back.

Ceterum censeo Saradominem esse delendam.

17-Mar-2015 19:23:03

Darlene Nia

Darlene Nia

Posts: 85 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh, also for people worrying they need to sink 8 mils in a bond - keep in mind that each quest, no matter how short or trivial, rewards you with two Treasure Hunter keys.
If you work hard, you'll get lots of them and some rewards are tradeable (junk + silverhawk feathers/springs + cash outs from large/huge lamps in skills like wc) - it adds up.
Depending on RNG you might actually make a profit off this contest - even if you aren't taking part (wooden cats, bronze wires anyone? ;) )

17-Mar-2015 19:31:26

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top