Forums

Best Quester Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572

Lacrimamundi

Lacrimamundi

Posts: 300 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thus I Atone said :
The PvM community gets 2 bosses a year if that. Skillers get a vast majority of the updates. And if you mention this most recent combat update we didn't ask for it. Don't start pointing fingers at a problem that isn't our fault. I'm ****** off too about the lack of quest and GOOD skill updates too, and most top level PvMers I know are skillers and completionists. Don't throw away player solidarity for a problem that is Jagex's and don't look at

He wasn't mainly talking about skill updates, he is talking about quests.

That's two very different things. Don't be unfair.

His last point about questers catching the same faith now as skillers did before is legit.

Combat related content is fairly more often released (okay he shouldn't have only refered to bosses) than skilling content or quest content. Not to talk about real innovations. The last new skill was 2013 (divination), Inventor got put to a hold what still wees many people off seriously (I include myself here). During that time we had a lots more of combat content released or overworked than skill content(s). The quest quality shortly after releases is frigthening... Also not really a huge bunch we get for those every year, atm...

All in all I totally agree with Deacon Blues even there migth have been a way to put that in here a bit less ranting and bit more polite.

The release of Priffdinas did cost Jagex a lot of manpower and work, we all should value that, even the result maybe doesn't look, personally to everyone, that impressive.

But all in all I agree that the updates need to fit more into the varieties the game provides. Also spread over ONE year. A little bit for everyone. And with a good quality please!

The road Runescape is heading down atm I watch with a micture of interest and fear myself.

I love this game for being special esp. by the multi variations of playing it. That is what made it special. That is what should be focused on by Jagex.
O tempora, o mores!

17-Mar-2015 15:15:25

Verdant Star
Sep Member 2021

Verdant Star

Posts: 52,016 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Kalaya said :

You will also be the sole owner of a Quest-based title to prove yourself as the best quester! (Title TBC)

Mod William said :

The player with the most quest points gained will be crowned Ultimate Quester and will gain access to the Ultimate Quester title - along with a whole host of other prizes!

There are no-sign ups as we'll be tracking this for all players. If you're new to quests, then there's never been a better time to start. If you're a grandmaster, then get yourself a new account to maximise your chances - we'll add the title to your main account if you win!

ok what is it TBC or UQ, alt or main
beaversquad

17-Mar-2015 15:15:39

Mod Kalaya

Mod Kalaya

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Deacon Blues said :
Are you *#cking kidding? You create an exclusive. quest-related title and make it impossible to attain for avid questers who already have the Quest cape?

Yes, this promotion is not aimed at people like yourselves - we're aware that there are lots of players who do every quest as soon as it comes out and we really appreciate you guys. You're who we want to be at the Q&A's and AMAA's, enjoying the 200th quest and the other activities we're putting on.

There are also another section of players who hardly ever do quests - they don't see the point. They are our who we're trying to reach with this competition, to encourage them to fill up their quest log. It's unfortunate that this isn't something that everyone can be easily included on, but there are options for you to join in if you're dedicated enough and that's why we've given you as much warning as we possibly can.

We're doing our best to reach as much of the community as possible throughout the Questival, and this is aimed at a specific section. Not much more I can do or say, really.

Thanks,

Mod Kalaya
Zarosian RuneScape Community Manager
Reddit | Facebook | Youtube | Twitter | Twitch | Follow me on Twitter
Mod Kalaya |
Zarosian
Product Manager | @JagexKalaya

17-Mar-2015 15:18:30

Mod Kalaya

Mod Kalaya

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Verdant Star said :
Mod Kalaya said :

You will also be the sole owner of a Quest-based title to prove yourself as the best quester! (Title TBC)

Mod William said :

The player with the most quest points gained will be crowned Ultimate Quester and will gain access to the Ultimate Quester title - along with a whole host of other prizes!

There are no-sign ups as we'll be tracking this for all players. If you're new to quests, then there's never been a better time to start. If you're a grandmaster, then get yourself a new account to maximise your chances - we'll add the title to your main account if you win!

It'll be Ultimate Quester, and you can choose which account you'd like the title to be on :)

Ta,

Mod Kalaya
Reddit | Facebook | Youtube | Twitter | Twitch | Follow me on Twitter
Mod Kalaya |
Zarosian
Product Manager | @JagexKalaya

17-Mar-2015 15:19:18

Lacrimamundi

Lacrimamundi

Posts: 300 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Verdant Star said :
and ffs whats the **** with making a new account anyway then you have that title on the new account and still not on your main ??

You read the news post on the webiste as well?

If not, do so and then edit your post, please.

As it is clearly stated there that the title if claimed by a newly made account will be transfered to your main.

I don't like the conceptional way either but guys, before you start ranting and shouting, read properly - everything! Then start torturing the keyboard, not before!
O tempora, o mores!

17-Mar-2015 15:19:38

Verdant Star
Sep Member 2021

Verdant Star

Posts: 52,016 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Kalaya said :
Verdant Star said :
Mod Kalaya said :

Mod William said :

It'll be Ultimate Quester, and you can choose which account you'd like the title to be on :)

Ta,

Mod Kalaya

Good! Still think it's a silly competition though!
beaversquad

17-Mar-2015 15:23:20

Thus I Atone
Feb Member 2009

Thus I Atone

Posts: 3,441 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Kalaya said :
Deacon Blues said :
Are you *#cking kidding? You create an exclusive. quest-related title and make it impossible to attain for avid questers who already have the Quest cape?

There are also another section of players who hardly ever do quests - they don't see the point. They are our who we're trying to reach with this competition, to encourage them to fill up their quest log. It's unfortunate that this isn't something that everyone can be easily included on, but there are options for you to join in if you're dedicated enough and that's why we've given you as much warning as we possibly can.

We're doing our best to reach as much of the community as possible throughout the Quest*val, and this is aimed at a specific section. Not much more I can do or say, really.

Thanks*

Jagex reminds me of those parents of kids in middle school who always slacked off who promise their kids money and toys if they actually do their schoolwork, while the kids who already do their schoolwork get nothing from their parents because there doesn't need to be any convincing.

Starting to wish I was that "slacker kid" so I could do this competition.

And if you really think I can start on a level 3 and do it that is ridiculous.

17-Mar-2015 15:25:32 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 15:26:20 by Thus I Atone

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top