Forums

Best Quester Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572

Deacon Blues

Deacon Blues

Posts: 4,467 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Are you *#cking kidding? You create an exclusive. quest-related title and make it impossible to attain for avid questers who already have the Quest cape?

And don't give me that **** about "just make another account". First of all, training to Grandmaster levels in less than two weeks? Yeah, right. Second, are you really that desparate for cash? Creating a competition that forces people to buy membership on an alt account if they want to participate? It's just incredible how you keep finding new lows to sink to.

Quests and lore are the one thing that make Runescape special. The one thing that keeps my playing. And you're doing everything in your power to destroy both. Quests are few and far between, quest quality is often lackluster, and people like Mod Ollie are allowed to crap all over preestablished lore because they can't be ***** to do their homework... It really looks like you're trying to hammer the final nails into the coffin of the questing community.

I see a pattern here. Apparently combat content is easier to develop than innovative content and quality stories. It explains why you just keep churning out more and more bosses while you have been completely neglecting skills for years. Seems like we questers now receive the same treatment as skillers. That treatment being a huge middle finger while you kowtow to the PvM community and keep beating the dead horse that is PvP.
Once you go NXT, you never go back.

Ceterum censeo Saradominem esse delendam.

17-Mar-2015 14:27:28 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 14:33:40 by Deacon Blues

Kan Hidum

Kan Hidum

Posts: 38 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I must say this truly seems like my kind of thing. I already gained the quest cape on two other accounts and this will be my third but i dont think ill make a new character just for this, seems like a waste when i already consider myself a master quester haha.
Ill try getting a quest cape on this account on that weekend if possible.
And it does seem pretty unfair for all of quest with questcapes, asking us to make a new character is just weird. But i will try.
Good luck everyone.

-kan-

17-Mar-2015 14:33:14

1ryb

1ryb

Posts: 694 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Deacon Blues said :
Are you *#cking kidding? You create an exclusive. quest-related title and make it impossible to attain for avid questers who already have the Quest cape?

And don't give me that **** about "just make another account". First of all, training to Grandmaster levels in less than two weeks? Yeah, right. Second, are you really that desparate for cash? Creating a competition that forces people to buy membership on an alt account if they want to participate? It's just incredible how you keep finding new lows to sink to.

Quests and lore are the one thing that make Runescape special. The one thing that keeps my playing. And you're doing everything in your power to destroy both. Quests are few and far between, quest quality is often lackluster, and people like Mod Ollie are allowed to crap all over preestablished lore because they can't be ***** to do their homework... It really looks like you're trying to hammer the final nails into the coffin of the questing community.

I see a pattern here. Apparently combat content is easier to develop than innovative content and quality stories. It explains why you just keep churning out more and more bosses while you have been completely neglecting skills for years. Seems like we questers now receive the same treatment as skillers. That treatment being a huge middle finger while you kowtow to the PvM community and keep beating the dead horse that is PvP.

There's some truth in here.

17-Mar-2015 14:44:30

Trevor M
Jul Member 2008

Trevor M

Posts: 82 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not making another account just to get a title on this one. I already have a quest cape. People who already have them should be given the title by default. There's less than 15,000 of us apparently and I venture to guess we don't want to do all those quests again.

17-Mar-2015 14:48:20

Thus I Atone
Feb Member 2009

Thus I Atone

Posts: 3,441 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Deacon Blues said :

The PvM community gets 2 bosses a year if that. Skillers get a vast majority of the updates. And if you mention this most recent combat update we didn't ask for it. Don't start pointing fingers at a problem that isn't our fault. I'm ****** off too about the lack of quest and GOOD skill updates too, and most top level PvMers I know are skillers and completionists. Don't throw away player solidarity for a problem that is Jagex's and don't look at a handful of PvM updates and claim they are all Jagex does.

17-Mar-2015 14:49:29 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 14:50:32 by Thus I Atone

Lacrimamundi

Lacrimamundi

Posts: 300 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Great idea,

but:

I've done all quests so far and I definitely won't make a new account, that for I'd to invest a huge amount of time to train all the skills needed for the quests to a decent level, including pay for a membership for another account or get one for it by buying bonds, so I can a) train the membershup related skills as well and b) do the member quests as well.

A great idea but also great spoiled. Anyone who's a questmaster gets penalised for having done all the quests yet. Urm, yeah, okay...

Why can't we simply have all quests again available for everyone druing this period of time?

Those who already have done everything can do them again, won't chnage anything in their quest count. Those who haven't can do those they still need and get them as a regular quest count. Who's able to do all the quests several times or only needs a few to the pont where all quests are done, can rest on this occassion for this occassion all the quests to "undone" as soon as s/he has completed all the quests - then and only then - to strat again from Zero.

Don't get me wrong: I don't care much about the fact I won't be able to get the title. Mainly because I know very well that this will again most likely won by someone who either shares his/her account with others, so there is questing 24h possible - and no one playing regular and fair will be able to compete with that - or by someone who uses botting software for questing. Beside that I am not much into titles, they are nice to have but I barely use them and very often only basic ones that fit to my personality, not any of those show-off ones. So basically I am fine with it.

But on the other hand it still feels and looks wrong for me to give players who have already done everything quest related a penalty.

Creating a new account for this purpose doesn't seem to be the right way as it ain't that simple and easy as it sounds in the first second.

Looks a bit mean - and very calculated - to me, tbh.
O tempora, o mores!

17-Mar-2015 14:59:55

Verdant Star
Sep Member 2021

Verdant Star

Posts: 52,016 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
this is like your worst seasonal competition so far

1) basically you need to prepare by doing a bunch of quests up till the final dialogue, then hand in during that weekend, like okay this is worse than buyables during bxpw

2) every player that isnt complete **** at this game needs to make a new account and start from scratch to even compete at all ???

3) if you do compete and spent half a month no*ifing a brand new account but someone else nolifed it just that little better WELL **** YOU TOO BAD

4) suggestion for title: the guide-reader

5) suggestion for future quest competitions: questing should not be about who can follow the most guides / hr

6) NO
beaversquad

17-Mar-2015 15:00:33

Verdant Star
Sep Member 2021

Verdant Star

Posts: 52,016 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Deacon Blues said :

^
beaversquad

17-Mar-2015 15:02:13

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top