Forums

Best Quester Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572

[#EQR31O4WN]

[#EQR31O4WN]

Posts: 481 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Mod Kalaya,

While I have no problem with the competition as you guys are trying to make the community involved to have some fun, there is one issue.

Quests are one of the best contents in this game because of the lores which many people love. I am guessing you guys are trying to get more people to get involve with lores by questing but this competition isnt going to help with that.

There will be many people just trying to do many quests as possible while ignoring one of the main aspect of the quests which are lores. You know most people will just spacebar through quests in order to get many quest points while ignoring the lores?

I feel like this "Ultimate Quester" title is more worthy for people who actually like quests and the lores. Those who have worked through quests while enjoying them rather than someone who just did all the quests in order to obtain quest points quickly.

Pretty much anyone who loves questing/lores are screwed because you are going to have to ignore the lores aspect and focus on "how many quests i can complete quickly" in order to become the "Ultimate Quester"? that just doesn't seem right for that title :| .

Thanks

17-Mar-2015 16:01:30 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 16:05:29 by [#EQR31O4WN]

Deacon Blues

Deacon Blues

Posts: 4,467 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
SnowByrd said :
I know that jagex wants to make money, but I think they are going about it in a very greedy and unfair manner. Rise in cost of memberships, bonds, etc. Not that they weren't making a killing off it before.

Runescape is making money hand over fist, but instead of reinvesting into the game (their only successful product ever ), Jagex prefer to blow the profits we make for them on abysmal failures like Transformers Universe. Then they need to milk RS even more (RWT bonds, price hikes, MTX) to waste even more money on even more failures.
Once you go NXT, you never go back.

Ceterum censeo Saradominem esse delendam.

17-Mar-2015 16:02:40

FrenzyChaos
Dec Member 2011

FrenzyChaos

Posts: 85 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have a suggestion that would definitely end this issue for those who had completed all of the quests that were available in the game and it's this:

Create some servers like the beta ones that will remove all the qp when importing your character in so when you log in, you will be in lumbridge automatically and be able to do quests all over again so we won't have to worry much about skilling all over again with alts or be unable to quest on your main account and this will not affect your account in any way by earning more xp or gaining/losing items in the process.

17-Mar-2015 16:15:46 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 16:20:45 by FrenzyChaos

Deacon Blues

Deacon Blues

FrenzyChaos said :
Create some servers like the beta ones that will remove all the qp when importing your character in so when you log in, you will be able to do quests all over again so we won't have to worry much about skilling all over again with alts or be unable to quest on your main account and this will not affect your account in any way by earning more xp or gaining/losing items in the process.

Huge seaport.

17-Mar-2015 16:21:08

Suri

Suri

Posts: 13 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How can you possible name a unique title over a single person and pretend his the master of quests, pretty sure who ever wins that will be the least intrested in quests with a very low quest points and just hit them all in 1 weekend.

Also leaving all true quest masters with all quests literally out of the game, "fixing" it telling you to just make a new account and pretend you build an account in no time and try to make as much quests as possible. if thats the idea im pretty sure for questmasters the problem will be building the account not making the quests (completely different objective) either add something that you can repeat them and take no credits for the special occasion or take it of the board.

If you guys can atleast change the name of the title to something more suitable for what you guys are looking for will make great comfort (ultimate quester is more like people who can do any quest without guide and just go for it, if your looking for people who dont quest it should be a title like "the dedicated" "speed quester", hope you got the idea.)

Thank you.

17-Mar-2015 16:22:36 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 16:38:04 by Suri

RemoveAlice

RemoveAlice

Posts: 6,120 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Kalaya said :
Deacon Blues said :
Are you *#cking kidding? You create an exclusive. quest-related title and make it impossible to attain for avid questers who already have the Quest cape?

Yes, this promotion is not aimed at people like yourselves - we're aware that there are lots of players who do every quest as soon as it comes out and we really appreciate you guys. You're who we want to be at the Q&A's and AMAA's, enjoying the 200th quest and the other activities we're putting on.

There are also another section of players who hardly ever do quests - they don't see the point. They are our who we're trying to reach with this competition, to encourage them to fill up their quest log. It's unfortunate that this isn't something that everyone can be easily included on, but there are options for you to join in if you're dedicated enough and that's why we've given you as much warning as we possibly can.

We're doing our best to reach as much of the community as possible throughout the Quest*val, and this is aimed at a specific section. Not much more I can do or say, really.

Thanks,

11 days is a rather short notice to prepare a completly new account.

why use the ultimate quester as a title when trying to aim for people who usually dont do quests? Just seems like a slap in the face for us who are quest cape oweners.

Go back to the drawing board and come up with something more suitable for that group of players, rather than giving them the ultimate quester title

17-Mar-2015 16:27:27

Lizziefrog
May Member 2005

Lizziefrog

Posts: 124 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FrenzyChaos said :
I have a suggestion that would definitely end this issue for those who had completed all of the quests that were available in the game and it's this:

Create some servers like the beta ones that will remove all the qp when importing your character in so when you log in, you will be in lumbridge automatically and be able to do quests all over again so we won't have to worry much about skilling all over again with alts or be unable to quest on your main account and this will not affect your account in any way by earning more xp or gaining/losing items in the process.

Support

17-Mar-2015 16:28:46

Rowhan
Dec Member 2010

Rowhan

Posts: 941 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Remove the title reward, and give it to the people that completed all quests!

And the winner also gets the irl sword so why give him a title aswel?!
~Rowhie~

17-Mar-2015 16:33:49 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 16:38:49 by Rowhan

Jake Bass
May Member 2022

Jake Bass

Posts: 2,100 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
By all means give this winner the title... But give all other quest masters the title later.

I worked damn hard on my account. I don't want to have to start all over again for a title that I feel, and I imagine most of the questing community feels, that we have achieved.

Yes, we have lorehound. But Lorehound and Ultimate Quester are different. Ultimate Quester is purely quests. Lorehound is quests AND extra lore activities.

It's like the difference between Comp and Trim. We have the trim, so we deserve the comp.
Brent Corrigan is actually my fav but his name was too long

17-Mar-2015 16:35:24

Deacon Blues

Deacon Blues

Jake Bass said :
Yes, we have lorehound. But Lorehound and Ultimate Quester are different. Ultimate Quester is purely quests. Lorehound is quests AND extra lore activities.

It's like the difference between Comp and Trim. We have the trim, so we deserve the comp.

That makes a lot of sense. Think about it, Jagex.

If you absolutely refuse to change anything about your competition (and to be honest, that's the kind of stubbornness I expect from you after refusing to fix the clusterfrak that Mod Ollie created with DAT), create a new title like "Questmaster", "Master Quester" or "Quest Hound" that automatically unlocks with buying the Quest Point Cape. We deserve the recognition.

17-Mar-2015 16:50:19 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 16:50:37 by Deacon Blues

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top