Forums

Best Quester Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572

Dragonkng198

Dragonkng198

Posts: 173 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hoping to confirm this because why not take part, I've got nothing better to do

Can I partially complete quests and just hand them in on the weekend for them to count, or do the quests have to be started on the weekend for them to count?

18-Mar-2015 10:37:11

Raffle

Raffle

Posts: 5,433 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Helring said :
Raffle said :
Mod Balance said :
Quest*val King/Queen... How would that work for you guys?

( My post from ForumHelp is legit)

I wish you'd kept it at Ultimate Quester. The people here that are complaining about the previous title you had set in place, are people who don't have much of a good reason to dislike the competition. They're expecting to be given a headstart in a race all because they've ran the track before.

The thing about the previous title is that it was something actually worth going for. It sounded nice. Quest*val King/Queen sounds a little nooby to want to go for. If these questers that have been complaining about the title actually cared about questing , they would be trying to tell Jagex to try 'not' to focus on the non-questers and continue to make quests like you did in the past (With actual quests requirements and levels), because you can't appeal and shouldn't lower the standard of questing for the non questers.

I'm not looking for an advantage. I'm looking for them to cancel this because they're degrading quests into just more content to grind out. They're not trying to get players to enjoy questing, which would be a more admirable goal for a "Quest*val".

As of now, I think it's decided in terms of who likes quests and who doesn't. Trying to appeal to the non-questers means lowering the standard for quest. Because of the non-questers, we may never see another quest like R.O.T.M again. When I say that, I mean we'll probably never see a quest that actually has a ton of requirements that must be met, and a quest that has exclusivity that provides sense of achievement. That's why Jagex shouldn't be appealing to the non-questers.

18-Mar-2015 10:44:31

Leader Rob

Leader Rob

Posts: 6,902 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Kalaya said :
Helring said :
If they want to encourage a quest. Why not Broken Home. This way its repeatable so if people want to go back and do it they can, this not forcing quest capers to go back and buy another membership, and they can raffle off the godsword to anyone that completes broken home during that period of time.

We are doing some Broken Home speedruns this Friday!

I am in for that, i have set my best time at 28 minutes!
Creator of the Clan Leader Discord & Clan Discord
Lead Developer of The Clan Network
Clan Leader of Bound Links

18-Mar-2015 10:47:49

[#EQR31O4WN]

[#EQR31O4WN]

Posts: 481 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Raffle said :
Mod Balance said :
Quest*val King/Queen... How would that work for you guys?

( My post from ForumHelp is legit)
Snip....

Why should someone get the title "Ultimate Quester" just for rushing through a bunch of quests on a weekend which their objective is to obtain many quest points? A quest title like Ultimate quester sounds more appealing to people who actually finish all the quests, not someone who is rushing through quests to win a competition.

If someone see a person with the title called "Ultimate Quester", they will think they are the best quester in the game. Erm sorry to burst your bubbles but winning a competition by rushing through each quests to see how many quest points you can get does not make you the best quester in the game. There are actually people who have done all quests, side quests and other hidden content in the quest, yet that doesn't make them the best quester?

Ultimate quester should be a title for those who completed every single content such as how comp/trim comp title, max title, lorehound title.

Mod Balance, I have no problem with the competition but I feel like the "ultimate quester" isn't suited for this. I am fine with Quest*val King/Queen or you can tweak it a bit, since that shows the person who obtain the title is the person who is the best at winning the quest*val, and doesn't make it sound like they are the best quester in the game when they are not lol.

18-Mar-2015 10:48:15 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 10:49:08 by [#EQR31O4WN]

Slayer Lylax

Slayer Lylax

Posts: 5,403 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You say you don't want to devaluate the achievements of Questors, but I don't see anything to acknowledge their achievements anywhere.

There's a Quest Cape, which you lose every time there's an update and is so lacking in value to you [Jagex] that you didn't consider it worthy of a graphical update.

You make an event about quests, and reward whoever can skip cutscenes the fastest.

Why not hand out a title of "Questmaster" to everyone who has a Quest Cape when Quest*val starts? Why not make a Trimmed Quest Cape for anyone who beats all 199 quests before the 200th comes out?

Why not reward ACTUAL QUESTORS, not people who follow a walkthrough and only do it to unlock better farming areas?

18-Mar-2015 10:59:19

Quester

Quester

Posts: 492 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Would indeed be nice to have a title not only reflecting the Quest*val but more Questing in general :P Quest(i)val King - Gamebreaker - Proud CWafkers general - Master Quester and Lorehound - Going for Insane Final Boss

18-Mar-2015 10:59:40

Raffle

Raffle

Posts: 5,433 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It makes more sense to have someone who can get the most quest points in one day to have the ultimate quester title, rather than just hand it out to people with a quest cape. Why? The people who have done every quest in the game are just questers. The ultimate quester plans and strategizes on what he/she must complete to get the most points in a day.

You can't have a competition where people are supposed to actually enjoy the quests while they're competing for a title. That's not the point of it. This isn't "We're going to sit around the fire and sing Kumbaya and read all the dialogues in the quests and whoever happens to do have the most qps in the end wins".

18-Mar-2015 11:01:14

Quester

Quester

Posts: 492 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Raffle said :
It makes more sense to have someone who can get the most quest points in one day to have the ultimate quester title, rather than just hand it out to people with a quest cape. Why? The people who have done every quest in the game are just questers. The ultimate quester plans and strategizes on what he/she must complete to get the most points in a day.

You can't have a competition where people are supposed to actually enjoy the quests while they're competing for a title. That's not the point of it. This isn't "We're going to sit around the fire and sing Kumbaya and read all the dialogues in the quests and whoever happens to do have the most qps in the end wins".

Glad some people think alike. Completely agree. If you enjoy the dialog and lore, you shouldn't participate in this competition.

Edit: Or if you already enjoyed the fullest out of the lore and quests, and want a new challenge (like me).
Quest(i)val King - Gamebreaker - Proud CWafkers general - Master Quester and Lorehound - Going for Insane Final Boss

18-Mar-2015 11:03:17 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 11:05:23 by Quester

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top