Forums

Best Quester Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572

Quester

Quester

Posts: 492 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It might encourage spacebarring a bit more yes, but this change will be insignificant since the majority of the players already do it. This competition also gives a motive for people who don't enjoy quests, to participate in a battle for the most quests. Gives them a reason to grind them out. Again, for the people who don't want to spend time in reading dialog and understanding the lore. Quest(i)val King - Gamebreaker - Proud CWafkers general - Master Quester and Lorehound - Going for Insane Final Boss

18-Mar-2015 09:14:41

Mod Balance

Mod Balance

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Questival King/Queen... How would that work for you guys?

( My post from ForumHelp is legit)
Mod Balance
| Head of Community |
Follower of Guthix

18-Mar-2015 09:25:54 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 09:26:45 by Mod Balance

Sonja Grier
Jun Member 2023

Sonja Grier

Posts: 325 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Since Mod Balance asked for suggestions on Titles I took the liberty of comming up with a few:

Adventurers with Questcapes at the start/end of the competition should receive a Title along the lines of:
Legendary Quester

While the player that wins the Competition gets awarded the Title:
Marvelous Quester

Since I like the Idea of the Title "Ultimate Quester" I suggest it is added as a reward for everyone who finishes the 200th Quest within the first 2 Weeks of it's release.

EDIT: I got Ninjad by Mod Balance!
Jojo - Still cannot decide who's better:
Guthix
or
Zaros

18-Mar-2015 09:28:40 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 09:40:22 by Sonja Grier

Quester

Quester

Posts: 492 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Balance said :
Quest*val King/Queen... How would that work for you guys?

( My post from ForumHelp is legit)

Sounds pretty good. Can I suggest the color to be like the sword artist title? :)
Quest(i)val King - Gamebreaker - Proud CWafkers general - Master Quester and Lorehound - Going for Insane Final Boss

18-Mar-2015 09:35:40

The contents of this message have been hidden.

18-Mar-2015 09:41:01

Helring
Mar Member 2005

Helring

Posts: 4,609 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If they want to encourage a quest. Why not Broken Home. This way its repeatable so if people want to go back and do it they can, this not forcing quest capers to go back and buy another membership, and they can raffle off the godsword to anyone that completes broken home during that period of time.

This way they aren't encouraging rushing the quests, spacebarring the dialogue and using guides. Plus they aren't punishing those who love quests and have them all done.

Also, drop the title.

18-Mar-2015 09:48:33

Mod Kalaya

Mod Kalaya

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Helring said :
If they want to encourage a quest. Why not Broken Home. This way its repeatable so if people want to go back and do it they can, this not forcing quest capers to go back and buy another membership, and they can raffle off the godsword to anyone that completes broken home during that period of time.

We are doing some Broken Home speedruns this Friday!
Mod Kalaya |
Zarosian
Product Manager | @JagexKalaya

18-Mar-2015 09:51:39

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top