Forums

Questival is Here

Quick find code: 254-255-461-65591596

FrankyDG

FrankyDG

Posts: 52 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nice that the quest*val is here and looking forward for the 200th quest!
Just wondering, why is there nothing to do for the people who already like quests?
They are the main reason i play RS, but when the quest*val is going on there is nothing to do for people who already have the questcape.

17-Mar-2015 20:21:23 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 20:26:29 by FrankyDG

Boss Butcher
Jul Member 2012

Boss Butcher

Posts: 1,366 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Let me get this straight the title can be only obtained by peoples that make a new account and do all quests or those who aren't walking arround with a quest cape...?

This contest is about the best conversation skipper in RuneScape not about the best quester, also great job on filtering the peoples out that have actually quested, by making the competition based on quest points gathered.

I would love to get the title, but I guess it's impossible for me since I don't feel like skipping conversations and since I'm 2 quests away from wearing my cape again.. (max + 3 QP or so....)

2/10 for effort.
I might break more than alcohol can repair.

17-Mar-2015 21:39:12

Me h
Nov Member 2011

Me h

Posts: 7,283 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On the infographic it says that 14,900 players have completed all quests. Is that 100% accurate? If so then OMG I'M ONE OF THEM AND IF I HADN'T COMPLETED ALL QUESTS THE COUNT WOULD BE AT 14,899! :D
Meh

17-Mar-2015 21:42:24 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 21:42:53 by Me h

FrankyDG

FrankyDG

Posts: 52 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Boss Butcher said :
I would love to get the title, but I guess it's impossible for me since I don't feel like skipping conversations and since I'm 2 quests away from wearing my cape again.. (max + 3 QP or so....)

Totally agree, i read every conversation in a quest, just because i like most of the questseries.
It's great that the quest will get some extra attention but shouldn't quest*val be more fun for people who like questing and have or are close to having the cape?

17-Mar-2015 22:00:35

Zarzuela

Zarzuela

Posts: 148 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sorry but this is so disrespectful to all the real questers, I have quest cape, and will get nothing ! how is that even right? I wont make another account so have no chance at the title. This is a pure money grab from jagex as all the people that make new accounts pay for it. So it also give fake figures on amount of people playing the game legit.

Disgusted 9year player !!!!!!

17-Mar-2015 22:04:25

Isaak

Isaak

Posts: 123 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
With regards to the "ultimate quester" title, I believe this is a very poor initiation to get the community involved.

I love personally LOVE quests and have completed all of them. For individuals in a similar situation, we would be forced to make a brand new account, purchase a membership, complete as many quests as possible without any guarantee (statistically, next to 0%) that we would gain that title - to many people, this doesn't seem feasible nor attractive, for that matter.

An alternative option could be:

(1) make it LESS of a competition and more of an incentive to get quests done, allowing more people to obtain the title. Lets say, complete all 200 quests to obtain the title within a 2 week time frame. (Similar concept to that of the "prepared" title, but with ALL THE QUESTS, as the title goes hand-in-hand with the concept.

OR

(2) Make it a permanent option, similar to the Helmet of Trials, but for completing all 200 quests. A significant milestone.

Personally, i'm favouring the former option - but it's completely at your discretion. Regardless, the current set-up, will only motivate a small portion of the community rather than what may be envisioned.

17-Mar-2015 23:00:08

Bruno Mars

Bruno Mars

Posts: 1,039 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zarzuela said :
Sorry but this is so disrespectful to all the real questers

^ This sums it up.

It is literally a slap in the face to all the questers if someone who rarely complete quests be called the ultimate quester.

Ultimate???

What happens after he or she obtains the title? They'll go back to doing what they did before... Not doing quests. Essentially we are going to have someone with 100-200 quest points, walking around with the Ultimate Quester title.

Again... seriously... ultimate???
The Famous
Bruno Mars:
I never lose. I either win or I learn.

I Bleed Green Through Thick and Thin #RiderPrideWorldWide

17-Mar-2015 23:22:11

Adrienne May

Adrienne May

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So for those 14,900 serious quester of us, we have no serious chance of getting the Ultimate Quester title. Someone who doesn't normally quest, can do a couple quests on that weekend and earn that title over all of us who have done them all already?! That sucks. Yeah, yeah, I see we can make a new account and earn it for our main, but it would have to be p2p for a real chance of earning it. I feel like this event is for trying to cater to players who aren't that into questing. Where's the content for the true ultimate questers? Maybe more will be revealed, I hope so...

18-Mar-2015 02:12:22 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 02:14:01 by Adrienne May

Quick find code: 254-255-461-65591596 Back to Top