Forums

Questival is Here

Quick find code: 254-255-461-65591596

S AIN T
Jun Member 2021

S AIN T

Posts: 251 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bummed out about not being able to participate in the event. Quest are what kept me coming back to RS over the past 9 years. For the longest time the QP cape was the only cape of achievement I had until recently when I got my untrimmed prayer cape.

A shame that I would have to spend money (not to mention the inflated cost that is around 10$ a month now. Which is a little ridiculous especially when for a few more bucks you could play a flagship MMO) just to achieve a title that should go to long term questers.

Best watch yourself Jagex before the community fully sees your money grabbing attempts. It's getting a little out of hand. I'm excited for the 200th quest. But sadly after that I shall be leaving runescape. I refuse to be held down and pay subscription fees, just because I get the ability to keep it at the lower price, and at $10 a month I rather play something from the 2010's instead of a turn of the century game that only aims at the player's pockets instead of making the game enjoyable.

Best regards,
-Saint Resin

18-Mar-2015 21:04:26

KuroAkuma

KuroAkuma

Posts: 68 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Now hold on this quest*val isnt fair to those of us that are serious questers.
People have better chances then others depending on who you are.
biggest chances to win are
Maxed players that dont ever quest.
newer players that have a lot of quests open.

and the lowest chances of winning are if your a serious quester who has already done the majority of the quests.

All serious questers have a really bad handicap here.
It doesn't make sense that because we took questing seriously we have to be penalized for it so badly by having to start all the way over to get those requirements again and not to mention get certain combat requirements to keep up.

18-Mar-2015 22:33:17 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 22:33:45 by KuroAkuma

Jade Dragon
Dec Member 2022

Jade Dragon

Posts: 1,981 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't wanna go through all those quests again. Lol.. I still haven't finished the last 50 I have. Hehe. Good idea though, good luck to the ones who participate! I'm on YouTube - Search me at Littlejayberry . Or don't. Up to you.

18-Mar-2015 22:54:30

Boss Butcher
Jul Member 2012

Boss Butcher

Posts: 1,366 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think that quest*val should have something for players with quest capes aswell, maybe a smaller title such as "up to date"+name with the title only available to collect during the event for those who can wear the quest cape. An example of the title + name would be "
Up to date
Boss Butcher".

I think with this the players that have enjoyed quests and gotten the cape would be satisfied with the event aswell, while others will grind for the title quest*val king/queen.

Also it would feel a lot better as in that you guys appreciate the players that voluntary completed your given quest content to as of today, exploring the lore and getting to know your game.

I would really love to see something dedicated to players with quest capes during the quest*val.
I might break more than alcohol can repair.

19-Mar-2015 09:22:16

CptCapricorn

CptCapricorn

Posts: 302 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As a 10 year veteran (2005) and a quest lover, I really do think the quest title should go to those who completed all 200th quest for a job well done.

A lot of people on here agree that the quest competition is pretty unfair and not such a good idea not to mention a slap in a face to all of those who worked their butts completing every single quest. I have asked people in my clan chat, inside other friends chat and so on and they think jagex should have thought this out before even thinking about releasing a competition. It seems now days everything has to be a competition.

19-Mar-2015 15:04:08

Alpha Trion

Alpha Trion

Posts: 2,483 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Alright let me explain this.

Jagex doesn't give a $!##$@% about how good you are at quests.

They are trying to get people to make NEW accounts and thus new memberships.

Think of this like a very sneaky promotion. There will be a significant amount of players who ARE maxed at quests who make new character just for the possibility of competiting.

All Jagex had to do is make a simple text title as a reward, and look at all the potential membership money they will get. People will then possibly have TWO memberships going at once (their original, and the one they made to compete in quests-which they decided to keep).

I don't think you guys notice what they did here. Open your eyes.

19-Mar-2015 22:22:03

Alpha Trion

Alpha Trion

Zarzuela said :
Sorry but this is so disrespectful to all the real questers, I have quest cape, and will get nothing ! how is that even right? I wont make another account so have no chance at the title. This is a pure money grab from jagex as all the people that make new accounts pay for it. So it also give fake figures on amount of people playing the game legit.

Disgusted 9year player !!!!!!

I was looking over posts, and noticed someone DOES get it. This is a money grab, pure and simple. Look at their recent 'updates' to runescape-which are pretty much constant promotions, and you'll see what's going on.

19-Mar-2015 22:25:05

McCracker

McCracker

Posts: 1,630 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for the big (insert appropriate word) you, to all those people that have quest capes, who will now have to pay extra membership just for a "chance" at the title.

With that being said, how do I send a abuse report against Jagex for scamming thousands? I can see where we can report other players, but not Jagex... Anyone know?

-And a side note if the number for the amount of people with quest capes is valid at 14,900, then Jagex has devised a nice little scam. By that I mean, if everyone of of the 14.9K players decided to participate, the would need to make a new account and pay for a minimum of one month of members, which would mean an additional $141,401.00 USD to line Jagex's pockets.

I for one will not succumb to this joke of an event, especially with a week to prepare.. Not even remotely fair.
The Last Souls

20-Mar-2015 19:04:44

Alpha Trion

Alpha Trion

Jagex can't have it both ways.

They seem to be into 'competition' with this quest money-grab promotion...

But then they have treasure hunter which kills any notion of competition.

I don't get it, but actually now that I think of it, I DO!

Those with max level who never do quests have the advantage here.

There's not enough time to get enough quest points to compete from a brand new account.

The only possibility is players who are 'pures' who haven't had membership for a while on their alts, and decide to get them membership.

21-Mar-2015 00:29:12

Quick find code: 254-255-461-65591596 Back to Top