Forums

Best Quester Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572

Raffle

Raffle

Posts: 5,433 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Excuse me, the strawpoll is incomplete. There's no option saying we prefer the "Ultimate Quester" as it was before when only one person would get it. Obviously if everyone had the ultimate quester title, it doesn't make sense. How could everyone who has a quest cape be the 'ultimate' quester. It's like saying everybody in the world is the best human. It's just... .....

19-Mar-2015 17:23:54

AbbyNormal01
Jan Member 2013

AbbyNormal01

Posts: 1,964 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It would be an extremely good idea if you put your straw poll somewhere a bit more readily accessible, like the front page?
You really have to dig to find it.
At my funeral will be a piñata so ppl can be happy, but full of bees so they're not too happy.

19-Mar-2015 17:26:58 - Last edited on 19-Mar-2015 17:28:25 by AbbyNormal01

I  Osiris  I

I  Osiris  I

Posts: 6,479 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't think you should be giving exclusive titles to brand new accounts, some players are title collectors and this is just a huge disappointment to be frank even if just 1 player earns it per competition. If I were to partake in this I would want those rewards on my main.
OSRS HCIM - "Ghost"

02' RuneScape Veteran

19-Mar-2015 17:46:30 - Last edited on 19-Mar-2015 17:47:04 by I  Osiris  I

Quester

Quester

Posts: 492 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Raffle said :
Excuse me, the strawpoll is incomplete. There's no option saying we prefer the "Ultimate Quester" as it was before when only one person would get it. Obviously if everyone had the ultimate quester title, it doesn't make sense. How could everyone who has a quest cape be the 'ultimate' quester. It's like saying everybody in the world is the best human. It's just... .....

This

I  Osiris  I said :
I don't think you should be giving exclusive titles to brand new accounts, some players are title collectors and this is just a huge disappointment to be frank even if just 1 player earns it per competition. If I were to partake in this I would want those rewards on my main.

If you get it on an alt, it will be given to your main too. That way also quest capers can participate.
Quest(i)val King - Gamebreaker - Proud CWafkers general - Master Quester and Lorehound - Going for Insane Final Boss

19-Mar-2015 17:53:14

FlammaUriah
Sep Member 2012

FlammaUriah

Posts: 1,203 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Kalaya said :
Link to the Straw poll for anyone who wants it.

Voted.

Sonja Grier said :
I am happy with the strawpoll. It makes me mildly sad that people forget there allready is a reward title for the Questcape, and a little bit of extra work (Lorehound). It would only make sence to have the 3rd Option win.

My only issue with the Lore Hound title is that it's all the quests plus memory crystals and The Voice of Elders. If it included more lore, such as the Bandos' memorys after The Mighty Fall, the Elder Chronicles, etc. I feel it would be a more worthwhile title.

That being said, I would prefer the third option myself, but I'm honestly content with any of the options at this point.
Don't look to hard.

19-Mar-2015 22:46:49

ClueScape
May Member 2021

ClueScape

Posts: 1,033 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi everyone!

I've read through all pages, and this is my opinion on the competition:

There are many games out there where people rush through the storyline and beat a personal record/someone else's record. Is it their first time playing that game? No, it's at least their second playthrough.

As Mod Balance previously mentioned, Jagex are almost 100% sure that someone that already has a quest point cape will win the competition. This competition is for us that has already played the content. We will spacebar through the quests. It's not like we do Broken home the same way the fifth time as the first time. We already know what is going to happen.

High-end players without quest capes stand (almost) no chance against us. If you create a new account, it takes just one day to get all the stats for the novice quests and another day or two to make them ready to be handed in on saturday morning. All in all you'll get more than 100 quest points from the weekend, which a player with only master/grandmaster quests left can't compete against.

I think Jagex should have kept the title Ultimate Quester as it was. And if you want to keep anyone without a beautiful quest point cape from getting the title, win the competition! I'm going to participate and I won't let anyone without the cape beat me!

And as a last note: I still think it's unfair to make "new" players skip lore, but it's a risk they have to take if they want to compete against us. And lastly, all players with quest capes aren't good questers. Many players have used quest guides. And honestly, I can't call someone that follows instructions and get's all solutions for the puzzles an Ultimate Quester .

-Alfred

19-Mar-2015 23:15:24

Nova Thunder
Jul Member 2023

Nova Thunder

Posts: 1,027 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Quest*val King/Queen
makes
more sense then Ultimate Quester
for a
Temporally
Event
type of Quest rush.

I am happy with it, event if I don't participate.

I would love to see Ultimate Quester, for once we have Redo-able quests. Which can be timed.
Runescape player over 10 years - Loves to Quest, and check the lore.

deviantart : thunder-of-light

19-Mar-2015 23:26:13 - Last edited on 19-Mar-2015 23:29:04 by Nova Thunder

FlammaUriah
Sep Member 2012

FlammaUriah

Posts: 1,203 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ClueScape said :
High-end players without quest capes stand (almost) no chance against us. If you create a new account, it takes just one day to get all the stats for the novice quests and another day or two to make them ready to be handed in on saturday morning. All in all you'll get more than 100 quest points from the weekend, which a player with only master/grandmaster quests left can't compete against.

That kinda defeats the purpose of celebrating all the quests though. And all but completing quests is a horrible way to go about a contest like this and kind of insulting I feel.
Don't look to hard.

19-Mar-2015 23:35:21

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

Posts: 20,258 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Raffle said :

because only a sad troll like yourself will vote this option the poll is fine the title as it is now "quest*val king/queen" is fine its now deciding what to do with the old title that was originally going to be given away to the winner as questcape holders it should remain with the questers

and before you go on with yourself about how you have the questcape and it's a one off remember quest bosses tend to get easier at higher combat levels so for a questcape holder my levels are much lower then most, meaning i have to work harder and plan more then a maxed player would have too, will that make me an ultimate quester? since i quest for the lore and enjoyment not for a grind (see your own quote below)

either way stop trolling and shut up for once your always moaning everywhere you post, i have yet to see one complimentary post agreeing your always disagreeing and expecting everyone to listen to you but in reality you need a good slapping

Original message details are unavailable.
Not everybody does quests for the dialogue/lore. Some people like me just do them for the content unlocks. This competition is acknowledging quests in general, not its individual aspects of dialogue enjoyment.

can you try to understand the lore of runescape rather then rushing the quests do you even have a questcape since you like to keep your adventures long on private the event is supposed to celebrate the quests and lore not how fast i can complete it in
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
Beware the Wolves Howl, This will be your final sound
•*º*•›•*º*•

19-Mar-2015 23:58:11 - Last edited on 20-Mar-2015 00:03:06 by Werewolf

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top