Forums

Best Quester Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572

Raffle

Raffle

Posts: 5,433 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have 349 quest points. I don't have a quest cape. In my opinion, the new titles they replaced the Ultimate Quester with are a bit weak. King/Queen of Quest*val? We're the king/queen of something that happened one time? And who are the subjects that are subjected to the king's rule? The title just doesn't really fit, even though it includes quest*val.

There's many other players like me who do quests just for the content. Some do it just for the lore, and some do it for the content + the lore. The ones like me probably aren't as open about it. It's not that the lore is bad, it's just a bit late in rs for me to go back and learn it all.

Me being a maxed player is irrelevant to this situation, because if I were competing in this competition, I'd have to use a new account as I only have 6 quests left to do, so ultimately we're on the same level.

Please refer to the past threads I've posted in within the last week, I've agreed in almost all of them.

Here's the thing about this competition. This competition is not about the celebration of reading dialogues or lore. If you want a celebratory title regarding lore, apply the lorehound title. This is about who can do the quests faster. In an egg race, it's not a race about who knows the most facts about eggs and if there hardshelled or raw, it's a race where you get to point A to point B at the fastest you can.

Again, this competition is, at the least, about lore. It's about who can do the most quests. Now, no one is being forced to spacebar through the quest or forced to read the lore. If you want to win? I'd recommend you spacebar, but if you want to enjoy the quest, by all means read the lore. It's too late to add my option to the poll now, but it is lacking, as some people in this thread liked things how they were, despite if we were the minority.

Seeing as they've removed the good title, I won't be doing the competition anymore, but I wish luck to all. But seriously.. becoming king in a day of something? lol

20-Mar-2015 01:08:54

Cheesequake2

Cheesequake2

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
5. Do I get anything if I don't win, but I take part?
Progress in life? Warm, fuzzy feelings inside

If this were real life someone would be getting struck for this. i can understand jagex throwing out gimmicks to sell more bonds or push their account figures or whatever it is there doing here, but come on, this is just rude.
The last update applied only to those willing to buy TH keys, getting such a high amount of rare coins was only possible that way. the only other way to come close was rushing quests, like so many did, yet it didnt matter because jagex has sold out and the micro payers bought all the rewards in 2-3 days.

So thanks for excluding (hell this is punishment) your most loyal and hardcore players, yet again. How about some updates for the real players? or if you want to make the game enjoyable for newer/lower leveled players, how about fixing the mini games? how about some fun training games for skillers? (think mage training arena, but with decent rewards instead of just a single worthwhile set of gear. how about some decent bonus xp for players that arent maxed out mages? NOPE, go make a new account and grind all night and day to just loose to someone who has never done a single quest, and get absolutly nothing for your time. this is getting ridiculous, we keep waiting for some great update and instead were constantly disappointed and, as proved by the quote above, DISRESPECTED. so keep giving us unrewarding quests, useless skills (Div was a disgrace) and more and more premium content (real world trading is a banable offense so lets see some mods banned (fired) please) and your gonna see your returning LOYAL customer base continue to dwindle as its done for the past few years.

20-Mar-2015 01:11:11

FlammaUriah
Sep Member 2012

FlammaUriah

Posts: 1,203 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If this contest is about who can do quests the fastest than the title "Ultimate Quester" didn't fit either. Someone mock-suggested that the title be Fastest Quester or Fastest Spacebarer or something along those lines, that would be fitting to a contest on speeding through quests. Don't look to hard.

20-Mar-2015 01:12:54

Helring
Mar Member 2005

Helring

Posts: 4,609 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Raffle said :

If you want to win? I'd recommend you spacebar, but if you want to enjoy the quest, by all means read the lore.

This is exactly the problem with this contest. Quest*val is supposed to be about Quest Appreciation. Yet, the contest demands the exact opposite. It demands you skip through most of the quest instead of enjoying it, and you can't go back and enjoy it later because they're not repeatable.

A contest related to Quest Appreciation should not be about not appreciating the quests. It should be "go at you own pace". If someone wants to skip through the dialogue, then they can, but encouraaging people to not fully enjoy the quest is a terrible way to go about this. If you do quests only to get past them to the content, then a Quest Appreciation event should not be for you.

20-Mar-2015 12:10:39

FlammaUriah
Sep Member 2012

FlammaUriah

Posts: 1,203 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Raffle said :
It doesn't anywhere that you have to spacebar. It's not a read the dialogue and enjoy it tourist walk. It's a do the quest race. No one is being forced to space bar.

That kind of defeats the purpose of the Quest*val then, the Festival to celebrate quests?

You know how people say that eating food to fast keeps you from fully enjoying it? Going through quests to fast is kind of the same thing. Beating Broken Home in less than 30 minutes repeatedly has shown me that.

In all honesty the contest would have been fine in it's original form any other time except for this time where we're supposed to be celebrating the quests of Runescape and the upcoming 200th quest.
Don't look to hard.

20-Mar-2015 16:29:59

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

Posts: 20,258 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i plan on dedicating 2 weeks just to do this one quest, not only do i want to take my time and see everything but also too get all the unlocks and level ups and the best gear while simultaneosly replaying the quest a few times too try different options complete the sub parts and see the dialogue if i did something different to the first time. I really want to fully enjoy and fully experience the quest, you cant do that through rushing hence the reason i am going to be giving it 2 weeks of my time and im holding back my 8th 99
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
Beware the Wolves Howl, This will be your final sound
•*º*•›•*º*•

20-Mar-2015 23:10:11

Seraf

Seraf

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So let me get this straight. If i want to participant and have a chance to win a IRL godsword I need to start a new account, train it within 1 week, pay for the new account to train member skills and do member quest, and do this all while I have work and college education stuff to do?

I'm sorry Jagex, but I think this was not thought out entirely through...

21-Mar-2015 02:05:57

Xxbzptrl

Xxbzptrl

Posts: 1,331 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Quest*val queen/king sounds much better. I can understand why did the Ultimate quester title upset people who has qpc/lorehound title. I felt/feel the same way. I don't think, that that title is something that should be handed out for someone who grinds out the most quest points in 2 days. (probably with guides, smashing spacebar through the dialogues. (Just for the record, I don't say, that using guides are wrong and stuff, i admit, i used them for some quests in my weaker moments at elemental workshop 2-3...))
And since the title was originally was for players to get into questing, well, i don't think, that those who don't want qpc, lorehound or other titles through quests or the quest rewards aren't enough for them to do the quests (ancient spells/curses, bane ammo, additional territory/content), i doubt this will give them a taste for quests.

Edit: A title like Ultimate Quester could have been an early bird reward for finishing Dimension of Disaster in the first 24-48h or something.
Edit2: ok, read through all posts now too, not just the half of it like i have at the creation of my original comment. Voted on the 3rd option, since it's quite the same as my first edit.(i just forgot to add the part that it would need a qpc for it, not just the DoD). There is still a reward for the competition and players who love questing for lore, for adventure for story will be rewarded too in this way. To me it's the most preferrable option, since i won't be partaking in the quest*val race, but i love quests and will do the next one too in the first few days after release.
Someone said, that it's not impossible to partake and win in this and win, even if we start a new account. True. but we are in a big disadvantage and this time i'm not up for the challenge. While some of the seasonal hiscores aren't fair either, meaning you probably can't solo zilyana if you've only just beaten Elvarg, but those hiscores last for weeks and return later. Unlike this title.

21-Mar-2015 02:16:19 - Last edited on 21-Mar-2015 02:50:57 by Xxbzptrl

Quester

Quester

Posts: 492 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Allright, Ultimate Quester might not fit the competition, but Quest*val King/Queen also does not in my opinion. How can you be a "King" of a whole event just by winning 1 of the competitions? Also I would rather prefer some title that also reflects being a Quester since you essentially do as many quests as possible. Quest(i)val King - Gamebreaker - Proud CWafkers general - Master Quester and Lorehound - Going for Insane Final Boss

21-Mar-2015 02:50:56

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top