Forums

Best Quester Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572

Xxbzptrl

Xxbzptrl

Posts: 1,331 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Quester said :
Allright, Ultimate Quester might not fit the competition, but Quest*val King/Queen also does not in my opinion. How can you be a "King" of a whole event just by winning 1 of the competitions? Also I would rather prefer some title that also reflects being a Quester since you essentially do as many quests as possible.

*Questival* reflects that well imo. And correct me if i'm wrong, but in the USA there are those prom queens, who are just chosen at a one time popularity contest. (I might be wrong, i'm not from the USA.) Well, it's not entirely the same, since they spent years on building up the popularity, but i have nothing better to compare it.

ps: i ran out of characters in my last post so i'll write it here. Those who partake in the event, good luck, may one of you get the contest title.

21-Mar-2015 02:56:05 - Last edited on 21-Mar-2015 03:48:29 by Xxbzptrl

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

Posts: 20,258 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@quester you re doing as many quests as possible but also as fast as possible skipping the cutscenes and spacebarring the dialogue, doing this just makes the quest a grind since your ignoring the storyline. Imo completing 10, 20 ,30 quests in a day does** make you an ultimate quester i would much rather do 1 quest and get into the plot then do 30 quests where not only have i missed the lore i can't go back and see it again, sped through 1 quest still regret it to this day :( . And i cant do it again unfortunately (birthwright of the drawves)

I missed the storyline in that quest because i wanted to watch somat on tv i dont plan on letting it happen again and will gladly delay a quest if i donthavethe time to complete it properly
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
Beware the Wolves Howl, This will be your final sound
•*º*•›•*º*•

21-Mar-2015 10:56:16

Quester

Quester

Posts: 492 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Werewolf said :
@quester you re doing as many quests as possible but also as fast as possible skipping the cutscenes and spacebarring the dialogue, doing this just makes the quest a grind since your ignoring the storyline. Imo completing 10, 20 ,30 quests in a day does** make you an ultimate quester i would much rather do 1 quest and get into the plot then do 30 quests where not only have i missed the lore i can't go back and see it again, sped through 1 quest still regret it to this day :( . And i cant do it again unfortunately (birthwright of the drawves)

I missed the storyline in that quest because i wanted to watch somat on tv i dont plan on letting it happen again and will gladly delay a quest if i donthavethe time to complete it properly

Thats why I said that Ultimate Quester also does not fit this competition.
Quest(i)val King - Gamebreaker - Proud CWafkers general - Master Quester and Lorehound - Going for Insane Final Boss

21-Mar-2015 13:21:43

Mustangnut

Mustangnut

Posts: 411 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The funniest thing I see in all this is how clueless Jagex is about the heartbeat of their customer base. They give us poll after poll... they give us RuneLabs... everything points to them trying to find out what WE want for the game. Then POW, they give us this ridiculous contest that is completely contrary to the actual heartbeat of the paying customers.

The contest is to complete as many quests as you can in the allotted time... (they proudly state that 14,900 people have completed every quest - these people can't compete unless they create another account). There are people who will finish 99% of quests and then wait until the contest to actually finish the quest... kind of lame in my opinion, but hey... Jagex created the environment for this festering boil to happen.

In my opinion, the title is a badge of shame and disgust, the person who came up with the concept is an idiot.

21-Mar-2015 13:21:58

Rabpyre
Oct Member 2007

Rabpyre

Posts: 2,401 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The only way to make this work would be to allow all players to repeat the quests. Bringing a new account up to grand master quest level in 10 days is unrealistic - even if you were willing to splash out on an additional account.

21-Mar-2015 17:13:10

FlammaUriah
Sep Member 2012

FlammaUriah

Posts: 1,203 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mustangnut said :
The funniest thing I see in all this is how clueless Jagex is about the heartbeat of their customer base. They give us poll after poll... they give us RuneLabs... everything points to them trying to find out what WE want for the game. Then POW, they give us this ridiculous contest that is completely contrary to the actual heartbeat of the paying customers.

In their defense, more often than not the customer themselves don't even know what they want. I am constantly reminded this every day at work. They might be content in what they get, but they realize it's not what they had wanted.

I'm glad they listened to us in regards to changing the title, but I honestly think things like Player Power is a tad harmful to the game, especially after seeing how we wanted a skill cape rework and now they're working on a way to switch between the two appearances.
Don't look to hard.

21-Mar-2015 20:06:38

Strange face
Feb Member 2021

Strange face

Posts: 543 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This competition isn't my style but good luck to those that compete!
On the matter of the strawpoll, In my opinion it should be:
Gold title for the winner
silver title for those with a quest cape in the weekend or get in the top x(500?)
bronze title for all those that compete
"Ultimate quester" as a perm unlock with quest cape.

22-Mar-2015 13:49:55

snowboard
Jun Member 2023

snowboard

Posts: 3,404 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mustangnut said :

The contest is to complete as many quests as you can in the allotted time... (they proudly state that 14,900 people have completed every quest - these people can't compete unless they create another account). There are people who will finish 99% of quests and then wait until the contest to actually finish the quest... kind of lame in my opinion, but hey... Jagex created the environment for this festering boil to happen.

In my opinion, the title is a badge of shame and disgust, the person who came up with the concept is an idiot.

Except for most quest you need to finish others, so you can almost finish like 30 novice quests tops.

22-Mar-2015 22:54:45

mope
May Member 2011

mope

Posts: 466 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm really glad that they at least held a straw poll on this to see that most people really do prefer a fairer version of this.
I fe
el l
ike
cha
sin
g ra
inb
ows.

22-Mar-2015 23:25:43 - Last edited on 22-Mar-2015 23:26:15 by mope

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top