Forums

Best Quester Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572

Nova Thunder
Jul Member 2023

Nova Thunder

Posts: 1,027 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am a Questmaster

I am not fan of creating a new account, in such a short notice, for quests. Since I already have one. With over 10 years of questing. I am a Lorehound, and not interested in repeating quests as the lore are much quite similar.

The title shouldn't be Ultimate Quester, it should be "Rush Quester".

At the least Questmaster should be availlable to those who have all quests done.

Note to other players that there is a Title only availlable to those who did all quests:
Lorehound - Collect all 16 Prifddnas Memoriam crystals, all memoriam crystals on Freneskae, and all pages of The Voice of the Elders (Hefin Agility Course), and complete all quests.
Runescape player over 10 years - Loves to Quest, and check the lore.

deviantart : thunder-of-light

17-Mar-2015 23:53:31

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

Posts: 20,258 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
11 days it will take a quester the entire time to get an account upto standard to complete all f2p quests

11days for a none quester to partially complete 50 odd quests upto talking to that last person to complete the quest and get the points

We get 2 questpoints for completing sheep shearer and cooks assistant in the time it takes someone else to talk to 50 ppl and claim 80 quest points

Theres no way any questcape owner will even have a chance at getting the title when someone that doesnt quest can almost complete a ton of quests while were madly lvling up a new account, to go back to not questing after the event
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
Beware the Wolves Howl, This will be your final sound
•*º*•›•*º*•

18-Mar-2015 00:00:32

ForumHelp

ForumHelp

Forum Moderator Posts: 32 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey guys,

Mod Balance here (typing this on my phone, on my forum noob account as I don't have access to my JMod from home - will verify my identity tomorrow).

We ran a similar competition (albeit with a different prize) during the Clan Cup - everyone who entered had to start a new account. We found that the winning clan was actually a very experienced quester and put their knowledge to good use. They completed the quests in a really methodical way which meant that each reward pushed them up the levels to help them get what they needed in terms of requirements.

If I'm totally honest with you, I think you are the ones thinking about this the most. So, on that basis, I challenge you to set up your accounts to complete as many quests as possible - partially complete them, grind your levels. Seriously... You're the people who are going to win this. You're the quest masters so show it!

You guys have your capes of achievement and we thought this would be a cool way to get players into questing. I'm sad to see a community which is normally so positive about getting people involved in questing become so negative about a contest like this. Especially when I am 99.9% certain that someone with a quest cape will win this anyway! Hence why we explicitly said we'd put it on your main account if you used a new one. However, I do understand your frustrations, so...

The last thing we intended to do was devalue your achievement, we we can take a look at the title tomorrow when the team are together and change it if necessary. I would ask for your suggestions as to what you think would be a good alternative.

Thanks,
Mod Balance

18-Mar-2015 00:05:28 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 00:10:20 by ForumHelp

Lars_keizer

Lars_keizer

Posts: 229 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello Mod Balance. I do believe it's you; don't worry. What is grinding most people's gears I think is the title of Ultimate Quester. Many Questmasters, including myself, might feel like we deserve that title just as much, since we are already ultimate questions as in we have completed all. Apart from that I wouldn't think there's a big problem.

18-Mar-2015 00:20:43

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

Posts: 20,258 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi mod balance cheers for your reply

The problem with the title is "the ultimate quester" which implies the winner as a dedicated quester when this may not be the case

Some alternatives could be

The skillful quester
The fast quester
Learning the lore
Breaking the lore
quick questing

Just Imo but giving a potentially non quester the ultimate title for not questing is really just devaluing the work many questers have put in to see someone walking around calling themselves a mater of quests but never really questing and isnt really appropriate to give anyone that doesnt quest the chance to be crowned the ultimate king/queen of quests

That should be left for the 14,900 questcape owners to compete over

Bruno Mars said :
Seriously... Ultimate Quester? Given to someone that does not normally participate in quests? That is an insult to every quester out there.

^ that the problem we all have is giving a potentially non quester the word ultimate in a title as a reward

As the 200th quest is focused around evil winning and no hero to save the day "breaking the lore" seems like the most fitting quests are all about the lore and its most amusing
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
Beware the Wolves Howl, This will be your final sound
•*º*•›•*º*•

18-Mar-2015 00:22:57 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 00:35:40 by Werewolf

Saphhirra
Jun Member 2011

Saphhirra

Posts: 168 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
From what I am seeing the prevailing thought is that awarding "Ultimate Quester" to someone who will basically spam the space bar for 48 hours then never do a quest again is pointless. If that title is in game, give it to those who have quest cape as of a certain point, lets say 23:59 on March 27th. Give another title to whoever does the best job spamming on the 28th and 29th. ++++
Lorehound
++++
22/27 120's
++++

18-Mar-2015 00:23:21

Raffle

Raffle

Posts: 5,433 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why not just leave it how it is and allow the fastest quester to get the title? It seems like people don't want it to be given out this way simply because only 1 person would get it.. We can't sit around the fire singing kumbaya =p It's a competition.

18-Mar-2015 00:25:49

Raffle

Raffle

Posts: 5,433 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Question. If someone wins, how will you know if they tell the truth about who their main is? Also, will there be live hiscores to look at?

Title Suggestion: I'm fine with how it is now, but if you must change it: "Breaker of Lore" or "Spacebar Quester"

18-Mar-2015 00:42:10 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 01:13:50 by Raffle

bobert walk

bobert walk

Posts: 797 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ForumHelp said :
Hey guys,

Mod Balance here (typing this on my phone, on my forum noob account as I don't have access to my JMod from home - will verify my identity tomorrow).

We ran a similar competition (albeit with a different prize) during the Clan Cup - everyone who entered had to start a new account. We found that the winning clan was actually a very experienced quester and put their knowledge to good use. They completed the quests in a really methodical way which meant that each reward pushed them up the levels to help them get what they needed in terms of requirements.

If I'm totally honest with you, I think you are the ones thinking about this the most. So, on that basis, I challenge you to set up your accounts to complete as many quests as possible - partially complete them, grind your levels. Seriously... You're the people who are going to win this. You're the quest masters so show it!

You guys have your capes of achievement and we thought this would be a cool way to get players into questing. I'm sad to see a community which is normally so positive about getting people involved in questing become so negative about a contest like this. Especially when I am 99.9% certain that someone with a quest cape will win this anyway! Hence why we explicitly said we'd put it on your main account if you used a new one. However, I do understand your frustrations, so...

The last thing we intended to do was devalue your achievement, we we can take a look at the title tomorrow when the team are together and change it if necessary. I would ask for your suggestions as to what you think would be a good alternative.

Thanks,
Mod Balance

Fair enough.

Cheers.
Out in the blue.
Under direct sunlight
Ignite with fire.
And never look back.

18-Mar-2015 00:59:16

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top