Forums

Best Quester Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572

Lacrimamundi

Lacrimamundi

Posts: 300 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FrenzyChaos said :
I have a suggestion that would definitely end this issue for those who had completed all of the quests that were available in the game and it's this:

Create some servers like the beta ones that will remove all the qp when importing your character in so when you log in, you will be in lumbridge automatically and be able to do quests all over again so we won't have to worry much about skilling all over again with alts or be unable to quest on your main account and this will not affect your account in any way by earning more xp or gaining/losing items in the process.

Great idea! Highly supported!

Won't make me turn into a speed quester for this, I still find the idea of rewards for people who give a flying fork about the storylines while questing oddish, but might fix the largest problem for the community: Push account numbers by ridiculous ideas like that and rip people off by forcing them to get another membership.

At least it would bring back a little bit of faith into Jagex gaming community care - and look less greedy.
O tempora, o mores!

17-Mar-2015 18:11:42 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 18:14:39 by Lacrimamundi

Etnies00
Oct Member 2005

Etnies00

Posts: 2,488 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Quest*val .... excellent i thought, since I am a quester with cape and all done on day one etc, quests are what i do
but no it seems quest*val is not for questers!
oh the irony!
Finally a competition that i would love to do
But....
Cant compete in gaining the most quest points since i have none to gain!

17-Mar-2015 18:13:57

Kitty Aether

Kitty Aether

Posts: 153 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I cannot agree with the premise of this competition for many reasons that have been stated already. The whole speed questing aspect detracts from the importance of quests as events that are meaningful to the environment and lore of Gielinor. I thought this was supposed to be a celebration of what made quests special, that is the characters, the story, the adventures you have had and the fond memories you hold from the experiences. I was expecting... a little more nostalgia than what is currently being shown. It's almost as if you, as developers, are not proud of the content that you have created as you want to encourage people rushing through your works of art and not appreciating any of their subtleties. Advertising this as "The Best Quester Competition" while neglecting actual questers is a little bit iffy to me.

Regarding the competition itself, I do not have the time and resources to start and level a new account to the point of "optimum questing speed" so I wish the best to those that actually are participating. I would not mind an alternative reward for current Quest Cape owners (being one myself), but I do not think it is necessary, as any real quester should know, quests are rewards themselves.

It's just a little disappointing that this particular competition seems to completely miss the spirit of questing.
Always a new adventure at

17-Mar-2015 18:37:45

FlammaUriah
Sep Member 2012

FlammaUriah

Posts: 1,203 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CBDREAMS said :
WE PAY WE SAY

We had a say in the skill cape redesign and see where that got us? They're looking into a way to toggle which version you display.

I'm beginning to think the players don't necessarily know what they really want.

------

Back on the topic at hand

Dr Zaius said :
Iceman3317 said :
An idea would be to give a special title to those people who already have the quest point cape before the start of the competition. That is the only fair thing to do.

Because not only are you asking us to spend money on another account, you are also forcing those who care for the lore to level another account.

I second this compromise

I third this.
Don't look to hard.

17-Mar-2015 18:38:29

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top