Forums

Best Quester Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572

FlammaUriah
Sep Member 2012

FlammaUriah

Posts: 1,203 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I came online today super excited about this whole Quest*val thing, and then I see this stupid contest and suddenly all desire to participate in what is supposed to be a fun event goes out the window.

Mod Kalaya said :
Yes, this promotion is not aimed at people like yourselves - we're aware that there are lots of players who do every quest as soon as it comes out and we really appreciate you guys. You're who we want to be at the Q&A's and AMAA's, enjoying the 200th quest and the other activities we're putting on.

Hard to enjoy something when you're being treated like this for doing it when it comes out. Maybe I want to wait until the 300th quest to do any other quests in order to be able to partake in your next contest.

Mod Kalaya said :
There are also another section of players who hardly ever do quests - they don't see the point. They are our who we're trying to reach with this competition, to encourage them to fill up their quest log. It's unfortunate that this isn't something that everyone can be easily included on, but there are options for you to join in if you're dedicated enough and that's why we've given you as much warning as we possibly can.

And so you think it's a good idea to ignore us that actually do quests? Who actually enjoy quests? Good move.

Mod Kalaya said :
We're doing our best to reach as much of the community as possible throughout the Quest*val, and this is aimed at a specific section. Not much more I can do or say, really.

Clearly your best isn't good enough. Telling us with less than two weeks time to prepare to use an alternate account is not your best.

No more hype for quest 200.
Don't look to hard.

17-Mar-2015 17:14:33

The contents of this message have been hidden.

17-Mar-2015 17:16:29

Vrael
May Member 2012

Vrael

Posts: 283 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ultimate Quester eh? Very tempting...

EDIT: After reading through the posts on this thread would it be possible for current Quest Masters to receive an alternate title? I know we have lorehound already but maybe something like Loremaster? Would be nice for those who have played through all other quests and look forward to playing the new ones right away on release :)
V - Leader and Founder of
Athalvard

17-Mar-2015 17:23:03 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 17:27:39 by Vrael

Iceman3317

Iceman3317

Posts: 6,635 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is stupid. I am not gonna pay for another account just to have the title on an account that I will never play. Even if it was to transfer to my own account, it is still stupid.

You spit on questers every time you turn around, yet that is what keeps this game progressing. You screwed us with SoF Spins and TH keys and now you are are doing this crap to us with this. If anything, those who have already completed all quest should get a special title.

You fail to see that even people who don't do quests or don't like them, won't even go for something like this. The person who gets the most quests point will be a no life who rushes through the quests just to be number 1 without actually enjoying them

This...... celebration of quests should only be aimed at those who actually do quests and enjoy them. You are ******** the people who even give a damn.
Come the Sixth-Age, the world will need the World Guardian.

17-Mar-2015 17:41:15 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 18:08:45 by Iceman3317

Iceman3317

Iceman3317

Posts: 6,635 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
An idea would be to give a special title to those people who already have the quest point cape before the start of the competition. That is the only fair thing to do.

Because not only are you asking us to spend money on another account, you are also forcing those who care for the lore to level another account.

Suggestions for that title:

Questmaster
Loremaster
Lore Guru
Master of the Quest
Master of the Lore
Master of Adventure
The True Adventurer (I think I like this one the most)
True Loremaster
True Questmaster
The Adventurer
Come the Sixth-Age, the world will need the World Guardian.

17-Mar-2015 17:50:30 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 18:04:15 by Iceman3317

Dr Zaius

Dr Zaius

Posts: 170 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Iceman3317 said :
An idea would be to give a special title to those people who already have the quest point cape before the start of the competition. That is the only fair thing to do.

Because not only are you asking us to spend money on another account, you are also forcing those who care for the lore to level another account.

I second this compromise

17-Mar-2015 18:07:52

Havocs Reign
Sep Member 2022

Havocs Reign

Posts: 25 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
count me out i love doing quest but not going to make a new account to get a title, you should look back on give us all spins/th keys from the quest we have all done before they started to add this i was quest cape hold for years now and wouldn't mind getting some keys for what i have done since all the new players are getting them for the quest i have already completed. thanks for the title chance on comp cape accounts.

17-Mar-2015 18:09:31

Lacrimamundi

Lacrimamundi

Posts: 300 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jake Bass said :
By all means give this winner the title... But give all other quest masters the title later.

I worked damn hard on my account. I don't want to have to start all over again for a title that I feel, and I imagine most of the questing community feels, that we have achieved.

Yes, we have lorehound. But Lorehound and Ultimate Quester are different. Ultimate Quester is purely quests. Lorehound is quests AND extra lore activities.

It's like the difference between Comp and Trim. We have the trim, so we deserve the comp.

No please!

That gives too much value to this "speed quester" title, imo.

Atm at least we all know what's behind this tile, leave it like that, if there is not another solution possible.

A quest master has a quest cape already, what do we need a titel for?!?

Don't devalue the capes for titles, don't raise the value of a crazy title like this one by claiming it as a reward for serious quest lovers. Bad idea!
O tempora, o mores!

17-Mar-2015 18:10:28

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top