Best Quester Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572

Helring
Mar Member 2005

Helring

Posts: 4,609 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Quester said :
Raffle said :
It makes more sense to have someone who can get the most quest points in one day to have the ultimate quester title, rather than just hand it out to people with a quest cape. Why? The people who have done every quest in the game are just questers. The ultimate quester plans and strategizes on what he/she must complete to get the most points in a day.

You can't have a competition where people are supposed to actually enjoy the quests while they're competing for a title. That's not the point of it. This isn't "We're going to sit around the fire and sing Kumbaya and read all the dialogues in the quests and whoever happens to do have the most qps in the end wins".

Glad some people think alike. Completely agree. If you enjoy the dialog and lore, you shouldn't participate in this competition.

If you fully enjoy everything about the quests, then you shouldn't participate in the competition for questers?

18-Mar-2015 11:05:44

Quester

Quester

Posts: 492 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Helring said :
Quester said :
Raffle said :
It makes more sense to have someone who can get the most quest points in one day to have the ultimate quester title, rather than just hand it out to people with a quest cape. Why? The people who have done every quest in the game are just questers. The ultimate quester plans and strategizes on what he/she must complete to get the most points in a day.

You can't have a competition where people are supposed to actually enjoy the quests while they're competing for a title. That's not the point of it. This isn't "We're going to sit around the fire and sing Kumbaya and read all the dialogues in the quests and whoever happens to do have the most qps in the end wins".

Glad some people think alike. Completely agree. If you enjoy the dialog and lore, you shouldn't participate in this competition.

If you fully enjoy everything about the quests, then you shouldn't participate in the competition for questers?

Editted the post, missed a line.
Quest(i)val King - Gamebreaker - Proud CWafkers general - Master Quester and Lorehound - Going for Insane Final Boss

18-Mar-2015 11:07:24

[#EQR31O4WN]

[#EQR31O4WN]

Posts: 481 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ultimate Quester does not mean how many quest points you can achieve in one day, in fact someone could actually do nearly all the quests while leaving some out and yet win the title, that makes them the ultimate quester? lol just no.

If you are going to compete for a title, atleast make the title more suited for the competition and not make it sound like you are something when you are not lol. Lets say they changed it to "Ultimate Quest*val", that actually sounds more fitting because it shows people they won a quest competition and doesn't make it sound like they are the best quester which "Ultimate Quester" does.

Lets have a competition to see how many comp requirements you can complete in a day then and give them the title "Ultimate Completionist" because they ran through a bunch of comp req and most likely wont finish them all yet that make them the "Ultimate Completionist"? when there are people actually who have completed all the requirements lol.

18-Mar-2015 11:11:48 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 11:12:24 by [#EQR31O4WN]

Sonja Grier
Jun Member 2023

Sonja Grier

Posts: 325 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1st of, I hope everyone here is allready aware that
the Title was changed
, due to complaints.
Even if I would like to get some sort of reward from being a Questmaster before the Quest*val, I feel like the discussion about that belongs into an entirely different thread.

Good luck to all the Adventurers
that are going to compete, and congratz in advance to the winner, regardless of who it is.

Maybe some people will acctually find a liking in Questing and keep on questing after the competition ends!
Jojo - Still cannot decide who's better:
Guthix
or
Zaros

18-Mar-2015 11:25:16

Helring
Mar Member 2005

Helring

Posts: 4,609 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sonja Grier said :
1st of, I hope everyone here is allready aware that
the Title was changed
, due to complaints.
Even if I would like to get some sort of reward from being a Questmaster before the Quest*val, I feel like the discussion about that belongs into an entirely different thread.

Good luck to all the Adventurers
that are going to compete, and congratz in advance to the winner, regardless of who it is.

Maybe some people will acctually find a liking in Questing and keep on questing after the competition ends!

If they keep on speed questing like this competition encourages, then this competition was more harmful then if they quit after.

18-Mar-2015 11:26:27

State Bird

State Bird

Posts: 1,095 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It seems like a lot of the negativity is now gone from this thread, which is good.
You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time

I will be in the running (I'll most likely forget that day though... I'm very forgetful :P ). I know some of the quests I've completed before on an older account I will skip through them. But for quests like While Guthix Sleeps , League's End , and even Smoking Kills , I will read through each dialog because some are funny and witty and I love reading the references from other things. :D

Good luck to those I'll be competing against! (If I remember that day!!) ;)

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.

18-Mar-2015 12:15:01 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 12:16:35 by State Bird

Dragonkng198

Dragonkng198

Posts: 173 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dragonkng198 said :
Hoping to confirm this because why not take part, I've got nothing better to do

Can I partially complete quests and just hand them in on the weekend for them to count, or do the quests have to be started on the weekend for them to count?

I'd really love a heads-up here, it'll change how I work the weekend out, if a J-mod could be so kind <3

18-Mar-2015 12:47:57 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 12:48:26 by Dragonkng198

FlammaUriah
Sep Member 2012

FlammaUriah

Posts: 1,203 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dragonkng198 said :
Dragonkng198 said :
Hoping to confirm this because why not take part, I've got nothing better to do

Can I partially complete quests and just hand them in on the weekend for them to count, or do the quests have to be started on the weekend for them to count?

I'd really love a heads-up here, it'll change how I work the weekend out, if a J-mod could be so kind <3

Mod Balance mentioned this tactic on his ForumHelp post, so I would assume that it's stoll allowed, since they haven't said otherwise, even if the thought of doing so makes me sick.
Don't look to hard.

18-Mar-2015 13:03:28

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Raffle said :
Mod Balance said :
Quest*val King/Queen... How would that work for you guys?

( My post from ForumHelp is legit)

First off, to everyone whose saying they're a quest caper and shouldnt have to spend that much money on a new account for levels and time? It was a title that only 1 person would get in the entire game. It's pretty fair if you think about it. 8m for a chance at a title only one person will get. If you can't afford it, don't go for it.

I wish you'd kept it at Ultimate Quester. The people here that are complaining about the previous title you had set in place, are people who don't have much of a good reason to dislike the competition. They're expecting to be given a headstart in a race all because they've ran the track before.

The thing about the previous title is that it was something actually worth going for. It sounded nice. Quest*val King/Queen sounds a little nooby to want to go for. If these questers that have been complaining about the title actually cared about questing , they would be trying to tell Jagex to try 'not' to focus on the non-questers and continue to make quests like you did in the past (With actual quests requirements and levels), because you can't appeal and shouldn't lower the standard of questing for the non questers.

Completely agree with this, revert or riot. Besides iirc quest capers already have a title, it called lorehound. No need to devalue another title just because qpcers dont have a good chance of getting it.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

18-Mar-2015 13:18:44 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 13:22:12 by Draco Burnz

Sonja Grier
Jun Member 2023

Sonja Grier

Posts: 325 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Helring said :
Sonja Grier said :

If they keep on speed questing like this competition encourages, then this competition was more harmful then if they quit after.

Was it though? If thats what they think is best, let them do it. Not everyone has to be interested in the Lore of a game. In fact there are some people who don't even know RuneScape HAS a story. After all RuneScape doesn't shove Lore down your throat, you will have to look for it. Thats how it was, is and will be, and it is what makes RS what it is. Rambling about this stuff helps noone, might as well be positve.
Jojo - Still cannot decide who's better:
Guthix
or
Zaros

18-Mar-2015 13:38:03

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top