Forums

Best Quester Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572

Amaterasu
Aug Member 2011

Amaterasu

Posts: 819 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Viperfang said :
I have to voice my disappointment with this contest.
Like many who have posted here, I have a quest cape, I do quests when they are released, and enjoy quest content immensely. It seems to be missing the point of questing altogether to have a speed based competition for it. Your stated intention of attracting more people to doing quests is great, it really is, but your choice of title, and the nature of the competition offend nearly the entire community of people who genuinely enjoy the content. Telling us to create a 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th) account just to participate is insulting to many of us.

I know you're still going to run this contest, but could we see some sort of concession for the *actual* quest masters? The best questers that already exist? I personally want to see the title be more low-key and more appropriate. Something that doesn't spit in the eye of the community of players who support you time and time again. Whether it's One small favour, or While guthix sleeps, we've been there for YOU, please remember that and listen to US.

Well said
Have fun skilling and killing!
Toxic Serenity
Have fun skilling and killing!

17-Mar-2015 20:36:16

Deacon Blues

Deacon Blues

Posts: 4,467 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Quester said :
Speed questing is also a style of gameplay that the majority of RS already does all the time, "spacebarring" through quests. People that want to enjoy the lore don't have to participate in this competition. I see it would encourage it yes, but since it is already a big part of the game it does not matter significantly.

If Jagex change the title that can be won into "The Spacebarrer" or "The Guide Reader", I agree. But calling the spacebarrers "Ultimate Quester"? That's a slap in the face to any real quester / lorehound.

Edit: Considering what Kalaya said about this competition motivating people who normally wouldn't do quests, I have decided the perfect reward would be the title "
the Reluctant Quester
".
Once you go NXT, you never go back.

Ceterum censeo Saradominem esse delendam.

17-Mar-2015 20:37:55 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 20:43:22 by Deacon Blues

Darlantan

Darlantan

Posts: 3,189 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd happily attempt to complete as many quests as possible in a day just for the fun of the competition. However, spending money on a new account and training said account as fast as possible for the actual competition removes all sense of enjoyment for me (not to mention my life does not provide the free time to do so). I've always considered myself first and foremost a quester and I'm severely disappointed that is the very reason I cannot even participate in this questing competition.

I also find the choice of name for the reward title to be very poorly chosen. The aim of this competition is to evidently provide non-questers a reason to go questing; to reward the 'victor' of such players with a title suggesting the player is the greatest quester of all time is, quite frankly, an insult to those of us who live and breathe for questing. Personally, quests are the very reason I still play Runescape. To see such an accolade be deemed a reward meant for non-questers leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

However, I do believe the godsword is an extremely well-suited reward to such a competition.

17-Mar-2015 20:39:51

Blue Raivyn

Blue Raivyn

Posts: 4,481 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

The sad thing is that the winner of this competition is gonna be someone who is not a regular player with their low to mid level account who never bothered much with quests, but an alt of someone who already has a quest cape and is in end game, who will minmax an account to prepare, pay for the membership bond for that account from their main, start and all but complete the last step of as many quests as possible for the advantage while spamming their spacebar in a race against time to complete their quest by quest plan before invoking that 23 hour autolog.

An "Ultimate Quester" title for this? This is.. for lack of a better word, ridiculous.
Overseer of
Legion of Wanderers

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

17-Mar-2015 21:30:11 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 21:32:06 by Blue Raivyn

FlammaUriah
Sep Member 2012

FlammaUriah

Posts: 1,203 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blue Raivyn said :

The sad thing is that the winner of this competition is gonna be someone who is not a regular player with their low to mid level account who never bothered much with quests, but an alt of someone who already has a quest cape and is in end game, who will minmax an account to prepare, pay for the membership bond for that account from their main, start and all but complete the last step of as many quests as possible for the advantage while spamming their spacebar in a race against time to complete their quest by quest plan before invoking that 23 hour autolog.

An "Ultimate Quester" title for this? This is.. for lack of a better word, ridiculous.

Wow, I hadn't even thought of this.

Even less support for it now.
Don't look to hard.

17-Mar-2015 21:34:20

Boss Butcher
Jul Member 2012

Boss Butcher

Posts: 1,366 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Basically you (jagex) are saying to the loyal players who got a quest cape or a lot quest points to make a new account, pay for membership and spend time in that aswell to have a chance at winning? Come on what have you guys been smoking, give me some.

May the best conversation skipper win, instead of the person with the most interest in the lore... Something like making physical sculpture for the 200th quest would've been a fair challenge for the loyal players aswell. I kinda feel like filtered out of this competition after effort and loyality.. but oh well.

EDIT:
Last thing, there are peoples that really went into depth about the RS lore and deserve the title more than anyone.. I enjoyed all the quests that I've done but I know peoples that were like really creepy about questing. The information they knew etc. And now, trust me on this, a random player who no one ever heard of will claim the title by skipping all convo's and after will never be heard of again. If I could curse I would, but I won't.. I hate the "**" symbols.
I might break more than alcohol can repair.

17-Mar-2015 21:43:21 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 21:45:56 by Boss Butcher

Hex Maniac
Nov Member 2023

Hex Maniac

Posts: 1,996 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Here's an idea, have two versions of the title, one Gold version of the title for whoever wins this competition, and one white/cyan version for those that already have the quest cape.
Every raids drop obtained 16/02/16 (Pre-Raid Boss pets)

Gamebreaker

17-Mar-2015 21:50:40

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top