Forums

Best Quester Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572

Ratna Petit
Feb Member 2008

Ratna Petit

Posts: 1,267 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How can you even hold a "Best Quester Competition" when we haven't even
gotten a TRIMMED QUEST POINT CAPE yet????

Even Old-School RS has a Trimmed Quest Cape .

And yeah, even with the title change, it's ridiculous that you expect people to
just no-life like crazy and still not have all the reqs when there are people who
"cbf to do boring quests", "quests suck", etc.

Not to mention, you even did a Skillcape rework! Granted, you didn't update the Quest
cape (thankfully, because the new capes look inferior to the originals) and it was a
graphics update but why not just throw in a trimmed cape?

Please stop throwing your Questing Community into the garbage!

(For further funfact, I own a Quest Point Cape on both RuneScape 3 and OldSchool RS
and I am not very fond of this one-sided competition trash.)
Ohapute~!

18-Mar-2015 17:43:44

Freddan

Freddan

Posts: 28 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm really looking forward to the quest*val, but the competition for the title has to be changed, first of all, I think that only people who have got quest capes should be allowed to have the title, otherwise it would just be pathetic, a person who hasn't even completed all quest doesn't deserve a title like that.
Secondly, the competition itself is a bit stupid...
What makes a good quester? The ability to skip dialogue and lore as fast as possible? I don't think so, but that is what the winner of the title is gonna be good at, questing is all about diving into the lore of runescape, not skipping it...
I think that you should have some kind of quest-lore-quiz, and the winner of that would get the title, that would truly test how good you are at questing, and if someone without a questcape would win the quiz, then they should unlock the title, but they should not be able to use it until they have earned their questcape. Maybe you can claim it from the wise old man?

18-Mar-2015 17:56:38

Kyle Fer
Dec Member 2009

Kyle Fer

Posts: 930 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What if I have about 15 quests at maybe 1-2 more minutes of questing to complete them? Is that even fair to other compeditors?

Technically I can have 15 tough quests finished within one hour of this competitions start because of this.

18-Mar-2015 18:33:31

Viperfang

Viperfang

Posts: 142 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just want to say to the jmods, thank you for valuing our input on this matter.

I still think the contest is flawed, and am peeved about not actually being able to participate, but at least you did what many of us asked - changed the title to something far more appropriate.

I'll (hopefully) see you all at broken home speed run on friday (work permitting of course)

18-Mar-2015 19:23:08

Helring
Mar Member 2005

Helring

Posts: 4,609 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yusou Bhoroi said :

I agree with Helring, about the quest perhaps being harmful, in that it glamorises, and encourages lore-avoidance (found that a little ironic, coming from that source, though :p ), and perhaps the title would work best, if everything said, while wearing it, was just rendered as spaces? :D

What do you mean that its ironic coming from me? I love the lore =)

18-Mar-2015 19:58:03

Zyphix
Sep Member 2010

Zyphix

Posts: 3,919 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wait? Another unfair competition? What about people that already have 99 leveled secondary accounts and thus have the requirements to complete more than others? I guess that's totally fair. Whatever.

BTW, your 99 skill capes have a graphic fart near the bottom of the backs of them that makes the texture on the base look like a skidmark. Also, the tassels on the front, barely there; may as well not be there. Thicken those up a bit, maybe? *Although wearing that thing, it looks rather odd and heavy to carry around all of RS.
Clan:
l||l°~
Void Nation
~°l||l
|
20+ Veteran
|
Balance is Eternal

JAGeX Verified Clan Site:
voidnation.boards.n3t

18-Mar-2015 19:59:02 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 23:33:26 by Zyphix

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top