Forums

Best Quester Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572

Amascut
Aug Member 2013

Amascut

Posts: 21,623 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ignoring the Godsword, which is the core prize of this competition, shouldn't the 10 participants who won the Quest Clan Cup a few months back receive the title as well?

One group (Clan Loarnab's team) completed all the Free-to-play Quests before any other team, and have earned an in-game reference in Quest 200 plus some additional cool prizes.

My group (Clan The Scrying Pool's team) completed the most quests in an entire week, with one of our members finishing While Guthix Sleeps from a brand new account in that space of one week. We also earned an in-game reference in Quest 200 plus the additional awesome stuff.

But this new title. This is something you can show off on your individual character, and not just as a clan. Shouldn't the 10 of us that took the time to participate in the Clan Cup and win get this title as well? Especially on The Scrying Pool's side, as we did what this competition was, but for 4 extra days.
@Fannygirdle on Twitter | Co-Owner of The Scrying Pool, a future updates and lore clan

18-Mar-2015 14:24:52

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,096 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thank you for changing the title reward for this competition. The original one felt like a slap in the face for many of those who have already completed every quest.

Saying we could make a new account to take part is nonsense tbh. There isn't enough time to train up a new, or even an existing low level alt, to be able to compete with a reasonable chance of winning. There's this thing called ( those with a sensitive disposition avert your eyes now)........ "
real life
" that also needs time spending on it. :P

18-Mar-2015 14:28:15

Quester

Quester

Posts: 492 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Draco Burnz said :
Raffle said :
Mod Balance said :
Quest*val King/Queen... How would that work for you guys?

( My post from ForumHelp is legit)

First off, to everyone whose saying they're a quest caper and shouldnt have to spend that much money on a new account for levels and time? It was a title that only 1 person would get in the entire game. It's pretty fair if you think about it. 8m for a chance at a title only one person will get. If you can't afford it, don't go for it.

I wish you'd kept it at Ultimate Quester. The people here that are complaining about the previous title you had set in place, are people who don't have much of a good reason to dislike the competition. They're expecting to be given a headstart in a race all because they've ran the track before.

The thing about the previous title is that it was something actually worth going for. It sounded nice. Quest*val King/Queen sounds a little nooby to want to go for. If these questers that have been complaining about the title actually cared about questing , they would be trying to tell Jagex to try 'not' to focus on the non-questers and continue to make quests like you did in the past (With actual quests requirements and levels), because you can't appeal and shouldn't lower the standard of questing for the non questers.

Completely agree with this, revert or riot. Besides iirc quest capers already have a title, it called lorehound. No need to devalue another title just because qpcers dont have a good chance of getting it.

Agreed, like I said before.
Quest(i)val King - Gamebreaker - Proud CWafkers general - Master Quester and Lorehound - Going for Insane Final Boss

18-Mar-2015 14:54:01

One Armder
Mar Member 2011

One Armder

Posts: 764 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for changing the Title the old one was a slap in the face for our quest cape holders. That being said we are celebrating all things quest and I feel those who have a quest cape should get a special reward out of it or if not for this event give us an item rewarded in the 200th quest much like what the quest helm was all that time ago
Madness be with you all!!
One Armder (RS and Runiters Madgod)

18-Mar-2015 15:03:45

Quester

Quester

Megycal said :
Thank you for changing the title reward for this competition. The original one felt like a slap in the face for many of those who have already completed every quest.

Saying we could make a new account to take part is nonsense tbh. There isn't enough time to train up a new, or even an existing low level alt, to be able to compete with a reasonable chance of winning. There's this thing called ( those with a sensitive disposition avert your eyes now)........ "
real life

I have exams next week, and normal school this week. Still I'm training a new account when I can to participate, so it is not complete nonsense.
Quest(i)val King - Gamebreaker - Proud CWafkers general - Master Quester and Lorehound - Going for Insane Final Boss

18-Mar-2015 15:04:23

One Armder
Mar Member 2011

One Armder

Posts: 764 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Quester said :
Megycal said :

real life

I have exams next week, and normal school this week. Still I'm training a new account when I can to participate, so it is not complete nonsense.

You have missed her point she is not saying its complete nonsense that you cant train up an account shes saying its nonsense because in order to really compete to win you would have to train your account up to grandmaster level which will take more time than many of us have and def more time than a couple of weeks
Madness be with you all!!
One Armder (RS and Runiters Madgod)

18-Mar-2015 16:00:56

Quester

Quester

One Armder said :
Quester said :
Megycal said :

real life

You have missed her point she is not saying its complete nonsense that you cant train up an account shes saying its nonsense because in order to really compete to win you would have to train your account up to grandmaster level which will take more time than many of us have and def more time than a couple of weeks

True, but personally I don't think, even with the stalling of quests, that it's possible to complete all quests in 2 days. Also I doubt that there are many accounts out there with sub 10 quest points and grandmaster stats (currently know of 1, and he is not participating)

18-Mar-2015 16:24:27

Kan Hidum

Kan Hidum

Posts: 38 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well after reading some of other players and seeing at how Jagex changed the title...
First thing first, thank Zaros they changed the title, i would love to get it but there is no way for people who actually love quests to do anything towards it and it will really be unfair to us.
Next thing, i think ill use next weekend to try and do as many quests as i can but ill be sure to read everything haha
So everyone have fun questing!

-Kan-

18-Mar-2015 17:25:50

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Posts: 8,551 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Interesting seeing the comments here..

Glad you decided to change the title, and I agree that this is just one, out of many events, and is targeted at a specific demographic.

I agree with Helring, about the quest perhaps being harmful, in that it glamorises, and encourages lore-avoidance (found that a little ironic, coming from that source, though :p ), and perhaps the title would work best, if everything said, while wearing it, was just rendered as spaces? :D

Jokes aside, I hope the competition manages to encourage people to participate in content, and not avoid it, too much (although folks won't win by just exacerbating, and will need to plan, too.. I think it risks encouraging such content avoidance).

Good luck with the rest of the Quest*val. :)

18-Mar-2015 17:30:46

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top