Forums

Best Quester Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572

Helring
Mar Member 2005

Helring

Posts: 4,609 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Do you see how making your main competition (and lets be honest giving out a Godsword and a unique title means this is your main event) for people who dislike quests is kind of a bad plan during an event to celebrate quests?

You're literally making it so people who enjoy quests have to pay you to compete, and not take the time to enjoy the quests to have a chance. Quests are not a competitive activity and they should not be treated as so.

2 alternatives:

A better suggestion would have been to give people 2 weeks to complete all f2p quests. This wouldn't have required any rushing of quests. So people could take thier time and enjoy them. It also wouldn't have required paying for another account in order to compete. Anyone who completed the challenge would have been awarded the title.

Or, give a title to anyone who completes a quest during the weekend. This would include broken home for those of us with quest capes already.

18-Mar-2015 20:00:09

Quester

Quester

Posts: 492 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, that defeats the "competition" intention.

Meanwhile, still going strong on skilling for my alt :3 Got all novice quest reqs out of the way and closing in on all intermediate. That is with 2 full days of school.
Quest(i)val King - Gamebreaker - Proud CWafkers general - Master Quester and Lorehound - Going for Insane Final Boss

18-Mar-2015 20:33:57 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 20:34:19 by Quester

Vexed Forest
Dec Member 2023

Vexed Forest

Posts: 2,059 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This seems like a very circumstantial competition, especially if you don't have many quests left and they all require high skills. Making a new account is also pretty hard to do.

Oh well. Good luck everybody! Really wish I could get that godsword.......maybe I could try making my own?

18-Mar-2015 20:40:08

Ratna Petit
Feb Member 2008

Ratna Petit

Posts: 1,267 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The problem is that it's a rigged competition.

*Not everyone can afford to make a new account in barely a week and a half and
expect to get anywhere with it.

Increased membership costs/bonds being 8mill and likely rising because of this
plus the supplies and time wasted on levelling the account.

This is not a competition at all. It's typical RuneScape 3 where you have to have money
to get anywhere, IRL and In-game.

Even as a very avid quester, I won't be taking part in this event because of the
silly terms they put on it.

It's just like when they added spins/keys to quest rewards and told all quest cape
owners that they wouldn't be getting any, albeit having already bitten the bullet
and did all the quests which was total BS'ery.
­­
And WE STILL DON'T HAVE A TRIMMED QUEST CAPE.
Rs3 is behind OSRS . . . .­­
Ohapute~!

18-Mar-2015 20:43:48

Quester

Quester

Allright, yes I agree with most of the statements said here that questers have had it very rough for a pretty long time in RS3. Have noticed it myself, and I'm also pretty angry about that.

Back to the competition. If there was any way to make a competition around quests that got to involve everyone, even those with all quest complete, jagex would have done that. And that would have been the best situation possible. Unfortunately runescape quests are not replayable except for 1. This is a real shame but nothing that they can do about it at this point.

Even though it is unfair for quest capers yes, the competition itself is a good idea with the resources we have available. And jagex also tried to give quest capers a chance by making the title be transferred to your main. They could have notified us a month or so before the actual event that this was going to happen though so that we could have been more prepared. Unfortunately this was not the case but, even though a great shame, it does not give a reason to cancel the whole competition.

This is how I see it atleast.
Quest(i)val King - Gamebreaker - Proud CWafkers general - Master Quester and Lorehound - Going for Insane Final Boss

18-Mar-2015 20:54:14 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 20:55:47 by Quester

Ratna Petit
Feb Member 2008

Ratna Petit

It doesn't have to be cancelled. Just don't reward people who were too lazy to
do the content to begin with.

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink.

Aside from this, we Questers, you included, worked hard for our achievements, did we not?

We also pay for this content to play. Why do we get excluded just because we actually
cared enough to do the content we are given?

It's completely unfair and makes zero sense whatsoever. It's a horrible business tactic
as well.

If you just turn a blind-eye to your paying customers they're bound to get agitated
and stop supporting your company.

They're trying to entice people who think quests are boring, and that they suck and
don't give a flying f**k about the lore, to do the quests, for a title.

The players who partake in the event will just be spamming through the conversations,
which I'm sure Mod Osborne didn't plan on them doing with his hard work.

If you don't do the quests, you shouldn't be given anything more than their reward.

Nothing more, if that is not enough to entice you, then don't play the content.

This is just excluding hard-working players who have actually taken the time to get
the cape without all this garbage being awarded to someone who does what thousands
have already done. It's unjust, unfair, and down-right abysmal to think they'd
once again leave out their faithful Questing Community.

A complete and utter shame.
Ohapute~!

18-Mar-2015 22:22:42 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 22:23:55 by Ratna Petit

Bodi
Mar Member 2020

Bodi

Posts: 124 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aww :( would have loved to participate for that irl godsword, but the chances of being the winner are close to none with that many pro-questers out there.

Creating, lvling and questing on a new account for a title isn't worth it if you ask me, so i'm out.

Good luck to all participants out there though!

18-Mar-2015 22:34:09 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 22:36:12 by Bodi

Quester

Quester

Ratna Petit said :
It doesn't have to be cancelled. Just don't reward people who were too lazy to
do the content to begin with.

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink.

Aside from this, we Questers, you included, worked hard for our achievements, did we not?

We also pay for this content to play. Why do we get excluded just because we actually
cared enough to do the content we are given?

It's completely unfair and makes zero sense whatsoever. It's a horrible business tactic
as well.

If you just turn a blind-eye to your paying customers they're bound to get agitated
and stop supporting your company.

They're trying to entice people who think quests are boring, and that they suck and
don't give a flying f**k about the lore, to do the quests, for a title.

The players who partake in the event will just be spamming through the conversations,
which I'm sure Mod Osborne didn't plan on them doing with his hard work.

If you don't do the quests, you shouldn't be given anything more than their reward.

Nothing more, if that is not enough to entice you, then don't play the content.

This is just excluding hard-working players who have actually taken the time to get
the cape without all this garbage being awarded to someone who does what thousands
have already done. It's unjust, unfair, and down-right abysmal to think they'd
once again leave out their faithful Questing Community.

A complete and utter shame.

Jep, you are right. But what would a solution be then? How could the current competition be changed so that it's fair for us too?

18-Mar-2015 22:52:39

Ratna Petit
Feb Member 2008

Ratna Petit

"Congratulations, you have completed [insert quest here.]"

[list rewards here]

All the reward a quest should give you. Nothing more.

As for the competition? They don't deserve recognition for anything. You can hold a
competition without a huge reward. The "Quest*val King/Queen" title is fine, but it
won't be earned, whoever wins it. It will likely be someone who was too lazy to do
the quests to begin with, because you people creating new accounts won't have nearly
as much progress as they do.

Now, to steal a previous posts idea!

Rewarded upon Achieving the Quest Cape (requiring all quests completed)
Title: "[player name] the Adventurer"

Rewarded upon Achieving all Quests complete + all task sets (like OSRS)
Title: "[player name] the True Adventurer"
(Requires the TRIMMED QUEST CAPE THEY SHOULD HAVE MADE WITH THE
UPDATE WHERE THEY MADE SKILLCAPES INDETERMINABLE IN YOUR BANK.)

­­To be brutally honest, you might as well be saying they should make Tier-90 stats
armour for 1-defence people.

If you don't earn it to begin with, you don't deserve rewards anyway.

They don't want to play the quests? Fine! Forget them. Their loss. They miss out
on great rewards due to their own laziness. A shame. Oh well.­­
Ohapute~!

18-Mar-2015 22:59:03 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 23:05:50 by Ratna Petit

Quester

Quester

Well I don't completely agree with "they deserve nothing". There are probably loads of players that just didn't do quests because they didn't feel like doing them. This will be a motivation for them to start doing them, as a competition. Maybe even competing with friends. Like I previously mentioned, spacebarring is (even though I also find it a huge waste) still what the majority of rs players do and it is a style to play quests with. (personal opinion obviously)

And about the 2 titles you mentioned at the bottom of your post, those could be better implemented as an update. Was no real answer to what could be changed about the current competition :P

18-Mar-2015 23:12:38 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 23:19:29 by Quester

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top