Forums

Best Quester Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572

MsGenesis
Dec Member 2012

MsGenesis

Posts: 1,072 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CeddyyBearr said :
It's good as it is right now, It's good that low levels have something to go for :) The game is not only about the high level players
You start the game as low level player aiming to become a high level player, you do quests to gain the rewards to help you... We don't wake up being able to do all the high level content.. This is only encouraging speed questing without actually reading the lore..
~Toxic
Serenity~

A perfect community, Built together through peace and growth

17-Mar-2015 20:07:01

Quester

Quester

Posts: 492 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
MsGenesis said :
CeddyyBearr said :
It's good as it is right now, It's good that low levels have something to go for :) The game is not only about the high level players
You start the game as low level player aiming to become a high level player, you do quests to gain the rewards to help you... We don't wake up being able to do all the high level content.. This is only encouraging speed questing without actually reading the lore..

Anything wrong with that? Speed questing is also a style of gameplay that the majority of RS already does all the time, "spacebarring" through quests. People that want to enjoy the lore don't have to participate in this competition. I see it would encourage it yes, but since it is already a big part of the game it does not matter significantly.
Quest(i)val King - Gamebreaker - Proud CWafkers general - Master Quester and Lorehound - Going for Insane Final Boss

17-Mar-2015 20:11:47 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 20:15:27 by Quester

[#EQR31O4WN]

[#EQR31O4WN]

Posts: 481 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*facepalm*

The only goal of this competition is to speed through all the quests. How does that make you a "ultimate quester"?

To me, an ultimate quester is someone who actually does all the quests and the content it provides (such as mini quests, extra hidden content after quests) rather than someone who main goal was to rush through every quest to see how many quest points they can obtain.

I have no problem with the competition but giving someone the title "ultimate quester" for rushing for quests? that is not right. Rather they give a more suitable title or just stick with the godsword and give some jmods signed pictures.

17-Mar-2015 20:16:03

Dinosparky
Jul Member 2011

Dinosparky

Posts: 1,358 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i understand this competition is aimed to a certain group of ppl, but my only "issue" is the unique thing being awarded for it.

yes it does incentive more ppl to take part on it, but for prizes that "rare" i think it should have been on competition with a broader public target

this competition itself is fine.

i suppose if someone isnt part of the target/"elegible" ppl and still really want to part on it, could you get that gut in lumbridge to reset your stats?(also marks as not done all combat related quests i believe)

im not sure if that would work for this competition(buying confirmation thx), but its an option i guess.
m exp in defence. Dam Nastroth you lurer.
link url= ] text here /link]

17-Mar-2015 20:16:55

MrNecrosis
Dec Member 2012

MrNecrosis

Posts: 339 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I seriously hate this idea, the way I see it as stated above is that were being encouraged to rush through all the lore and story the quests give and being an avid quest lover I think this is awful.

Also since this account is comped (currently going for trim) and I have a HC Ironman that I level as well, I don't want to have to make a 3rd account that I also have to level up with a 10 day time limit on it (which may cost my main money and also me a lot of time in the process) to go for a title everyone with quest cape should get.

I would love the title myself and I understand it's a competition so I would quite happily agree that it shouldn't just be handed out and I would welcome it even if I was able to replay the quests on this account all over again as though I hadn't completed them and earn points towards the competition equal to the QP I would of earned I would spend the next 10 days replaying every single quest again for a chance at the title...

CeddyyBearr said :

Low level - Mid level players have a lot of things to do, I have lots to do on my ironman even with the restrictions they have, also all lower - mid level players aim to level up to become those high level players, I get they should have a chance but why does that mean because I've done well at the game I'm not entitled to the title? (which is a title I would love to wear as my main title)

17-Mar-2015 20:17:52 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 20:21:12 by MrNecrosis

MsGenesis
Dec Member 2012

MsGenesis

Posts: 1,072 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Quester said :
MsGenesis said :
CeddyyBearr said :

Anything wrong with that? Speed questing is also a style of gameplay that the majority of RS already does all the time, "spacebarring" through quests. People that want to enjoy the lore don't have to participate in this competition. I see it would encourage it yes, but people that enjoy lore don't have to join the competition.

It shouldn't be rewarded with a title, how can you be an ultimate quester if you don't even bother to read the lore? This title shouldn't be a part of that. If people can't be bothered to read the actual content why the heck should they be rewarded?
~Toxic
Serenity~

A perfect community, Built together through peace and growth

17-Mar-2015 20:18:21

Amaterasu
Aug Member 2011

Amaterasu

Posts: 819 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"3. What if I've completed all the quests on my account?
You may want to take this as an early warning and start training up another account, so you're ready to take on a number of quests when the time comes. "

What? make a new account for a title (that 14,900 quest capers should already have) and somehow get the stats in time to beat other players? This seems really unfair to players that have already gotten the qp cape and players that don't have a 2nd account with decent enough levels; surely Players that have already gotten the cape are the ones that are the "ultimate questers" considering they didn* wait until a comp to go do some quests and instead did them before? The title Ultimate Quester? Just keep hold of space and skip all the lore and content, sounds about right. I know myself and many of my clan mates would have loved to have gotten this title, there's no way we can make an alt in time to win when there will be players with already decent levels entering; this comp would have been fairer if we could repeat quests however looks like we won't be getting that for a few years.

Don't make titles and then limit them so much... one player... 2k with super super/villain is rare enough to see

Have fun skilling and killing!
Toxic Serenity

17-Mar-2015 20:21:10

Clive Swift
May Member 2021

Clive Swift

Posts: 288 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex doesn't care about questers. The only thing they care about is how many people they can get to create new accounts and buy membership for a chance to win a title, so they can make more money. Just another bs cash grab poorly hidden under the name competition.

17-Mar-2015 20:24:41

Viperfang

Viperfang

Posts: 142 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have to voice my disappointment with this contest.
Like many who have posted here, I have a quest cape, I do quests when they are released, and enjoy quest content immensely. It seems to be missing the point of questing altogether to have a speed based competition for it. Your stated intention of attracting more people to doing quests is great, it really is, but your choice of title, and the nature of the competition offend nearly the entire community of people who genuinely enjoy the content. Telling us to create a 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th) account just to participate is insulting to many of us.

I know you're still going to run this contest, but could we see some sort of concession for the *actual* quest masters? The best questers that already exist? I personally want to see the title be more low-key and more appropriate. Something that doesn't spit in the eye of the community of players who support you time and time again. Whether it's One small favour, or While guthix sleeps, we've been there for YOU, please remember that and listen to US.

17-Mar-2015 20:29:08

Amaterasu
Aug Member 2011

Amaterasu

Posts: 819 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CeddyyBearr said :
Low level players have things to go for anyway**** (eg*) milestone capes, elf city, curses, its not like they need a title that only they can go for, they have everything to work for that a higher level has; this comp makes higher level players wish they were lower so they could join in (no one can get the stats in time to win and why should they.) and have the title to go for, why should they be prevented from getting the title because they did quests before there was a title up for grab, this is also promoting players rushing though quests which surly isn't a good way to tell low levels how to quest.

[#EQR31O4WN] said :
*facepalm*

The only goal of this competition is to speed through all the quests. How does that make you a "ultimate quester"?

To me, an ultimate quester is someone who actually does all the quests and the content it provides (such as mini quests, extra hidden content after quests) rather than someone who main goal was to rush through every quest to see how many quest points they can obtain.

I have no problem with the competition but giving someone the title "ultimate quester" for rushing for quests? that is not right. Rather they give a more suitable title or just stick with the godsword and give some jmods signed pictures.

This^ if there wasn't the title, or if the title was changed into something more fitting then I wouldn't mind but as it stands how could they be the "ultimate quester" by holding space

Toxic Serenity

17-Mar-2015 20:34:13

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top